Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

28 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its Allen's fault Diggs couldn't catch and their K missed a chip shot to tie it or the defense couldn't stop Mahomes? (and couldn't stop him with literally 13 seconds left)

Your logic is awful. If Allen isn't elite then there is literally only one elite QB in the league in Mahomes.

And mahomes this past year had an elite defense backing him up, with reid every step of the way, one of the best coaches ever at this point. Not that i’m disparaging mahomes at all, he is the equivalent of going up against MJ during the 90s bulls dynasty. Nearly impossible to overcome. But just like michael, mahomes didnt do it alone. Allen is absolutely elite but can’t win a SB all by himself, no one can

19 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

If Allen isn't elite then there is literally only one elite QB in the league in Mahomes.

Elite:

Mahomes 1A

Burrow 1B

Stafford 1C

Gap

Then we can fist fight how to rank the rest but if I had to create a 2nd tier below the above “elite” guys, Stroud, Allen, Purdy, Ljax, and some others would slide in here, I think. 

Herbert and Lawrence would be in tier 3 w Cousins, Goff and Tua. 

That’s how I view it right now anyways.

Not sure what to do with Arod cuz he was elite for so long… being out kinda removes him from my list, but if I had to slot him based on green bay, I’d put him 1C above Stafford. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

I sure hope whatever QB they draft stays healthy, because Mariota has historically been pretty rough to watch, even with a dominant run game to prop him up. I think trading Howell for a bit of draft capital will look silly in hindsight if that comes to pass.

It's the most Redskins thing that could happen, so......that's kinda what I expect.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

Josh Allen has played in 10 playoff games (that alone suggests he is doing something right). In those games he has thrown for 2,700 yards and change, 21 TDs and 4 INTS. He also has over 500 yards rushing and 5 rushing TDs in those games.

That's what Allen has done in the playoffs and it looks pretty good to me. I'd say he is elite. Josh Allen is not what is stopping Buffalo winning a Super Bowl, he is a big part of what is giving them a chance each year.

x10,000

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

To add to these well-framed points, the regime’s emphasis on contending for the long-term makes me consider the following question:

Which prospect is, all things considered, likely to be the better quarterback in 2035?

To me, that screams Maye. But who knows. That’s just one piece of the puzzle.

I think so.  But clearly we are all making guesses on that as they are. 

Maybe they see Daniels as the higher floor and high enough ceiling.  Or maybe they see Maye exactly like some of us on this thread do.

I do think all the interviews and having a short window into their processing by diagramming plays etc among other things gives them more info about these guys than we have.

And look none of this is me being pessimistic about them not taking Maye.  For all we know they might love the guy.  Just saying there are variables we don't know.

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Who we picking today then?

Caleb. Definitely Caleb. Trading up, down and all around for DC Williams. You can go back to sleep now, it's fine it's all fine everything's fine.

• Haha 2

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I think so.  But clearly we are all making guesses on that as they are. 

Maybe they see Daniels as the higher floor and high enough ceiling.  Or maybe they see Maye exactly like some of us on this thread do.

I do think all the interviews and having a short window into their processing by diagramming plays etc among other things gives them more info about these guys than we have.

And look none of this is me being pessimistic about them not taking Maye.  For all we know they might love the guy.  Just saying there are variables we don't know.

Yeah IMO the Top 30 visits will be huge to pick these guys' brains. I also wonder if they do more extensive medical testing than simple height/weight measurements... like DEXA scans to see bone density and body fat % as well as giving the sports science and team doctors the chance to assess these guys.

When Peters says they're not close to a decision, I believe him in significant part because of the above which can only be done properly on a team visit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dah-Dee said:

Caleb. Definitely Caleb. Trading up, down and all around for DC Williams. You can go back to sleep now, it's fine it's all fine everything's fine.

Wow that’s great news. Thanks.

• Haha 1

I personally think the only reason you don't bring Maye or Daniels in for a top 30 visit is because you are sure about them and you know what you need to know already. Feel like calling Daniels in is to see if you find out anything that would make you reconsider, but absent of some surprise they already know they love Maye and are taking him. Nothing else makes sense to me. 

If you are bring in Daniels because you have interest; why wouldn't you bring in Maye? How could you have no interest in Maye? 

If you are bringing Daniels in because you are already sure about him; why waste the time? Plenty of other **** to do. 

Maybe im stupid (strong possible) but to me this seems like Maye all the way to me. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

JD defintely having a good week as for mocks.  All morning seems like the 980 guys are talking up Daniels as a possibility here.

Does that mean it happens?  Of course not.  But tough for me pretend there is no shot it ends up Daniels. 

Oh no Simms now on Standig. 😎  I'll listen for laughs.  By the time draft day comes on wouldn't shock me if Simms try to make the case that he should be an UDFA -- or should head straight to the Canadian league??=

Stay strong in the storm.

THREE WEEKS OUT FROM THE 2021 DRAFT THE 49ers were the consensus, smart money pick to draft Mac Jones. 

If you surveyed mock drafts back then all you'd see:

Pick 3. 49ers Mac Jones

Pick 3. 49ers Mac Jones

Pick 3. 49ers Mac Jones

Pick 3. 49ers Mac Jones

Pick 3. 49ers Mac Jones

Pick 3. 49ers Mac Jones

The one similarity between the 2021 Niners and us: Adam "Lockjaw" Peters is making the call.

Anything can happen and the prognosticators won't have a clue what we're going to do until we make the pick.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m the most static I’ve been on my opinion for what QB I want since the end of our season. Some caveats: all four main ones can be successful. All four have reasons for concerns. But all four are pretty great prospects and I won’t be mad at any of them.

Also caveat: Williams is gone at 1.

1. Drake Maye at 2

2. JJ McCarthy at 4

3. Jayden Daniels at 2

No other option is worth thinking about and my #2 won’t happen either.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I personally think the only reason you don't bring Maye or Daniels in for a top 30 visit is because you are sure about them and you know what you need to know already. Feel like calling Daniels in is to see if you find out anything that would make you reconsider, but absent of some surprise they already know they love Maye and are taking him. Nothing else makes sense to me. 

If you are bring in Daniels because you have interest; why wouldn't you bring in Maye? How could you have no interest in Maye? 

If you are bringing Daniels in because you are already sure about him; why waste the time? Plenty of other **** to do. 

Maybe im stupid (strong possible) but to me this seems like Maye all the way to me. 

I wouldn't jump to the bolded conclusion but I think they really want to diligence Daniels' medicals beyond what JD did at the Pro Day. Only way to do that is in-house. The results could go either way, of course.

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I wouldn't jump to the bolded conclusion but I think they really want to diligence Daniels' medicals beyond what JD did at the Pro Day. Only way to do that is in-house. The results could go either way, of course.

Well yea thats a possibility that makes sense. Maybe trying to figure out what the **** is going on with his elbow lolol 

I would be putting my money on Maye right now though. 

And if so the thread title has to be **Gay for Maye. 

**lighthearted and carefree.
"Nan had a gay disposition and a very pretty face"
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, illone said:

Elite:

Mahomes 1A

Burrow 1B

Stafford 1C

Gap

Then we can fist fight how to rank the rest but if I had to create a 2nd tier below the above “elite” guys, Stroud, Allen, Purdy, Ljax, and some others would slide in here, I think. 

Herbert and Lawrence would be in tier 3 w Cousins, Goff and Tua. 

That’s how I view it right now anyways.

Not sure what to do with Arod cuz he was elite for so long… being out kinda removes him from my list, but if I had to slot him based on green bay, I’d put him 1C above Stafford. 

What does burrow have over allen besides an inability to stay healthy?

5 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Well yea thats a possibility that makes sense. Maybe trying to figure out what the **** is going on with his elbow lolol 

I know the elbow is a non-issue, but still, every time I see something about it, I think of that silly "My elbow is perfectly fine!" tweet from Daniels, which makes me think of:

black knight | Monty python, Giphy, Cool gifs

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I'm not smart enough to know if this David Oh guy  is dishing out sharp sounding, but ultimately vapid fluffery or damn good insight.

Help out this bewildered old man  scratching his head with his mouth wide open trying to make sense of this indecipherable gobblydygook...

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

2 hours ago, illone said:

I've got it:

59% Maye

40.5% Daniels

.5% JJ Island

Based on thorough scientific analysis 🤓

*ES only, media excluded 😂

Twitter/X is strongly in favor of Daniels from what I've seen, I'm staying far far away from there if Maye is the pick! The Commanders and NFL Draft sub-Reddits are skewed more toward Maye, especially the NFL Draft subreddit. YouTube comments show a strong lean toward Daniels.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Based on what I've heard from Peters and Quinn, tough call for me based on that alone.

As for why i like Maye and like him better

G.  Good make up

I thought it was Caleb that wears make-up? Not that I'm judging.  You're the one posting about it okay. 

Edited by HoggLife
  • Haha 1

Today must be, "Let's overhype Jayden Daniels Day".

I was doing a drive by through Twitter and I've never seen so many pro-Daniels tweets.

Is Adam Schefter that much of an influencer?

Anyways, check out thus tweet which gets my award for Most Hyperbolicly Absurd Pro Daniels Quote...

Daniels is a lot of things but he aint close to Mahomes in style or ability. If there's  a potential Mahomes clone in this draft (and there isn't) Caleb Willians would be closer than Daniels.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1