Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Mild curiosity…

People who are in the Jayden Daniels camp and can’t fathom why anyone would be worried:

Can you not see people’s concerns with Daniels?

And those of you in the Maye camp:

Can you not see Daniels potential?

I feel like these things get ignored in this convo when people are all in for one or the other.

Yes, if his processing is as good as people say it is, if the arms fine, if the accuracy is what they say, if the anticipation piece is fine, if the middle of the field is more about the WR's talent, than a problem using the field, if the p2s ratio thing isn't a thing (even I can't help but spit take at such a moronic argument), if he works through the progressions, and stays as healthy as he did in college, yeah. There's no denying what he did in '23, and hinted at in '22, or in a couple of games in '20. It's right there. The elite running, I even heard Shawn Siegel from rotoviz basically say, he stays healthy, the '23 Daniels is if Burrow and Lamar had a kid. I think that's nuts, but otoh, I respect the heck out of Siegele. So yeah, the upside is there, again, for me, it's the endless litany of concerns, and once we have a cohort of prospects at QB, I go sniffing around like a truffle hound for bust risk, rather than success projecting because over time I've become convinced that nobody and nothing is good at projecting who will be successful beyond tiering, and then figuring out which guys have the most warning signs, rather than positive traits. 

So for me, yes, I can totally imagine Daniels becoming a star, its probably 45/55 to 60/40 that he either shows he belongs, or just goes nuclear. It's very easy to see it happening. But I also think that 40-55% chance that he just totally implodes puts him firmly behind Maye for me, but most of the guys I respect most in the dynasty analytics industry disagree w/me, and plenty of other people, and there are definitely loads of concerns with Maye too. We'll see. 

At the end, as vituperative as the arguments may have been, the basis for them is largely disagreement of about 5-15% on the liklihood of hitting long term vs busting or just being replacement level (The Dalton/Tannehill line). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, KDawg said:

Well, that’s not Maye or Daniels.

Who has the ability to feel it and shift?

Who can see the D and shift protection to wherever it needs to be?

Such a tough thing to do to pick a franchise QB. 

None will succeed without a good oline!

17 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

If only our front office was able to be more thorough during the draft process.  If they put in the proper effort and asked the right questions, they would've known how much RG3 loves dragon Ball z, and they would've known to steer clear.  It would've saved us a lot of heartache. Can't win with a guy like that. 

...ya know.... shoulda taken him to Top Golf....

Actually, for Griffin it should've been a group outing to Comicon. Anyone who shows up in costume is off the draft board.

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Haha 4

I'm not squarely in either camp. I'm about 50/50 on Daniels/Maye.

Like everyone else, I'm concerned about Daniels frame, but he is worth taking a swing on. He had 4 ints last year in a very tough conference. That is pretty legit.

• Like 4

Just now, dunfer said:

Hes not answering....KDawgs loves some JJs

I do. But no. Not him, either. None of these guys feel pressure and slide around. Daniels gets out of the way relatively well but he definitely prefers to break the pocket rather than navigate it.

Williams navigates it well but he holds the ball for a quarter century.

Maye does NOT navigate the pocket well at all consistently. The guy sacks himself like Howell did at times. And, like Howell, sometimes moves and slides and navigates it well. 

I don’t know that JJ has the sample size…

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

if we were going McCarthy you have to move back to 4ish. But I’m not sure why Arizona would come up so it’s kind of a moot point. 

Don't think it would happen that way; we'd tell somebody like Vegas, sorry not interested in trading down all the way to your spot. Pierce would then throw a hissy fit in their HQ and they'd trade up with AZ, then again with us. Not going to happen, but I think it'd work something like that if it did. But it won't, 'cause it's not. Happening. Definitely probably possibly.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

F it. I'm all in on Daniels. He's gonna resurrect this franchise and I can't wait for him to strut all over Parsons and Thibodeaux etc. 

The final seal is broken. Maye will now be the pick. Thank you for your sacrifice 

• Haha 9

4 minutes ago, Conn said:

The final seal is broken. Maye will now be the pick. Thank you for your sacrifice 

Nope. GC is the final piece. If he flips the stars align and we 100% take Penix.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Going Commando said:

If we pick Jayden Daniels and the Giants end up with Drake Maye, I'm going to go ahead and ban myself.

I wonder what Adam Peters, DQ and all the majority/minority owners are thinking right now. LOL

3 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

If we pick Jayden Daniels and the Giants end up with Drake Maye, I'm going to go ahead and ban myself.

I made that my prediction specifically because it would be maximally painful and that is our luck as Commander fans.

It also makes logical sense. NE is open for business but still needs a QB. The Giants love Maye and have been getting the inside line from Eli. If anyone wants to bet on a Michigan QB with great intangibles it's New England. Arizona and the Chargers will be happy to sit where they are and take two blue-chippers. Vegas will sit at 13 and take Penix.

You should honestly prepare yourself emotionally for this happening because it's very plausible