Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, Going Commando said:

Speaking of which, did anyone else notice that Jayden's mom was in the blue tent with him when he got hurt in the Alabama game?  That's not normal right?  This dude's relationship with his mom is weird.

Is that true? Jebus.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I’m saying it because he never led his team to a win. 

We'll just ignore the Bama game where he was down two scores 😎

7 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Exactly how much NIL money did Jayden’s mom offer Drake Maye?

Drake: Dad, I just got this letter from BWC, Inc. Enterprises? But for the million I have to sign and pick up the check at the Motel 6. That's odd."

We got a front office that apparently...

Would rather have a Qb that can win more games this season and don't give a rats behind if another QB in the same draft is elite and better by a mile because they don't have the patience to just wait a year.

What makes it even more stupid is we got a new owner, coach and GM who dont have to win in year 1, yet they rush themselves into making a stupid decision anyway that will blow up on them with near 100% certainty as soon as 2025

We got a QB who is Josh Allen almost guaranteed versus a dude who can barely play QB, yet they will consider the dude who can't play

We got a FO that fundamentally don't understand very basic fundametals about QB play, including that dual QBs don't win and they don't understand Daniels injury risk.

I gather the Peters honeymoon is over if this happens.  Considering the premise of these points put these guys in beyond clown territory -- might be worse than Dan and Bruce.  

My point is if you guys see this as clear as the sky is blue, then either you think Peters is a moron or why sweat this -- there is zero chance they will take Daniels if its this cut and dry

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, illone said:

Mark Schlereth clip:

"I want a guy who can do the boring well. How often do you see the 60 yard dimes?"

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I didn’t think it could get any worse. Wow. I have been too easy on him. 

Where is ThatNFLChick, BayouBrave, etc?

This y'all King?

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Yeah, that is troubling. 

Maybe she was still breastfeeding him? A lot of this new generation go longer than before before they are weaned off. The blue tent kinda looks like one of those rooms in airport for that purpose. Who knows.

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Haha 6

42 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Milton has far greater upside than Daniels at the NFL level.

Your opinion is starting to float into Jeff bezos territory. 

I give you credit for having strong belief in your convictions but thinking Milton has more upside than daniels is ludicrous. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I give you credit for having strong belief in your convictions but thinking Milton has more upside than daniels is ludicrous. 

it’s a trap, ruuuun! 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

You have to factor in the cost to acquire the player. Milton in the 6th round will have a far greater return on investment in my opinion than Jayden at pick 2. 

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Maybe she was still breastfeeding him? A lot of this new generation go longer than before before they are weaned off. The blue tent kinda looks like one of those rooms in airport for that purpose. Who knows.

It's got anti-concussive properties. It's like Tussin but from bewbs.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Maybe she was still breastfeeding him? A lot of this new generation go longer than before before they are weaned off. The blue tent kinda looks like one of those rooms in airport for that purpose. Who know. 

Hey now at nearly 24, Daniels is basically a boomer.  Nix and penix too.

Don't lump him in with the spry millenials

• Haha 3

Just now, DogofWar1 said:

Hey now at nearly 24, Daniels is basically a boomer.  Nix and penix too.

Don't lump him in with the spry millenials

Z...Z dude. 

Millenials. Talk about Boomers, calling everything Millenials.

No one is as cool as X though. It's in the name. X...Xtreme.

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

You have to factor in the cost to acquire the player. Milton in the 6th round will have a far greater return on investment in my opinion than Jayden at pick 2. 

That's a far cry from more upside but a more valid opinion.

I just see Daniels the way so many see him, a very exciting prospect in the interim but most likely to be a flash in the pan than a 15 year starter.

I want what I've never had and not the next rg3 while I cross my fingers and hope he makes it the full 5 or 6 years and not one year like rg3 did.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Yep. 

I mean come on, how many RGIII parallels can there possibly be?

I think they are very different personalities. RG3 was stubborn and not willing to make adjustments. Jayden Daniels has proven to be the exact opposite. He was injury prone at Arizona. When he went to LSU he took feedback. He learned to protect himself and not take unnecessary risks. He changed his conditioning routine; he changed his diet to add more muscle for durability. 

And most of all, even if he does run, and you do need a dual-threat QB in this league, just watching him his first and second instinct is NOT to run. How he has evolved as a player is really overlooked a lot IMO. Unlike an RG3 and more like Kirk Cousin's he has evolved as a player. 

And he has a solid long ball. No, it is not the best, but it is decent.  I think with this type of personality, and dedication to his craft he will evolve and continue to get better.  

I am okay with either Daniels or Maye.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Not speaking for anyone else, and maybe not what he means, but some posts like this put me in the mind to remark that the way some of us view "upside" is radically different from how others do. Like Milton is big, fast and has an absolute cannon for an arm. So if you view "upside" as "how good he can be if he ever learns to play QB" then you can make  a case that his is the highest. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

I saw where the QB coach actually lamented at one point their decision to use the VR at 1.5X speed with Daniels, because it resulted in him going through progressions too quickly.

Edit: I really really wish we could find stuff like this on Maye, I like the backstories on these guys, makes it all more interesting. For example, we know Maye has worked for some time with big name QBs like Rivers and Manning (and, well, Daniel Jones), but there's just not much info out there about related improvements or even what specific things they worked on.

North Carolina doesn't have the budget in their football program for full on VR setups for QBs but I did hear that they did run Drake Maye through an alternate program and he did better than Sam Howell did a few years ago...

Here's a  short clip of the action...

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952wkwkkr4oimikm40wyt

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

I think they are very different personalities. RG3 was stubborn and not willing to make adjustments. Jayden Daniels has proven to be the exact opposite. He was injury prone at Arizona. When he went to LSU he took feedback. He learned to protect himself and not take unnecessary risks. He changed his conditioning routine; he changed his diet to add more muscle for durability. 

And most of all, even if he does run, and you do need a dual-threat QB in this league, just watching him his first and second instinct is NOT to run. How he has evolved as a player is really overlooked a lot IMO. Unlike an RG3 and more like Kirk Cousin's he has evolved as a player. 

And he has a solid long ball. No, it is not the best, but it is decent.  I think with this type of personality, and dedication to his craft he will evolve and continue to get better.  

I am okay with either Daniels or Maye.  

I'm not making the case that he is RG3 (though as I've said the similarity that concerns me is the way they take hits). But there was a ton of glowing stuff about Griffin before that draft. It's one reason I got on board after not liking him much for most of the process, that he was supposedly this super humble and great person. 

Griffin had a great deep ball at Baylor, btw. I'd have rated him well better than Daniels at that one skill. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Not speaking for anyone else, and maybe not what he means, but some posts like this put me in the mind to remark that the way some of us view "upside" is radically different from how others do. Like Milton is big, fast and has an absolute cannon for an arm. So if you view "upside" as "how good he can be if he ever learns to play QB" then you can make  a case that his is the highest. 

Yes we frequently do fight battles with semantics and it can be very difficult to get a good read on what thoughts are trying to be conveyed.

You certainly could make an argument about upside based solely on athletic traits but it's how you end up with the tony mandorich's and trey lances of the world and those guys were taken high, Milton will be late day 3.

• Thumb up 1