Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

6 minutes ago, illone said:

I’m here for it 😂

We probably wont know for sure for 2-3 years anyways. In my mind the draft is just the start. Not saying you shouldnt celebrate if your guy is picked. Thats fun too. But its more fun to win the division five years in a row. 

Yea we won’t know anything for sure for a while. All these guys get a grace period. This transition is not easy. 

That said….there is going to be no shortage of “I knew we picked the wrong guy” posts with the first negative play. Probably won’t wait that long. Let the ball hit the ground in training camp! Mannnnn

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'll be blasting Peters and ready to bail on the team.

Just kidding.

But I think @Koolblue13 or @RWJ has a better shot to go #2 than McCarthy but will see.

At least JJ has an elite comp. Athletic Tom Brady.

JD is at best  injury prone Alex Smith with a turbo button. He's still gonna be check down Charlie unless a wr is 10 yards open deep.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

Funniest thing is that Mr. Bill in NE did this process time and time again and now it's getting out that this is new (i.e., bring players together like Peters did) and a BIG IF this is true they don't like it the laugh is on them, the TOP GOLF players.  SMH.  LOL  

1 hour ago, SkinsFTW said:

Not quite sure where you're getting your latte's.

Maybe you just have a high opinion of your opinion!

Starbucks normally - its more than $5 for my go to caramel latte!

(And yes I know its expensive flavoured milk ..)

• Haha 2

Just now, RWJ said:

Funniest thing is that Mr. Bill in NE did this process time and time again and now it's getting out that this is new (i.e., bring players together like Peters did) and a BIG IF this is true they don't like it the laugh is on them, the TOP GOLF players.  SMH.  LOL  

In all honesty - being serious for a moment - if it really pissed off JD and his crew so much that they would torpedo him for real, then it was 100% worth it to have the little party. I can’t se how anyone could disagree with the results in that case. 

Hey, whether it's Jayden or Maye or McCarthy or hell Penix, I think 90+% of us will root like crazy for the kid to ball out. Whoever it is deserves the benefit of doubt until results suggest otherwise!

• Like 10
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

JD is at best  injury prone Alex Smith with a turbo button. He's still gonna be check down Charlie unless a wr is 10 yards open deep.

Then I don't get why people are so nervous that Daniels might be the pick?

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 hour ago, Ghost of said:

So McCarthy is always in the building, is a football junkie, everyone loves him and he's lost 3 times since middle school, won a state title, and two national titles at two different levels.  Oh and he had a fantastic shuttle time, it's obvious on tape that he can run and evade, uses his mobility to make plays downfield and threw 61 mph at the combine. 

What are we waiting for exactly? This is the kind of guy you build a whole program around.  And he comes from a school that aside from a troubled Rich Rod/Hoke period, and his coach, who played QB in the NFL said he's the best to come out of Michigan.

I’m having a hard time with sarcasm here lately, but…

I love McCarthy. I don’t think he has the same potential ceiling as Maye or even Daniels, but I think he has a higher floor and a relatively high ceiling. 

But if you’re picking second it’s SO hard to say… ya… let’s pick the safer guy. 

But I think I’m one of about 9 people that wouldn’t be mad at all if they draft McCarthy at 2. I’d be a bit bewildered for a moment… a little in shock. My next thought would be “wow I hope Maye doesn’t hit in combination with a McCarthy bust…”

Then my next thought would be, “holy **** the meltdown on ES is going to be epic!” And I’d make sure I was refreshing our draft night thread every 3 seconds to capture the fun and excitement.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, illone said:

Is it that you just like the other two guys more?

I get wanting to stick to the (public consensus) draft board, but passing on JJ is the type of mistake that can haunt you for years. 

I had a great response to this but lost Internet connection and now I got to do it all over.   What a bummer.  😢. Am trying to recreate the magic now.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I had a great response to this but lost Internet connection and now I got to do it all over.   What a bummer.  😢. Am trying to recreate the magic now.

pro tip: evernote 😎

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Then I don't get why people are so nervous that Daniels might be the pick?

For me, I have stated my concerns about JD.  If he is the selection at #2, he is and like CapsSkins summed it up, I myself will be rooting like crazy for him.  SIP, you know that all of us have our concerns but when it is all said and done 6 nights from now, we will rally around whoever the QB is.  :)  I will!  

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

So let me get this straight.

First Daniels and now Maye allegedly don't want to play for us.  

We love them both, but oh well, guess we'll just to have draft JJ instead!  Because that's how the league works -- you don't take the guys highest on your board if they have a preference to go elsewhere.  

GOOD LORD.

If a player's preference mattered, half the league would be in South Beach. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, illone said:

Is it that you just like the other two guys more?

I get wanting to stick to the (public consensus) draft board, but passing on JJ is the type of mistake that can haunt you for years. 

Heck I was on McCarthy before it was cool.  I think one of my first posts last year on the draft thread was pumping up McCarthy. 

And I try to be Zen at work when I can, not on this thread its too emotional :ols:.  So the meditation -- the Bob Marley stuff, the stay chill persona from McCarthy I like.

I've said many times I think he has the bigger floor of the three.  He strikes me somewhere between Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins.  I think he will be good, some concerns about him being great and explained why in detail before.  

I like Maye's ceiling the best.  Then Daniels.  Then McCarthy.  Simple as that.

Tough for me to guess based on smoke if they take Maye or Daniels but there is growing smoke it won't be McCarthy so I'd be very surprised.

As I've said before, I'll run with whatever they do.  The only thing that would piss me off is trading down and skipping QB but I don't expect it.

This isn't Vinny, Bruce, Ron to me -- those guys didn't have the pedigree to run a FO and spent years proving their incompetence.  Peters has a clean slate with me.

How can i push and endorse a hire yet kill them for the first big decision they make before we even know if the decision worked out or not?  In my eyes it would be like hiring a chef you dig to run a restaurant and be out on them after looking at the menu they want to cook before even tasting the meal?

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

19 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

I don’t prefer Daniels, but is this really supposed to pass as an attempt at seeming impartial with these “best case” comps? Come on lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Hooper said:

So let me get this straight.

First Daniels and now Maye allegedly don't want to play for us.  

We love them both, but oh well, guess we'll just to have draft JJ instead!  Because that's how the league works -- you don't take the guys highest on your board if they have a preference to go elsewhere.  

GOOD LORD.

If a player's preference mattered, half the league would be in South Beach. 

That is a joke twitter account

I don’t mean “that person is a joke”, I mean it’s literally a comedy account that only posts fake tweets for laughs, to troll people. Nobody is actually reporting that Maye doesn’t want to play for us lol

• Like 1