Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, Idaho fan said:

Fair to say New England really likes the top 3 QBs in the draft?  They know they will get one (if not JJ).   I suppose it’s not like Mac was someone they wanted to build around anyway so maybe reading into it too much but feeling like they and others think the top 3 are no brainer picks.  None of the top 3 teams appear interested in a trade down either.   

I think there’s still a possibility New England goes the vet route. They were clearly done with Jones though

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 3

5 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Fair to say New England really likes the top 3 QBs in the draft?  They know they will get one (if not JJ).   I suppose it’s not like Mac was someone they wanted to build around anyway so maybe reading into it too much but feeling like they and others think the top 3 are no brainer picks.  None of the top 3 teams appear interested in a trade down either.   

They could trade for Fields or sign a vet. Most likely, they are picking a QB, but they need a Wr really bad so I would thing vet Qb is in the mix.

Edited by Redskins 2021

6 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

I don’t think trading Jones has anything to do with their future.  He had to go.  Shrug.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I think there’s still a possibility New England goes the vet route. They were clearly done with Jones though

They can’t pass on qb.  It would be malpractice to do so.  

1 minute ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Him and Fields must be at the top NE list of vets QB.

Unless NE is dead set on either Maye or Daniels and doesn't like the other, I don't see why they would be so dumb as to pass up a chance at a true franchise QB at 3. Fields isn't a good QB and Brissett is a career backup. Why settle for one of those piss poor options?

• Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Unless NE is dead set on either Maye or Daniels and doesn't like the other, I don't see why they would be so dumb as to pass up a chance at a true franchise QB at 3. Fields isn't a good QB and Brissett is a career backup. Why settle for one of those piss poor options?

They most likely will pick a Qb. They would need to bring in a vet that where Brissett comes in.

Maybe Qb sits for a year and Brissett

start?

I can't figure out where J Fields is going?

NE, Lv, Minn, Pitt, Tb? Where ever it is I don't think his trade value is that high.

Edited by Redskins 2021

3 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

They most likely will pick a Qb. They would not need to bring in a vet that where Brissett comes in. Maybe Qb sits fora year?

I can't figure out where J Fields is going?

NE, Lv, Minn, Pitt, Tb.

With Mac Jones getting a 6th round pick (oof) I think the Bears will have to settle for whoever will give anything over a 5th for Fields.

I know im in the minority , but im saying we stick with howell, look at his numbers the 1st 10 games , and he was getting killed..build the line around him and see what he can do..trade back and get extra picks .. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb down 5

4 minutes ago, smooth said:

I know im in the minority , but im saying we stick with howell, look at his numbers the 1st 10 games , and he was getting killed..build the line around him and see what he can do..trade back and get extra picks .. 

No.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, smooth said:

Beware the 10-game sample size. 

4 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

New England may not like  either Maye or Daniels and is willing to trade down and get a qb later. Maybe JJ, Nix or Pennix. Have Brissett start for the year.

I suppose it's possible, but I think it's unlikely. They'd have to really be down on whichever guy falls to them to trade back IMO. Even if they have a really high grade on McCarthy, there's no guarantee that he'll be there if they trade back, so that would be a risky move too.

16 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

I am fine with whoever they pick. Odds say all of these guys are gonna bust anyways. ONE will make it. The rest wont. I just hope they pick the one.

NeoTheMatrix.jpg

If I were to guess the misses (the only aspect of QB projections I'm reliably good at), I'd go with Nix as a flat out bust, and Daniels and Penix as injury prone but productive when healthy, and JJ as just a "blah" always trying to replace QB like Tannehill, with Williams and Maye hitting. But I do think, if all 5 didn't have health issues, Id expect Caleb and Drake to hit, Daniels to at least partially hit (like Fields+ at worst), and 1 of JJ/Penxi/Nix hitting, I'd go with Penix. 

I think the hit rate w/these guys in terms of performance is going to be a lot higher than past drafts with a bunch of guys going early other than '04 where they all hit. I just see too much talent, and upside in too many of them to have a higher non-injury bust rate than like 35%. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, smooth said:

If we had won a few extra games and were picking where Atlanta is or so, I'd probably be in agreement.

But you're at 2 in a class with, depending on who you listen to, between 2 and 4 blue chip prospects.  Gotta take that swing.  If you want to keep Howell on the roster and see if things change drastically with him then fine, we got him cheap for 2 years, but I think you gotta take that shot.

• Like 2

My preference is drafting Maye and have an open competition at the position or plan on starting Sam at the beginning and see what happens, while Maye has some time to absorb things and get more accustomed to the NFL. 

Edited by HOF44
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

With Mac Jones getting a 6th round pick (oof) I think the Bears will have to settle for whoever will give anything over a 5th for Fields.

Maybe they’ll decide its not worth it to give fields away for scraps and keep him, use their 1st and 9th picks on MHJ/O-line instead, and let caleb fall to us for free. A man can dream

Just now, WashingtonRedWolves said:

Maybe they’ll decide its not worth it to give fields away for scraps and keep him, use their 1st and 9th picks on MHJ/O-line instead, and let caleb fall to us for free. A man can dream

I don’t want him.  

Just now, WashingtonRedWolves said:

I dreamed I was being chased by a T-Rex (2 actually) last night and then woke up but fell back asleep and I can't remember what happened before it but then I dreamed I was playing Texas Hold-em and on my last hand I got pocket Queens and was like "oh hell yeah" and went to raise and specifically remember being like "I'll wake up after this hand" but then I woke up and didn't get to finish that hand...sad...pocket Queens so good.

Anyways...what were we talking about?

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

New England may not like  either Maye or Daniels and is willing to trade down and get a qb later. Maybe JJ, Nix or Pennix. Have Brissett start for the year.

In my opinion, if they want a top-end prospect, they need to stay and pick Daniels, because I’m more convinced than ever we’re picking Maye.  

However, I think that’s one of the worst places for Daniels to go.  His lack of arm talent in NE weather late in the season is going to be a problem.  

They might be in the unique position where McCarthy, Penix or Nix might be a better fit.  If so, a trade back might work for them.  

I think we could make it work with Daniels.  

They should want Maye.  But they’re not getting Maye.

Unless they trade up to our spot and take Maye, and we view Daniels + picks as a good value.  That would be interesting.

I leave open the possibility I’m wrong, but I really think we’re taking Maye.  

• Thumb up 1