Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

20 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Instead we're in this one where we'll probably watch Daniels flounder around for 2-3 years before him and Quinn get canned and we have to start over again while Maye leads a Patriot renaissance and Johnson coaches a dynasty in Dallas starting 2025

That would probably be right if Dan was still the owner. Which he isn't anymore.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Jayden Daniels has apparently been diligently working out in the weight room in preparation for the NFL.

It’s hard to believe, but he was recently videoed bench pressing 365 lbs two times, which for a player of his size is pretty damn good.

It also looks like he’s put on significant weight since his pro day. I’m worried that he might be overdoing it though.

To me it doesn’t look like it’s all muscle and I wouldn’t want him to lose his speed— unless of course he goes to the Giants. 😛

Anyway here’s the video he posted on twitter of his bench press…

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Jayden Daniels has apparently been diligently working out in the weight room in preparation for the NFL.

It’s hard to believe, but he was recently videoed bench pressing 365 lbs two times, which for a player of his size is pretty damn good.

It also looks like he’s put on significant weight since his pro day. I’m worried that he might be overdoing it though.

To me it doesn’t look like it’s all muscle and I wouldn’t want him to lose his speed— unless of course he goes to the Giants. 😛

Anyway here’s the video he posted on twitter of his bench press…

No way thats Daniels, that dude has his belly peeking out of his shirt

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

No way thats Daniels, that dude has his belly peeking out of his shirt

Wait you can’t be serious? lol

If so, you need to adjust your parody detector.

EDIT:

For the record I went to twitter and did a search for “Jayden Daniels” and among other things, this video of a high school football player with the same name popped up and the rest you can guess. lol

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Sir jokes are illegal in this thread, please put your hands behind your back, you're going to joke jail.

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, Llevron said:

The fact that there are any Ben Johnson fans here still after the way he hoed us in the interview process is silly to me. 

And them same people will turn around and say Daniels has character issues. Sick work lol 

Yeah, he missed on the Ben Johnson part. But i definitely do have the fear that we'll pick the next bust running QB while Maye goes to the Pats and ends up as the next Josh Allen.

It would be such a quintessential Washington move.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skinsfan66 said:

So you think Keim's Fog is going to turn to Smoke this week, maybe they let a little smoke out in Ashburn?  Were into day 3/4 of the week ahead and only some new J.J. Fog and Daniels still has a mountain of Fog, while Maye is seeing a little clearing.  

Just recalling past drafts, Tuesday, Wednesday and even Thursday leading up to the start tends to have twists and turns as to gossip, some of it ends up BS, but some of it tends to be true, will see. 

Keim has to make his pick on ESPN tomorrow night.  Should be interesting. He's been hit and miss on the actual pick but he's been typically within the ball park, right spot, etc.

When Peters said they will make up their minds early this week, maybe that's actually true, maybe there is a small shot something leaks.

Part of me hopes it doesn't.  I like the suspense of being surprised by this pick.  If I had to guess right now I think its Daniels.  But i wouldn't bet my house on it.

• Like 4

Due to drunk conversations that got really heated at the bar last night with Patriot and Giants fans, as well as some private ones on here, JD (my initials too swoon) has gone from QB5 to QB2 on my super important big board.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah, he missed on the Ben Johnson part. But i definitely do have the fear that we'll pick the next bust running QB while Maye goes to the Pats and ends up as the next Josh Allen.

It would be such a quintessential Washington move.

This fear is grounded in your analysis that he is a running QB. Which is incorrect. I have failed miserably to convince you of otherwise and that is my failure, not yours. I blame myself. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1

I doubt McShay talks to a zillion teams.  But I know he has connections in the league from years listening to his podcast with Kiper.  Wish McShay was back, he's more entertaining with Kiper versus Yates.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I doubt McShay talks to a zillion teams.  But I know he has connections in the league from years listening to his podcast with Kiper.  Wish Mcshay was back, he's more entertaining with Kiper versus Yates.

Drakes inconsistencies appear to be coming to the forefront. I still would prefer him over Daniels. But watching Daniels run all over the park is going to be exciting as hell. 

• Like 2

Just for records keeping purposes - there are about 35 people in here right now.  

When we get to 80 I'm bringing back the publicity stunt debate. 

I'm not going to get **** done at work this week. I'm sorry America. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

This fear is grounded in your analysis that he is a running QB. Which is incorrect. I have failed miserably to convince you of otherwise and that is my failure, not yours. I blame myself. 

A guy who pulls his eyes down and runs as soon as there's pressure at a borderline historic rate is a running QB.

Daniels ranks 193 out of 196 QB prospects since 2019 in how low his pass rate vs run rate when pressured is.

And IMO it's likely to be even worse in the NFL as be won't have the kind of OL and elite WRs he did in college. 

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I doubt McShay talks to a zillion teams.  But I know he has connections in the league from years listening to his podcast with Kiper.  Wish McShay was back, he's more entertaining with Kiper versus Yates.

This is compelling, if true. Deep down, I want Maye to be the pick. But I'm more and more convinced it will be JD. I'm ok with that too. Lets draft a QB and get to work!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

EDIT:

For the record I went to twitter and did a search for “Jayden Daniels” and among other things, this video of a high school football player with the same name popped up and the rest you can guess. lol

Oh my bad 😂 sorry i'm mentally drained from this weekend

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Drakes inconsistencies appear to be coming to the forefront. I still would prefer him over Daniels. But watching Daniels run all over the park is going to be exciting as hell. 

I prefer Maye.  But Daniels IMO is likely a stud if he can stay healthy.  Jazzed about both.

In that interview with Shannon, Daniels alluded to bulking up.  He's aware of the issue.  Obviously this team is aware of it too so if they pick him I gather its all hands on deck as to bulking up.

As I mentioned the other day, rewatching Daniels last weekend, I watched every throw, every game, the dude is a stud off platform WHEN he throws off platform.  He's accuracy rate is better than Maye's off platform so he doesn't suck at it.  IMO he needs to be coached up to use that skill more.

If I had to pick one thing that got me more jazzed about Daniels rewatching him was wow this dude could make some amazing off plaform throws -- dude just go to that well more versus taking off so much.  Rewatching him he IMO clearly has the skill to be great off platform.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

That’s the attitude!

There’s something to like about all of the top 4 qbs and there’s something to dislike about each of them too.

Regardless of who we draft all of us will be confronted with a choice:

We can focus on the negatives of that player and thus populate the forum with negative energy, or we can choose to focus on the positive attributes of that player.

I know what I intend to do.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 5

It really seems that the league sees JD as a guy who would go #1 in a lot of other drafts and has a clear separation between him and Maye, which is a far cry from where we were just a couple months ago.

The further we go, the more people basically find this same conclusion. Its hard to ignore that kind of banter.

It only takes one team to love you, but with so many football people being of this mindset, I buy the lean towards Jayden and I buy it hard.

Even more lucky year to have the no 2 pick this year than I first thought. Even my original take on JD was not this lofty, I just had him at blue chip. Getting a guy who would go #1 in other years at #2 is an absolute blessing. We were due some good juju.

• Like 5

Take Daniels if you think he's the best player . Don't overthink it. It's a crapshoot anyway! Plus, it will make all the people with irrational hate and hot takes and coded language about Daniels lose their mind, so it's an added bonus. 

Would be happy with Maye or McCarthy too. Thursday can't get here soon enough. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

55 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I can't believe that I'm the only one in this thread who's opinion is correct. What a bunch of dummies. Not Martin or Jumbo though. They're okay.

"Whose." Dummy. 😋

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

Oh my bad 😂 sorry i'm mentally drained from this weekend

No oroblem.

Your misinterpretation was funnier and more entertaining than my original parody. lol

It’s all about enjoying the moment, because nothing is guaranteed to us but right now. 

• Like 1