Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Not running. He likely gained water weight for the weigh in

This. After skipping everything at the Combine he needs to do both. It is why I thought it was stupid for him not to run at the combine. He could have run there, put on 15 pounds of water weight and then measured at his pro day. If he skips one or the other today it is a major red flag imo. 

• Like 4

He doesn't need to run the 40.  It's 100% obvious that he has elite speed for a QB.  It's not what defines his NFL ceiling.  It is much more important to see him throw.  The arm talent is what he needs to demonstrate and prove to teams.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tmandoug1 said:

Millers statement from the above mock scenario is confusing to me. 

"Maye might have more upside, but Daniels is ready to excel right now."

Is he saying that Drake Maye will most likely be better than Daniels in the long run? That Daniels has a lower Ceiling but will get us to 9-8 faster?  Strange final sentence....almost like a cop-out.

I don't think its just the idea that he gets you wins faster.

Its more the idea that he sees that one guy is already a prospect that can offer high level impact and even if he personally believes Maye has a higher ceiling, you'd have to pass over someone who you know can perform at a high level for a prospect who is never guaranteed to reach said ceiling.

Bird in the hand kinda thing.

as for the more general debate

As someone who has not put a ton of stock in JDs weight, whatever he comes in at will not change how I plan on teaching the guy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I mean yeah he'll look great throwing against oxygen like literally every QB pro day ever.

You get to see his arm strength which some are seemingly not impressed with!  And the diva comment earlier in this thread about Daniels…lol. He is anything but. If there is one diva in this draft, it’s Caleb Williams. Maybe Marvin Harrison Jr. too. 

Edited by BayouBrave86
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

This tells me you didnt watch it. That film is some of the best I graded this cycle. Maye doesnt catch the ball. 

Well his receivers don't either.

gettyimages-82182200.thumb.jpg.f91f43d5dc2a862518b8eabfdf95e1f1.jpg

Edited by DogofWar1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, DogofWar1 said:

Hey I just posted that gif yesterday!

I have posted it several times over the years. It’s one of my go to gifs. I will post this one when he drops out of the top 3 on draft night for refusing to run and get measured same day:

IMG_1346.jpeg.d415c35ec09d0143457a321d5ffea607.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

I have posted it several times over the years. It’s one of my go to gifs. I will post this one when he drops out of the top 3 on draft night for refusing to run and get measured same day:

It's a good gif and a fitting one for this fanbase.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

He doesn't need to run the 40.  It's 100% obvious that he has elite speed for a QB.  It's not what defines his NFL ceiling.  It is much more important to see him throw.  The arm talent is what he needs to demonstrate and prove to teams.

I disagree. He is clearly fast at his game weight. Is he at his pro day weight though?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

What are you going to do if Quinn drafts Jayden? :lol: Jayden isn’t falling out of the top 3.

4 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

As someone who has not put a ton of stock in JDs weight, whatever he comes in at will not change how I plan on teaching the guy.

Same in that i dont worry about the weight to much. There are many way to mitigate the kind of hits he takes, he just has to be smart. They can teach him that. 

But if that ****er weighs in at 190 or less you gotta do the little eyebrow thing a least a little bit. 

edit: I dont know how to do gifs but yall know what im talking about 

Edited by Llevron

1 minute ago, BayouBrave86 said:

You get to see his arm strength which some are seemingly not impressed with!  And the diva comment earlier in this thread about Daniels…lol. He is anything but. If there is one diva in this draft, it’s Caleb Williams. Maybe Marvin Harrison Jr. too. 

The only QB to leave the combine early and refused to get measured was Diva Daniels. Caleb and Maye stayed, interacted with their peers and gave interviews to NFL Network. Diva Daniels claimed he was going to get ready for his pro day. Which is now an incomplete with his refusal to run. 100% Diva behavior. 

Why the Commanders are likely to ‘stick and pick’ at No. 2 in the NFL draft

ORLANDO — Even though Washington Commanders General Manager Adam Peters keeps insisting all options are on the table with the draft’s No. 2 pick, rival executives are skeptical he will do anything but “stick and pick” the best quarterback available.

Four people with knowledge of the league’s inner workings said they would be very surprised if Peters traded down.

“Why would you when you have a chance to draft a franchise quarterback?” one of those people said.

In 2017, two of those people pointed out, the San Francisco 49ers had the No. 2 pick and needed a quarterback, but they passed on the top of the class, including Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson. They started the season 0-9, traded for Jimmy Garoppolo and — even though they still built a talented team in the long run — ended up looking for a franchise quarterback for years. It’s a search that Peters, a former 49ers executive, probably wants to avoid reliving.

Ultimately, pretty much everyone at this week’s owners meetings acknowledged they were making educated guesses about Washington’s plan. Peters has remained tight-lipped and poker-faced, and on Monday he said the team is still “far from our answer.” Peters and Coach Dan Quinn will attend pro days for LSU’s Jayden Daniels on Wednesday and North Carolina’s Drake Maye on Thursday, then will probably host all of the top quarterbacks for visits.

“I don’t think anyone in here knows exactly what Washington is going to do,” New England Patriots Coach Jerod Mayo said this week. “I think everyone knows what Chicago is going to do [with the first pick]. But the rest of it honestly is just up in the air.”

“If somebody thinks they know [what we’ll do], they’ll have to fill me in,” Quinn joked, adding that he hasn’t even finished watching all the quarterback tape.

If Peters does trade down, a person with another team said, he almost certainly would stay in range for a top quarterback — so probably no further than No. 4 or No. 5. Peters would have to be confident that Maye and Daniels, the consensus top prospects behind Caleb Williams, wouldn’t become stars, because he’s under great pressure to find the best guy.

“We can have a big impact if we make the right selection,” managing partner Josh Harris said.

1 minute ago, BayouBrave86 said:

What are you going to do if Quinn drafts Jayden? :lol: Jayden isn’t falling out of the top 3.

I’m going to give him and peters the benefit of the doubt and hope he has an amazing career. I would much rather have a winning team than be right about Jayden being a bust. 

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its doubtful he runs but he absolutely has to give his measurables.

If he doesn't run put a big asterix next to the weight. He can put on water weight for a weigh in.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Same in that i dont worry about the weight to much. There are many way to mitigate the kind of hits he takes, he just has to be smart. They can teach him that. 

Mmmmmmmmmmmm we said the same thing about RGIII and sliding and MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNGGGGGHHHHH

That is one thing that I do like about Maye.  His slide is so crisp.  Did I ever think I'd be out here hyping up a baseball slide?  No.  But here we are.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The only QB to leave the combine early and refused to get measured was Diva Daniels. Caleb and Maye stayed, interacted with their peers and gave interviews to NFL Network. Diva Daniels claimed he was going to get ready for his pro day. Which is now an incomplete with his refusal to run. 100% Diva behavior. 

Caleb refused medicals. And that’s just the start of it, but all of his character concerns have been addressed here already. You think Jayden is a diva/bust and I think of Caleb as a diva/all-time level bust. To each their own. :cheers:

• Like 2

Just now, BayouBrave86 said:

Caleb refused medicals. And that’s just the start of it, but all of his character concerns have been addressed here already. You think Jayden is a diva/bust and I think of Caleb as a diva/all-time level bust. To each their own. :cheers:

We can compromise on Maye at 2 and be done with it! 😂 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

They can teach him that. 

You sure about that? They couldnt teach RG3 how to do it. Along with a long line of other QB's who are no longer in the league because they never learned how to protect themselves.