Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

19 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

image.thumb.png.2748c39456b1d9ecba64461f6100835f.png

This is not what happened IMO, its what some people keep saying on the thread but its not what I saw and I was glad to hear Cooley agree with me when he was on Sheehan yesterday.  Cooley said yesterday there was no way the DB was getting that ball in the position he was in (back pedaling).  Terry had both hands on that ball from the get go.  I've watched it 30 times and at no time did I think the DB was going to come away with that ball. It was underthrown no doubt but it wasn't as hopeless as many are trying to make it out to be.

Who would you rather be, the guy facing the ball as its coming towards him or the guy back pedaling flat footed.  This is a still of right before the ball got there, did you think the guy standing with his feet on the ground had the better chance?

Ok but the problem is this still shot comes after Terry broke free from coverage and ran right past the DB into the end zone, and then had to run back towards the DB to snatch the ball away. Back up the game film a few seconds and see where Terry is in relation to the DB.  And regardless, the point is the ball was underthrown and turned a walk-in TD into a "omg will Terry muscle the ball away" situation.  I understand that throwing contested passes happens in the NFL.  Jalen Hurts actually threw a threw a few against our corners that were receptions.   There are situations where you throw a contested pass because it's 1 on 1 coverage and you trust the WR to make a play.  This was not a situation where Terry was blanketed.   

Edited by NoCalMike

Regarding "the pass," I've viewed it from the beginning like this: we needed a play, anything (bad) can happen, and so our QB chucked it up for our #1 WR who has man-hands. He trusts McLaurin more than Wentz does, so I completely understand his decision. Could he have led Scary a bit more? Sure...I mean I guess. The point is that he threw to his most trusted guy and it worked. Not sure what the purpose of the arguing is about lmao.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 3

I think our 2023 QB situation is harder to gauge right now with the potential sale. If it’s definitely happening then Wentz is done. Might as well release him now. TH could be a cheap placeholder is the sale is ongoing during the offseason. If it happens fast we are starting over again with a fresh batch in the room.

8 hours ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

I remember seeing wide open Etienne over thrown first game completely wide open no body even remotely close.

Did you read my post, I said during the final 2 minutes. That play where Etinenne was wide open happened during the flow of the game and was a blown coverage. 

If a team needs a touchdown to win the game in the final 2 minutes of a game, defenses are not gonna strictly play man defense but a soft zone so that no one gets behind them. Thats why in my opinion crossers especially in the middle of the field are so effective and if you have a wideout who can make defenses miss ala Tyreek Hill can be dangerous. 

5 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

You think a new owner would like to give Lamar Jackson a Mahomes or maybe Watson size contract here?

Lamar is awesome but no way in hell he should get a $250 fully guaranteed contract!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Ok but the problem is this still shot comes after Terry broke free from coverage and ran right past the DB into the end zone, and then had to run back towards the DB to snatch the ball away. Back up the game film a few seconds and see where Terry is in relation to the DB.  And regardless, the point is the ball was underthrown and turned a walk-in TD into a "omg will Terry muscle the ball away" situation.  I understand that throwing contested passes happens in the NFL.  Jalen Hurts actually threw a threw a few against our corners that were receptions.   There are situations where you throw a contested pass because it's 1 on 1 coverage and you trust the WR to make a play.  This was not a situation where Terry was blanketed.   

You are actually incorrect here. Terry stops at the 5 yard line turns around and looks back at the football and is ready to catch it. Terry never went to the endzone. This still I took is from when Terry stopped running. Terry never came back to the football the football was coming to him and he did the catching right at that spot. Terry actually catches the ball at the 3rd yard line.  

terry7.thumb.png.4492ed83b972c63820f1071bf382b169.png

Edited by zCommander

6 hours ago, Captain James said:

Regarding "the pass," I've viewed it from the beginning like this: we needed a play, anything (bad) can happen, and so our QB chucked it up for our #1 WR who has man-hands. He trusts McLaurin more than Wentz does, so I completely understand his decision. Could he have led Scary a bit more? Sure...I mean I guess. The point is that he threw to his most trusted guy and it worked. Not sure what the purpose of the arguing is about lmao.

It's weird, people love talking about how great Terry is at contested catches, point to the stats whatever, want to see him get the ball more and go for more contested catches, "Just throw it up and let Terry make a play," and then it finally happens and people lose their minds because IT COULD HAVE BEEN PICKED.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Thumb up 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So I popped in here for the first time today, just to see if the news of today was powerful enough to shut down the trial, and here it is - more screenshots.  😭

I am sorry but had to correct the mis-information on NoCalMike's post. 

Anyone can watch it here if they like: https://nbafullhd.com/81110-2/

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:
“I throw it to them.
Then I get my popcorn ready 🍿
And I become a fan”
-Jalen Hurts marveling at the things AJ Brown, DeVonta Smith, Dallas Goedert can do with the football

Exactly like Heini

If Team Commanderskins wins the next two games, you must change the name of this thread to "The Legend."

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

6 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Deal. 

Wait, the Vikings and monday night against the best team in football?  

Laughing Hysterically GIFs | Tenor

Vikings don't have a downfield threat. They have barley won games. I think the Commanders will beat the Vikes. Eagles might be a loss but can go either way. Will see. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, zCommander said:

Vikings don't have a downfield threat. They have barley won games. I think the Commanders will beat the Vikes. Eagles might be a loss but can go either way. Will see. 

Justin Jefferson is one of the most dangerous downfield threats in the league, and is in the midst of an unusual scoring drought (brought down at the 1 multiple times in recent weeks). We’ll be lucky if he doesn’t tear us up, he’s a force of nature. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Conn said:

Justin Jefferson is one of the most dangerous downfield threats in the league, and is in the midst of an unusual scoring drought (brought down at the 1 multiple times in recent weeks). We’ll be lucky if he doesn’t tear us up, he’s a force of nature. 

Their total offense is ranked 18 and heir interior OL is not good. You contain Jefferson and Kirk will get rattled and becomes one dimensional. Panicking Kirk is always good. 

53 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Their total offense is ranked 18 and heir interior OL is not good. You contain Jefferson and Kirk will get rattled and becomes one dimensional. Panicking Kirk is always good. 

I hear you (and I hope that’s how it plays out), but that doesn’t take away from the fact that they do indeed have a downfield threat… :)

I have to wonder if Theilan is the one that really hurts us as Jefferson draws the attention of the safeties.  Not in a monster game sort of way, but by keeping the chains moving.  I would love for our interior to rattle Kirk though…

• Thumb up 1

9 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

lol this is gonna be a 38-6 kinda blow out.

Bills and Chiefs are teams someone can speculate a blow out of the bottom third teams in the NFL. With that said, the offense must show up and provide some first half scoring and win the field position battle. Prime Alex Smith would love this game plan and have Washington sitting 7-1 right now… need Heineke to be a poor mans Alex Smith. 

38 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I hear you (and I hope that’s how it plays out), but that doesn’t take away from the fact that they do indeed have a downfield threat… :)

I have to wonder if Theilan is the one that really hurts us as Jefferson draws the attention of the safeties.  Not in a monster game sort of way, but by keeping the chains moving.  I would love for our interior to rattle Kirk though…

Not to put decisions on one game, but look forward to evaluating how much the Dline impacts the game. I’m already pretty much sold on idea of keeping the entire Dline, but wouldn’t lose my mind if they let one go. With that said, this is the type of game and next week to really gauge if the team can choose the Dline to build around for next 3-4 seasons and fit everything else around their respective salaries.

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

When was the last time this team contained a stud WR? St. Brown lit us up. Brown and Smith lit us up. Lamb lit us up. 

I like St. Juste and think he's developing nicely but he ain't checkin Jefferson.

Yep... Jefferson vs Wildgoose could turn into a nightmare quickly. KO will look for that matchup.