Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

14 minutes ago, FrFan said:

McCarthy is very intriguing to say the least.

he's got a big arm

I agree on McCarthy being interesting, I think a lot of it has to do with the mystery about how good he really is, due to the way Michigan used him. The arm thing, is what makes me really curious about his combine session, because the opinion on his arm strength seems to be much more varied than with the top 3.  I see comments like from the article you quoted, then I also see analysts/scouts saying his arm strength is questionable/just okay, and that he has to really wind up to try to get the ball downfield, with noticeable impact on accuracy. Hoping the combine clears that up one way or the other.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Agree with JP's take on this one.

Tempest in a teapot.

I actually prefer to have Josh Harris there.....I mean,  he is the majority owner and it shows he truly cares about his investment.  

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Dah-Dee said:

I agree on McCarthy being interesting, I think a lot of it has to do with the mystery about how good he really is, due to the way Michigan used him. The arm thing, is what makes me really curious about his combine session, because the opinion on his arm strength seems to be much more varied than with the top 3.  I see comments like from the article you quoted, then I also see analysts/scouts saying his arm strength is questionable/just okay, and that he has to really wind up to try to get the ball downfield, with noticeable impact on accuracy. Hoping the combine clears that up one way or the other.

Excatly my thoughts, there is much love here some concerns there. Maybe Adam will call Jim as formers 49ers staff members, eventhough Jim was gone when Adam joined ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Thanks. I don’t see Twitter, just what’s on here. 

It's better that way, for twitter is the abyss, and we mere mortals ought not stare too deeply into it, for it stares back, and our souls are not prepared.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

😂why do you revert to my guy / your guy lines 😂

I’m simply saying, perhaps the real value of our new stud GM is finding a QB that many, you included, perceive to be someone in the ‘QB wilderness’ category…….

That's not why he came here. He came here because we can shop in the Chateau Latour, Chateau Lafitte, Chateau Margaux aisle. He didn't come here to look for villages labels. 

20 minutes ago, FrFan said:

He cried after losing not winning ! You do that in private not in front of medias. See his reaction after being called a "sheep" by a fan.

He has a very sensitive/fragile ego, and  too many attitude things to fix imo. I'm not going to call him future bust like some (only time will tell), but he's got too many red flags to me. Question is can someone fix all these issues ?

Doug Gottlieb Calls Out Caleb Williams and His Dad After 'GQ' Draft Threats

Took him quite a time to backpedal from this, but he did it.

I don't think it will affect his draft status, and if his ego were so fragile, he wouldn't be the player he is today. He's still a kid. Oh, he got caught crying in public; oh, the horror. As I said, these are more "man code" violations than red flags, in my view.  I remember when Lawrence came out, some people complained because he didn't say football was the end-all-be-all for him. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/duval-insider-plus/column-trevor-lawrences-mindset-is-not-a-red-flag-it-is-just-different

The dad angle has already been talked about. 

14 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Then tonight, for some unholy reason, I go to my YouTubeTV library and decide to watch the LSU vs Florida game from last November and my jaw just drops to the floor...again.

I've combed thru that game more times than I probably should have.

I know your not supposed to evaluate off of a highlight reel, but what are you supposed to do when the whole dang game is a highlight reel?

It was truly an unrivaled level of bonkers.

Fun to watch tho... always gives me the same reaction too.

200w.gif.8267594ba07a84565a1fb7ddce543bd6.gif

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, NOLA2DC said:

I don't think it will affect his draft status, and if his ego were so fragile, he wouldn't be the player he is today. He's still a kid. Oh, he got caught crying in public; oh, the horror. As I said, these are more "man code" violations than red flags, in my view.  I remember when Lawrence came out, some people complained because he didn't say football was the end-all-be-all for him. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/duval-insider-plus/column-trevor-lawrences-mindset-is-not-a-red-flag-it-is-just-different

The dad angle has already been talked about. 

I agree I don't believe his draft status will change, I'm just saying there were too many character issues to my liking. On the side note since I saw him in a red dress and a banana outfit, now every time I hear his name I can't help to see Cam Newton ;)

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, RWJ said:

Same could be said about Daniels too.  

If Daniels is on the Love tract he will be almost ready for social security before he starts.  My next QB in Peter's talent for picking Mr. Irrelevant QBs

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I find your responses to this strange.  So we are even.  You are basically accusing me of making things up.  I have better things to do with my time than make things up here.

Bravo!  👍

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, FrFan said:

I agree I don't believe his draft status will change, I'm just saying there were too many character issues to my liking. On the side note since I saw him in a red dress and a banana outfit now every time I hear his name can't help to see Cam Newton ;)

I get what you're saying, but I'm just acknowledging that things are different, particularly with celebrity attire. It's not my cup of tea but it is a thing for the younger generation

https://www.cnn.com/style/article/men-skirts-fashion-history-trends/index.html

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, gooseneck said:

If Daniels is on the Love tract he will be almost ready for social security before he starts.  My next QB in Peter's talent for picking Mr. Irrelevant QBs

This is Bean, right?  We all have our flavors of QBs we like.  I see potential but mine is Rattler in the 4th.  Thanks for the input, goose.  Also, I stand by my statement about Daniels, Bro. :) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Dan Orlovsky on Drake Maye

That's just silly, no team is going draft a guy in the top 5 and have him sit for four years.  GB has had the luxury of having a HOF guy start while a great prospect sits. I do think the ideal situation is to sit at least half the season. 

• Thumb up 1

31 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

I actually prefer to have Josh Harris there.....I mean,  he is the majority owner and it shows he truly cares about his investment.  

People not used to serious forms of analysis forget to even identify and separate their target data from peripheral stuff (context; relevant vs irrelevant factors, etc ) 

I see it endlessly online, particularly in sports and most so in football, and of course the QB and coaching positions.

I.e. in this context, the data point of Harris's presence in the room is of little value without knowing the nature of his presence (his behaviors/role). 

As suggested, a knowledgeable and concerned owner can want observe for reasons that fans would consider positive and not just Jerry Jones-ing it. 

Not unlike watching a knowledgeable restaurant owner taking a major role in hiring his head chef with the help of consultation, but still being interested and getting a take on the rest of the staff and what the interviewing process is like to increase his knowledge and awareness of his enterprise even though he has given control of that process to that chef.

I like the idea of having the type of owner I just described and the best I can tell, Harris is among that type.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2

20 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I don't pay too much attention to the interviews because all of these guys have been prepping since the season ended at least, and that's one of the primary jobs of the agent to make sure their client is ready for Indy. I don;t expect any of the top 3 to interview bad. 

7 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Daniels doesn't have the same footwork/mechanics issues which is the primary reason Orlovsky is recommending he sit. 

True but there are weaknesses that both Maye and Daniels have which I say that Daniels could stand to sit too such as (struggles to consistently operate from the pocket, particularly with throws across all field levels and Inconsistent throwing motion which hampers accuracy, timing, and power).  I expect both to start if they are picked #2 and #3 either place.