Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

13 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

This is all setting up for Rattler at 2. Ssssssssssssuuuuperrrrrr.

im glad this is playing out like it is. I haven’t wanted any part of Jayden. 

Rattler has a non zero chance of not being a bust. Jayden does not. 

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Every drafted player is involuntarily chosen by the team that drafts them.

You don't need their permission to choose them.

Are you suggesting we should institute a draft system where players are allowed to override the team that chooses them?

Who would ever agree to be be drafted by a losing team or a team in a city you didn't want to live in because of the weather, or the economics or any of a thousand other reasons.

The draft itself couldn't exist without teams ability to freely acquire any player eligible regardless of that players wishes.

Come on you know all of this better than I do. We don't have to argue just for the sake of arguing-- at least I don't.

Jayden is not the pick bro. It’s over.

IMG_1855.jpeg.d53f04798d46604c2fb42d91c8922dde.jpeg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mac8887 said:

My best guess is that JJs charisma and abundance of football knowledge bestowed upon him by Harbaugh really wowed everyone there, and that’s what has Jayden’s agent doing this.

Tough for anyone to look good in comparison when JJ walks in like

IMG_3315.jpeg

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I did well on all the quant questions but then they asked me what I would do if I didn't get the internship, and instead of saying something about being passionate about finance and doing something related, I said go work in Hollywood or sports... needless to say I didn't get the gig lol. Funny experience though.  

I've been on more "group" style interviews than I can count. It's fairly common in my line of work, especially with bigger companies that have high turnover. It's just an efficient way to weed people out. Once you understand the process behind it, it's simple to advance to the next phase of the process.

Step 1: say nothing unless spoken to

Step 2: confidence is a differentiator

Step 3: be respectful and professional to EVERYONE, including the front desk, parking attendant, even the elevator guy. *One time a company used the elevator cameras to disqualify people*

Step 4: be yourself, everyone else is taken

Basically the entire process is designed to let people to eliminate themselves prior to 1-on-1 interviews. Culls the herd.

Apparently Jayden didn't understand the assignment lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, illone said:

Basically the entire process is designed to let people to eliminate themselves prior to 1-on-1 interviews. Culls the herd.

Apparently Jayden didn't understand the assignment lol.

image.png.dee1e81de6223391df0f039f12a18770.png

You want to learn the first rule? You'd know if you spent a day in your life. Don't ever open your mouth 'till you know what the shot is.

• Haha 1

The Daniels hate on this thread is toxic and nutso. 

Especially when you consider how highly regarded he is by everyone who has actually spent time with him.

This is a smart young man who according to objective scouts and coaches processes better than anyone in the draft and puts in the time like no other prospect.

The furthest thing from a diva.

I like Maye as a prospect and will be thrilled if we take him, but his little fan club on this thread... yikes. Ready to move on from Peters if he doesn't draft the guy you want?  

Unbelievable.

I've waited 25 years for the grown-ups to be in charge. I'm gonna give them a fair shot.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

You want to learn the first rule? You'd know if you spent a day in your life. Don't ever open your mouth 'till you know what the shot is.

All time classic.

8bZs.gif

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I guess if we draft Daniels you all are just gonna move on and follow Maye wherever he goes. Cool.

The lockbox on information from our front office is amazing. 

And driving everybody insane.

Edited by Hooper
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

I just saw this and… quite frankly… it makes me want Daniels less.

And this is exactly why you have all of those guys visit at the same time. To see if anyone is dumb enough to do something stupid or if their reps will do or say something stupid.

So you're saying they sniffed out the Rufus of the group.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Especially when you consider how highly regarded he is by everyone who has actually spent time with him.

This is a smart young man who according to objective scouts and coaches processes better than anyone in the draft and puts in the time like no other prospect.

I like Maye as a prospect and will be thrilled if we take him, but his little fan club on this thread... yikes. Ready to move on from Peters if he doesn't draft the guy you want?  

Unbelievable.

I've waited 25 years for the grown-ups to be in charge. I'm gonna give them a fair shot.

I wouldn't call it hate, but it most definitely is not a good look from him. It may have been his agent acting on his own and there is no way for us to know, but it comes across as very childish.

4 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Unbelievable.

And Maye is considered just as smart, highly regarded, high level processor, non-diva, and dedicated. He's also younger and has better physical tools besides straight line speed. Oh, and he also doesn't have a helicopter mom or an agent that publicly goes on Twitter and basically trash talks the team with the #2 overall pick who could potentially draft his client. 

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Hooper said:

I guess if we draft Daniels you all are just gonna move on and follow Maye wherever he goes. Cool.

Man, you almost hope so in the moment, Yeesh.

Whoever we draft will find a wave of new support tho. I will never doubt this places overall ability to put on the burgundy tinted glasses, so I'm not exactly worried in the longer term.

Just now, Commander20180 said:

I wouldn't call it hate, but it most definitely is not a good look from him. It may have been his agent acting on his own and there is no way for us to know, but it comes across as very childish.

I don't give a crap what his agent likes on twitter. 

And maybe Daniels does want to go to Vegas. I don't care about that either. You think players don't have preferences for all sorts of reasons? Doesn't mean they get what they want or aren't happy when they go elsewhere. I'm sure if Daniels is the pick, he will embrace it. Again, everybody who actually has spent time with him raves about him as a person and about his work ethic. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Unbelievable.

We're at a problem where there is no questionable character in our pool of eligible QB's. No Baker Mayfield's. Caleb is going #1 overall. And definitely no extremes like Ryan Leaf or Johnny Manziel.

Everyone supposedly isn't an ass and works hard.

We've also never been in this situation before as a fan base. RG3 knew he was being taken by us, and we knew it too. Haskins, Campbell, Ramsey, etc were all mid-late 1sts. None of that drama could have formed.

It makes sense we're jumping to conclusions when finally any drama appears. We're anxious and agitated and that now has an outlet. That said, no matter how much we may want to handwave it away...it is odd, and the timing of it is a little too convenient to not have all of us anxious fans not jump to those conclusions.

I wouldn't say it's a fan club lashing out, but rather the first tidbit of anything we've had that's not drivel from media personalities.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Hooper said:

I don't give a crap what his agent likes on twitter. 

And maybe Daniels does want to go to Vegas. I don't care about that either. You think players don't have preferences for all sorts of reasons? Doesn't mean they get what they want or aren't happy when they go elsewhere. I'm sure if Daniels is the pick, he will embrace it. Again, everybody who actually has spent time with him raves about him as a person and about his work ethic. 

His agent didn't simply like a tweet. He retweeted it while indicating he agrees with it. The bridge is burned permanently. Zero chance he is in play now. Give up whatever JD fantasy you had because it’s over. He’s not the pick here. It’s done.  Fin.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Unbelievable.

image.png.eb59a27810b645a7ba280205f7a60274.png

• Haha 1