Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

35 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Between this and the comment about rest of season, he’s obviously setting up to ride with Heinicke no matter how things go. He’s riding the vibes of the locker room as he should.

So we don’t need to worry about that 2nd rounder thankfully. 

4 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Rob didn't actually play in 2014. They let him go in the preseason of that year. It's still kind of shocking how big a cult Rob Jackson grew in 2012, just to be pedestrian in 2013, and be out of the league after that. I'm surprised a team like Cleveland or Baltimore didn't pick him up.

Griffin was a backup in Baltimore for almost two seasons I think. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Robert was, but not Rob. Rob got his 4 picks in 2012, coasted through 2013, then just vaporized. I wonder whatever happened to him.

lol I didn’t even see that you said Rob Jackson, I had QB on the brain given the thread

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah, you knew who the “Rob” was, that was being referred to on the last page though. So bringing up Rob Jackson was unnecessary

There's only one Rob in my world, and that's Rob Jackson my beloved. You can't rob Rob's name for Robert's sake.

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ahh but what if I were to tell you, and stay with me on this, that Rob is short for Robert? 

Rob and Robert each have their own distinct names. Robert has his own identity, don't let Robert rob Rob's Rob.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 6

I said last week if TH beats the Eagles then he should get the keys for the remainder of the season.  This is Taylor's team.  We would have lost last night with Wentz and not because TH was a lights out passer.  But he understands and manages the game.  With our defense and TH leading three touchdown drives, we can beat anybody; yes I said it.  We beat the best team in the league last night with a 40 min to 20 min time of possession.  

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ut oh...😐

I understand the reasoning and pretty much agree with it...usually. Not sure, though, that any of our QBs would perform well enough to be worthy of being guaranteed they won't be benched. I was almost hoping for the Gibbs approach in 1987.

14 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

I said last week if TH beats the Eagles then he should get the keys for the remainder of the season.  This is Taylor's team.  We would have lost last night with Wentz and not because TH was a lights out passer.  But he understands and manages the game.  With our defense and TH leading three touchdown drives, we can beat anybody; yes I said it.  We beat the best team in the league last night with a 40 min to 20 min time of possession.  

He didn't lead three TD drives, just for the record...

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

I wouldn’t get too carried away with the commitment.  Commitments change but for now it should at least alleviate any drama about it.  There are still 7 games left, plenty of time for things to change.

What I think is most likely…

Names Taylor the starter for the rest of the season.  We up and down it, finish 9-8 or 8-9, miss the playoffs, and at best we get to see Howell in the final game of the season if officially eliminated.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I wouldn’t get too carried away with the commitment.  Commitments change but for now it should at least alleviate any drama about it.  There are still 7 games left, plenty of time for things to change.

What I think is most likely…

Names Taylor the starter for the rest of the season.  We up and down it, finish 9-8 or 8-9, miss the playoffs, and at best we get to see Howell in the final game of the season if officially eliminated.

I mean he can’t name Wentz the starter. The entire fanbase (all 45 of us) would wonder what the hell he’s doing.

This is posturing so Wentz feels important and valued.  

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I mean he can’t name Wentz the starter. The entire fanbase (all 45 of us) would wonder what the hell he’s doing.

I agree, and thought he was clear enough when he talked about momentum.

All I meant about commitment for the rest of the season is that can always change if the wins become losses.

58 minutes ago, KDawg said:

We can argue stats and all that stuff all day but… Heinicke crushing Busch Lites on the flight home makes him my hero.

Out of a trash can cooler tho!?!?!

My man. He’s basically me with more money and more hair. 

18 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Bezos will probably use drones for that distance.

The future is now 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Why would they do that if they plan to cut him this offseason? 🤔