Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Daniels just doesn't seem like the kind of QB that minny would want with their philosophy and playstyle of O'Connell over there. They seem like the type to much prefer maye or mccarthy

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

I think it’s very plausible that we are trying to convince NE that we are more than open to trading back. If they 100% want Daniels, its not unrealistic to think they’d flip picks with us to get him.

What could we get back in a trade like that?

I have to give GMAP a lot of credit.  If you listen to the media talk:

-  They don't know and it bothers them

-  They try and try and try to quote sources but no one is talking

-  A number of media just don't like the idea of bringing in all four QB's at the same time.  Who cares.  GMAP has a plan and is executing that plan.

-  I firmly believe they have a lean and are in the confirmation phase - But, GMAP designed it so they would not make their final choice until say Monday or so.  Obvisously, they will sit down over the weekend and review everything, talk to everyone and make a final decision.  What I don't believe is the speculation that they just don't know or that their is derision within the organization.  GMAP is making the pick.  GMAP is getting everyone involded, including ownership, so as to have the most information possible to make the pick, and get buy in.   Harris is a quiet guy that likes to know what the heck is going on in the team he knows.  Not interfere, but be an informed boss.

-  The rampent speculation because GMAP made the decision to wait until say Monday to make it official is killing the media and many fans.  GMAP is in control, knows what he is doing, and the media just can't admit that.

-  Just have to trust the process and the final decision.

-  It bothers some in the media that they brought four QB's in at the same time, balking the norm, to have them together.  To interview them back-to-back.  To see how they interact.  To do the due deligence thing.  To talk and get to know JJ and Penix (not going to draft them) because the opportunaty presents itself.  Get intel because you never know what the future holds.  GMAP is picking a QB with the #2 pick, but the speculation continues.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

One more week... The speculation will just continue to build which is somewhat entertaining.  Must be fun for Peters, Quinn etc. to see/hear all the rumors and talk about what they are doing and why but in reality Im guessing they don't pay much attention to it nor should they.  I do wonder sometimes if teams have hired spies or at least folks with big ears and connections to help determine what other teams are doing.  There would be value in that.  It would be a lot of fun to see what goes on behind the scenes.  A documentary put together by past GMs and coaches about the entire process would be a fun watch... something like the movie draft day but based more on reality and past drafts.

In the end all of this is a gigantic smoke screen... they will trade down and take Nix. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I think it’s very plausible that we are trying to convince NE that we are more than open to trading back. If they 100% want Daniels, its not unrealistic to think they’d flip picks with us to get him.

They want Maye. Everyone behind us wants Maye. The agent going off on Twitter points to us taking Maye. Now that is the perception, Pats are willing to trade. They don’t want Daniels. 

If I had to predict, Vikings move up to 3 and take Daniels for their 2 firsts and 2025 first and second. 

• Thumb up 1

23 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Maye can certainly be a bust too but he has a non zero chance of success in the NFL unlike Jayden. 

I am sorry this is laughable. Again - I am pro Maye as the #2 pick. But to state unironically that Daniels is certain to bust like its a fact is just ridiculous. 

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, Fred Jones said:

have to give GMAP a lot of credit.

The one thing they’ve done for me, with an mvp level assist from JDs agent, is that I am no longer slightly leaning towards Daniels as I have been for the past week or so. Nor am I back on the fence.

I’ve actually graduated all the way to the acceptance stage and I truly don’t care who they draft anymore right now.

All the tension I’ve been feeling for over a month about this decision that I have no control over has evaporated.

I am at peace with whatever they do without prejudice. It no longer rules my imagination as it once did.

If this was a tv show for me last night with all,of the tweets was the moment it jumped the shark.

I will root for whoever they pick without regret or envy.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Schefter backing up is a clear signal that Maye (and possibly JJ) is absolutely in play and likely the leader at this point,  which is fine with me.

I just want our decision makers to pick who THEY want, not just who wants them. And to be honest the recent behavior of JDs agent has soured me enough on him as a candidate that it might be enough for me to prefer drafting Maye even if it means waiting and giving him the time some believe he needs before eventually starting him.

Schefter has been on the same plane as Keim the whole time.  That is, if they had to guess they'd guess Daniels because among the coaches-personnel people they've spoken to around the league without skin in the game, that's the QB they prefer.  But neither have said they got a leak from Washington's brass and have flat out said they haven't got a leak from Washington.

To me its been the same for weeks.  Daniels is possible.  Maye is possible.  The only thing that Keim has hinted and this I would gather might be from the team is he doesn't think it will be McCarthy.  Others have said similar things about it not being McCarthy.  I wouldn't bet in Vegas now on either Maye or Daniels.  I probably would throw some money on the idea that it won't be McCarthy

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I am sorry this is laughable. Again - I am pro Maye as the #2 pick. But to state unironically that Daniels is certain to bust like its a fact is just ridiculous. 

We will know for certain in the next 3 years. 

Best case scenario is for him in Minnesota with KOC coaching, Jefferson and Addison at WR. But he will be a bust there too. 

Don’t get me wrong, he will flash then get a season ending injury and rinse and repeat. It won’t be an instant bust situation like Bryce Young. More like Justin Fields. 

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

We will know for certain in the next 3 years. 

Best case scenario is for him in Minnesota with KOC coaching, Jefferson and Addison at WR. But he will be a bust there too. 

Don’t get me wrong, he will flash then get a season ending injury and rinse and repeat. It won’t be an instant bust situation like Bryce Young. More like Justin Fields. 

When Jayden is winning a MVP and taking the league by storm, I’ll be sure to link you to this thread :lol:

The fact the group invite set up has generated so much buzz is all the confirmation you need to know it’s a good off the wall type approach. 

If it has unsettled some people, great. That’s part of the point, especially for the prospects. Those mentally strong and confident in their own ability would eat that kind of scenario up. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

When Jayden is winning a MVP and taking the league by storm, I’ll be sure to link you to this thread :lol:

100% please do. 

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Agreed. Which means no one knows for certain right now.

There is an arc that needs to take place. It’s certain to take place but until it does it’s not proven. Like cicadas will emerge this year. You could have said that cicada will merge 5 years ago in 2024 and you would be certain but until they actually emerged you wouldn’t have definite proof. Jayden being a bust is not uncertain. It just needs the corroborating evidence to finalize it. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I think there is a non-zero chance that we informed his agent today that Jayden wasn’t going to be the pick. If last night and earlier today were the last piece of the evaluation, and if we indeed did have a lean and it was to stay at number two and pick Maye, it’s entirely possible we finalized our decision and if we did, the professional thing to do would be to let them know.

And I could see his agent being kind of pissed if that was the case like, “why did you make my kid come all the way out there to play golf with your favorite?”

I wonder if this is connected to DraftKings taking Maye off the board. Starting to get paranoid that nobody really has a clue, and the market could shift dramatically with sharp money at any second for or against Drake. I am surprised they didn't take both Daniels and Maye off though. Or just plug Daniels into an o/u 3.5 bet, but then again everyone would take the under and they'd get smashed. Crazy times. 

I think it's interesting/significant that we haven't heard a peep from Daniels' PR firm, EAG Sports Management, which was lightning quick to refute prior rumors that Daniels didn't want to play in NE.

2 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

I think it's interesting/significant that we haven't heard a peep from Daniels' PR firm, EAG Sports Management, which was lightning quick to refute prior rumors that Daniels didn't want to play in NE.

Or from media members, team officials. At least have not heard anything up until now. Need some more info on this, please

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Urgent Radio alert:

John Keim to be on 106.7 with JP after ongoing commercial. Expected tontalk about yesterdays happenings and tweet storm from agent.

Keim-- any tweet like that won't change their decision is his take

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

The fact the group invite set up has generated so much buzz is all the confirmation you need to know it’s a good off the wall type approach. 

If it has unsettled some people, great. That’s part of the point, especially for the prospects. Those mentally strong and confident in their own ability would eat that kind of scenario up. 

Yep, get these guys in a room together and you find out who the alpha is quickly.

12 hours ago, Hooper said:

I guess we're gonna draft the guy from a comfortable family who turned down NIL money because he was afraid he would struggle in the SEC.

And then didn't put in the work and actually regressed in the ACC.

This is what you guys would sound like if you were in love with Daniels.

Or we could take the guy that required five years to do what Maye did in his first. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1