Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Matty Saracen is literally Taylor Heinicke lolol

That's what I'm saying as well. I don't think its some super amazing reporter with lots of deep sources, but the timing of their tweets is very interesting. To tweet it literally an hour or so before anyone else means they must have some kind of UNC insider connection. They could have tweeted it yesterday or the day before if they were just making educated guesses, but this level of timing means they gotta be in some kind of know, but only for very specific UNC-related info.

Saracen - Heineke

Street - Cousins

Voodoo Tatum - RG3?

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

The description of the burger says pickles.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cw8Yaj0LIiU/?ref=badgen&hl=ja

I think they're half sour pickles. They tend to look much more fresh and cucumber-ish than regular full sours or dills.

Quick-Pickles.jpg

OK, we can go ahead and draft him (or Jayden) now.

Cucumbers on a bacon cheeseburger would have been an automatic disqualifier for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

OK, we can go ahead and draft him (or Jayden) now.

Cucumbers on a bacon cheeseburger would have been an automatic disqualifier for me.

Only acceptable use of fresh cucumber would be on a burger with a lamb patty and some sort of Greek or Mediterranean yogurt sauce. Otherwise disqualified. 

• Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Only acceptable use of fresh cucumber would be on a burger with a lamb patty and some sort of Greek or Mediterranean yogurt sauce. Otherwise disqualified. 

Yess!!

There's this authentic Greek Pita joint I frequent on occasion and they have this homemade yogurt sauce that is fantastic on their grlled lamb pitas stuffed with feta, lettuce, tomato, onions, kalamati olives, and cucumber!

Definite exception to the rule.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Well, here you guys go. You be the judge:

This is a GREAT article! Thanks for posting it.

I've been sliding back and forth the last few weeks between Daniels and Maye, but this article might be just enough to see-saw me one more time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The "story" tomorrow about Maye should be interesting.  If I was just winging a story on this myself piecing together different narratives for months. I'd write something that would tie together these narratives -- some I heard, some am just making up but sounds good and fits.

A.  Maye's struggles were much about coaching-play calling.

B.  The coach, Chip Lindsey altered Drak's mechanics and hence some of his issues.

C.  Maye felt he had to carry the team.  But he's such a good teammate that he would never said that publicly

D.  There was some tension in the locker room for all of the above

E.  NFL teams see this and believe that Maye saved this coaching staff's job

F.  NFL teams are much higher on Maye than mock drafters.  Privately we hear from sources that Maye killed it in the combine interviews.  He was the most thorough and engaging of the QBs.

G.  Expect Maye to go 2nd or at worst 3rd.  Different people in the building have different takes but we hear Peters prefer Maye

H. Washington traded Howell in part because of the friendship between Maye and Howell.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

That's...probably going to be at least 90% spot on lolol.

I think the nil stuff is just what we already know about how there was one nil Maye wouldn't take unless they paid his OL too.

I read the article

Did either of you call bank or did you just walk away and not look at the cool explosion.

ee213782bcdf1a89e374ce4d95239e7e.gif.da1b2eabea768f8ad462ca796ff9cf2c.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Consigliere said:

For me, not that it's your job or anything, but you've got to talk me down from the warning signs I hear screaming over Daniels profile.

lol, I'll wait to see if they take him.

While unlike some i am not discounting the reports that they lean Daniels.  

I also get the vibe it can go either way.  Earlier in the process it felt 60% shot Maye.  Not it feels 50-50 to me.  I think Maye has a good shot to be the pick still.

Some here have given a hard time to Keim for guessing if he had to guess it will be Daniels.  But that's all he was doing and he explained his rationale.  He also said he doesn't know what they are going to do.  The only point Keim has made that's strong is he doesn't think it will be McCarthy. 

Long story short, I think Maye still has a good shot at this it just doesn't feel slam dunk as some here feel it should be

14 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I read the article

Did either of you call bank or did you just walk away and not look at the cool explosion.

I just read it. 

I definitiely guessed the theme and most of the macro points in advance.  Only info there that wasn't regurgitation was some thoughts on specific sums of money he passed up on.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Drake Maye could end up like Trubisky and Howell too and Peters' career is over. Such is life.

His career wouldn't be over, and to be fair, if I were an owner, I'm not blaming a GM for trusting his process when it appears sound and missing, that is the way of QB's in this league, what I would blame him for, or her for, would be ignoring a ---- ton of warning signs, going against the grain, and being wrong, that can and should get guys canned. Whether its trading down for a JJ or Penix, or in this case, for me, taking Daniels. Or say the Bears taking Daniels or Maye over Williams etc.

When you miss while being an idiot, like Mayock's Raiders, that's on you, and you should get ---- canned, when you miss while doing what other smart GM's would've done? That's understandable and the reality of a business where a strong majority of prospects fail to hit/move the needle on day 1/day 2 of the draft. 

The only fear I have with my approach here, is that it could engender a fear of going against the grain, against draft aggregators etc, and getting a Tommy Shepard draft board, where you literally are rumored to have simply habitually taken the highest guy available on aggregator charts and therefore got a bunch of floor crap for a team that sucks in general. But that's where you go over process and best practices, you hire the best NFL version of area scouts and the best cutting edge analytics people so you can map out how to do this things, so when you take big swings on upside that are against the grain, they at least make some sense as a wild bet, rather than just the Raiders being idiots and taking Henry Ruggs (vehicular homicide or not) over obvious WR1 Lamb, or Cleleand Ferrell (the guy we just signed, spelling?) like 20 picks before he was expected to go. I can go w/people willing to risk going out on a limb as long as its based on something rationale, and I'd like to think the FO is on top of this. Seems like it, and its not fair for me to say it, with my limited information, but if they do go Daniels, they sure as hell better hit/better have much better reasons for doing it, and for avoiding Maye in the data than I've seen posted in articles and elsewhere because I haven't seen any good arguments that were convincing to me yet (and I'd also understand why people might think I'm just plugging my ears saying "nananana"). 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Some here have given a hard time to Keim for guessing if he had to guess it will be Daniels.  But that's all he was doing and he explained his rationale.  He also said he doesn't know what they are going to do.  The only point Keim has made that's strong is he doesn't think it will be McCarthy. 

Long story short, I think Maye still has a good shot at this it just doesn't feel slam dunk as some here feel it should be

I dont think anyone is giving JK a hard time. Keim is playing it the right way as he is not in the prediction business, that guy is a journalist. His job is to report the news, not BE part of the news. I respect his old school mentality because most "journalism" today is very different than when he started out years ago before the internet. Everything now is a race for clicks and Keim doesnt seem like the type of guy that would risk his reputation on that.

Even his pod feels like it fell out of the 80's. 

Guys like Shefter, Orlovsky, etc CAN and WILL do that because they are playing a much different game. I suspect if Keim was approached with Agent Kickbacks he would say no. 

Short story long, none of this is a slam dunk. None of these prospects is a "slam dunk" pick because the real work starts AFTER the pick is made, not before. The amount of time and effort that will be put into the player far exceeds what was invested to get to this point.

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Those were definitely pickle slices not fresh cucumber .

Good looking basic bacon cheeseburger and I like that he sandwiched the bacon between 2 slices of cheese, but I would have  doubled the bacon and added grilled onions, grilled shrooms, lettuce, tomato, Hellman's mayo and Heinz ketchup, plus a side of crispy onion rings to mine.

My hamburger combines elements of the England's BBQ burger from 20 years ago in San Leandro, with a spicy bacon burger I had in the Southwest back in 2001.

Tomato, sauteed red onions, jalapenos, tomato, cheese, and avocado (I slide my tomato on the bottom) and bacon w/BBQ sauce. Definitely add elements and experiment, but the go too remains:

Hawaiin Roll bottom, tomato slice, Elkburger or Hamburger, or Buffalo, cheese, sauce, jalapeno, sauteed red onion, bacon, avocado, top of Hawaiian Bread Roll. 

Can give you TMJ, so slicing isn't a bad idea. 

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

Tzatziki time!!!, but honestly, just get a gyro at that point, cut out the middle man and get the real thing. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

That Drake Maye article was less well written than SIP’s post about what is was going to be saying.

But at least it appears Maye's agents are actually trying now, even if it's obvious they're using this board as their 'source' for virtually everything in that ghost-written puff piece. 😋

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

For those who have the time (it's about 30 mins.) this turned out to be pretty interesting.

Keim with Gruden on the great qb draft debate...

Cc

Nice interview. Sounds like Gruden would pick Maye, at least in terms of the long-run. 

He was diplomatic. I thought they did a good job.

• Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, illone said:

I dont think anyone is giving JK a hard time. Keim is playing it the right way as he is not in the prediction business, that guy is a journalist. His job is to report the news, not BE part of the news. I respect his old school mentality because most "journalism" today is very different than when he started out years ago before the internet. Everything now is a race for clicks and Keim doesnt seem like the type of guy that would risk his reputation on that.

Even his pod feels like it fell out of the 80's. 

Guys like Shefter, Orlovsky, etc CAN and WILL do that because they are playing a much different game. I suspect if Keim was approached with Agent Kickbacks he would say no. 

Short story long, none of this is a slam dunk. None of these prospects is a "slam dunk" pick because the real work starts AFTER the pick is made, not before. The amount of time and effort that will be put into the player far exceeds what was invested to get to this point.

Had posts about how Keim is off with his first round projections in response to my post on this another about how naive Keim is and is being played and doesn't know it, another that he's a tool.  I guess to me it feels like giving him a hard time.  But that's subjective on my end as for it feeling like they are giving him a hard time, so if it doesn't feel that way to you, its OK of course.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Had posts about how Keim is off with his first round projections in response to my post on this another about how naive Keim is and is being played and doesn't know it, another that he's a tool.  I guess to me it feels like giving him a hard time.  But that's subjective on my end as for it feeling like they are giving him a hard time, so if it doesn't feel that way to you, its OK of course.

I missed those posts 😂

Anyone that thinks Keim is a tool is not paying attention. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

But at least it appears Maye's agents are actually trying now, even if it's obvious they're using this board as their 'source' for virtually everything in that ghost-written puff piece. 😋

I could have written most of it myself.  :ols:   I am familar as many here are with the context of most of the Maye related items.  But agree his PR team needed to kick in.  tough for me to imagine that that fan is the main conveyor of this.  But who knows maybe its part of a converted effort.

My only issue with that article is it sets up Maye's detractors for an easy response.  Their beef with Maye isn't so much declining stats but his mechanics.  i am not a Maye critic myself so am OK with the idea of making Maye's critics come off dense.  But if I were one of Maye's critics and I cared about what that dude has to say, I'd have an easy time responding to it because some of that was strawman material.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

That Drake Maye article was less well written than SIP’s post about what is was going to be saying.

lol, thanks.  If I would have done that puff piece, I'd have kept the stats-critics part out of it.  Came off weak and defensive to me that part.  Keep it squarely on the loyalty-good guy intangibles theme. 

Go on the offense and play with his strengths.  

Why delve into the stats and the critics which the way it was framed came off strawmanish to me.  And Maye doesn't need strawman arguments to sell himself.   

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

His career wouldn't be over, and to be fair, if I were an owner, I'm not blaming a GM for trusting his process when it appears sound and missing, that is the way of QB's in this league, what I would blame him for, or her for, would be ignoring a ---- ton of warning signs, going against the grain, and being wrong, that can and should get guys canned. Whether its trading down for a JJ or Penix, or in this case, for me, taking Daniels. Or say the Bears taking Daniels or Maye over Williams etc.

I hope this is how Harris is approaching it. 

I want to see Peters get multiple bites at the QB apple. Hopefully he nails this first one, but I wouldn’t fire him if he doesn’t. 

also, not sure if you caught it, but Mayock was on a podcast with Middlekauf recently that was worth watching... Lmk if you’re interested and I’ll link it over. 

47 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

Tzatziki time!!!, but honestly, just get a gyro at that point, cut out the middle man and get the real thing. 

A lamb slider done right is far tastier than a gyro in my opinion. Gyro meat is average at best. Ground leg of lamb you can order medium rare or medium with red onion, tzatziki, cucumber and maybe a couple of pickled turnips is a championship snack to watch a football game with. 

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

Yeah it read like a college undergrad writing a term paper. Just way too robotic even if it had some interesting tidbits. 

It ultimately doesn't really change anything regarding how anyone will view him one way or another.