Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Seeing word on the street Kirk Cousins is available for trade...

If there's any truth to the rumor we are literally calling everyone, including the Chiefs about Mahomes, I'm already preparing for the reality we will try to trade for Kirk.

Which is a level of irony that would have its own magnetic field detectable from space. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

This sounds like you're settling.   Don't ever settle if you want the best in life.   This is why we are in QB purgatory for so long,  we keep doing this!

I'm not settling. Personally I've said already that I don't like any of the QBs in this year's class and wouldn't draft any of them. I'm in the camp of take a flyer on a Trubisky and Mariota for a year. I don't want to settle for average to decent. 

5 hours ago, Conn said:

So either Rivera was outbid, or he failed to sell the roster/franchise to Russ as well as Denver did. Because we had the same draft capital to give and neither franchise had a (good, Lock is in the trade but sucks) QB to give. 

Can’t blame Russ for not wanting to come here but that’s another high profile whiff for Rivera after a lot of big talk and (I assume) big effort.

This team isn’t as good as Ron think It is and on top of that; the Dan mess and general sleeve of this organization turns people off.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, ExoDus84 said:

Worst stadium? Yes. Worst field? I don't think so. This past offseason, didn't the team completely rip out the field down to the studs and replace everything (drainage, irrigation, turf, etc)? I thought the field held up pretty well this season; certainly better than in years past.

Agree no longer worst field.

Worst stadium

Worst facilities

Worst home field “advantage”

Worst owner

Team that is tagged a loser

Only saving grace IMO is Rivera is one of the most liked and respected coaches in the league. I think it’s amusing that some want to remove that and think we’d do better without that element

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

There’s no doubt his run ability should’ve been used much more in Chicago. Not sure we have the staff to maximize it, due to not seeing much of it last year. Maybe it had to do more with Heineke than Turners philosophical beliefs about the QB? 

I’m not bullish or anything; prefer Mariota or Jimmy G (at a cheap cost). 

Not sure players consider Dan the worst owner, actually think it’s the opposite. 

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm not settling. Personally I've said already that I don't like any of the QBs in this year's class and wouldn't draft any of them. I'm in the camp of take a flyer on a Trubisky and Mariota for a year. I don't want to settle for average to decent. 

I agree, this QB class pretty much sucks.  Although it's possible someone breaks out, but that's like saying I will win the next powerball jackpot at its highest value in history.... 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Wilson also preferred Denver. Like Stafford preferred LA last year.

Yep.  I do think some QBs would come here but everything being equal with QBs who have a choice there is plenty to tip the balance to go elsewhere.

We likely will do better with QBs without no trade clauses and also easier to get dudes from the AFC

• Like 1

Pickett, I don't look at as settling. If we can't get Carr, Wilson, Rodgers, or Watson I don't think there would be much difference between Pickett and the other FA Qb plus he be cheaper.

JimmyG 

Wentz

Trubisky 

Marrota 

I think he would be about the same.

Edited by Redskins 2021

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep.  I do think some QBs would come here but everything being equal with QBs who have a choice there is plenty to tip the balance to go elsewhere.

Kind of like me dating Jennifer Lawrence. Yeah, technically I'm available and an option for her, but she may have two or three better options than me at any given time.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

There's no one remaining to get really excited about.  There's only slightly more palatable options than others.  

I think if we’re being honest with ourselves, we were never gonna be a player for Wilson or Rodgers. I thought that Carr was/is on the lower end of possibilities with JG/Wentz being at the higher end but unlikely because of other reasons. 

It was always gonna be a “meh” vet and a rookie. This doesn’t change a thing.

To be a good team again, we have to do what others teams have done. Draft and develop a ****ing franchise quarterback.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Not sure players consider Dan the worst owner, actually think it’s the opposite. 

The Dan drill of being a jock sniffer definitely made him some friends. Bowling with RG3. Going to Vegas with Clinton Portis, etc.

But that was years ago. The growing reclusive version of him who is under scrutiny for his own actions with women - and has built a 22 year resume of running a losing organization might not be a plus even if Portis or whomever vouches that he is a barrel of laughs.

But no way to know,  The narrative that Dan is a loser has much more layers to it today than it did years ago

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Most recent J.T. O'Sullivan video on Pickett from today. Main takeaways:

- Great footwork, fundamentals

- Really good outside of the pocket when plays break down

- Very accurate, especially when driving the ball on timing routes outside the numbers

- Seems to get confused too easily by disguised coverages

- Multiple times he completely misses safeties

- Misses hot reads/open guys too often when defense brings heat

Arm talent is a wash. Certainly not elite but not bad, and his good technique/base helps him there.

I enjoyed this evaluation because this is one of Pickett's games I watched.  That game is one of the reasons I haven't been sold on Pickett.  I think it points to his talent but REALLY shows the holes in his decision processing.  I feel UVA QB Brennan Armstrong easily outplayed him and Pickett was rewarded because UVA's defense was horrible.

:229:The Rook

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Seeing word on the street Kirk Cousins is available for trade...

If there's any truth to the rumor we are literally calling everyone, including the Chiefs about Mahomes, I'm already preparing for the reality we will try to trade for Kirk.

Which is a level of irony that would have its own magnetic field detectable from space. 

I actually think it could work.  It was good for both sides when he was here, we have a defense now that's a little more equipped to hold on to a lead when his propensity to be good in every single moment except the most crucial ones rears its head.  Tell me Terry couldn't feast on 33 TDs and 7 Ints. 

No one wants it, I know.  But I'd be down.

• Sad 1
  • Thumb down 1

3 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

I actually think it could work.  It was good for both sides when he was here, we have a defense now that's a little more equipped to hold on to a lead when his propensity to be good in every single moment except the most crucial ones rears its head.  Tell me Terry couldn't feast on 33 TDs and 7 Ints. 

We can't bring Cousins  back if we do that would mean we have made no progress since he left.

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Coopskin44 said:

Why in the world would do that trade?He wouldn’t beat anyone on our roster right now.Wouldn’t waste a 2nd rd pick for him.Hard pass on Love.

How do you know Love couldn't beat out anyone on our roster?  Because he couldn't beat out back to back MVP Aaron Rodgers during his only 2 years in the league?  Why has Love's stock fallen since he was drafted in the first round?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

I know this leaves a sour tastes in people's mouths here, but I think I'd be down for this too.  The dude is an above-average QB,  even with his choking tendencies....

I recall when we traded for Alex Smith, the glowing sentiment amongst the fanbase that “he wanted to be here”.

I contested that he didn’t have much choice, it was us and Cleveland of which we offered him the best contract.  But for whatever reason, folks really wanted to believe that he coveted us just as Bruce did him.  

Rivera gives us a bit of a boost reputation wise, but we still have facilities that pale in comparison to some Texas high schools, a crap stadium, a depleted and sad fanbase as evidenced every time QBs visit our stadium or watch on TV, the worst owner in sports who just so happens to be at the root of a congressional investigation for sexual harassment, and a new generic name and ‘brand’.

If you are honest about who we are and what we have to offer, you must admit that we are among the least appealing destinations in the entire league.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Redskins 2021 said:

We can't bring Cousins  back if we do that would mean we have made no progress since he left.

But I think we actually have.  You can get hung up on the symbolism, or you can look at the QB play from last year and make an honest comparison.

Just now, Bifflog said:

But I think we actually have.  You can get hung up on the symbolism, or you can look at the QB play from last year and make an honest comparison.

Maybe, it would not look good

1 minute ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Watson is perfect for Philly. After all, they signed Vick.

They did and if Watson goes there they will be better then us for the next 8 to 10 years.