Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

11 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I would be completely floored if that were to happen. HE has by far the weakest arm of the top 3. Like it isnt close. 

Jay Schroeder had a rocket arm. Daniels can make all the throws and displayed that at LSU. It's all that matters. 

Just now, FrFan said:

Jay was a third round pick

Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, the list goes on. 

The obsession people have with everyone having a Josh Allen arm is weird when Josh Allen hasn't won anything with that arm. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, the list goes on. 

The obsession people have with everyone having a Josh Allen arm is weird when Josh Allen hasn't won anything with that arm. 

Power is nothing without control ;) On a side note I remember Elway's dicke Bertha, he threw the ball so hard during his first official day of practice that he broke the fingers of two of the team’s wide receivers.

1 hour ago, pico926 said:

Daniels can make all the throws

But not consistently. And that is my issue with him. Way to many weak passes that were saved by incredible WR play on tape imo. But we will find out in the next few months which way they lean. We are all fans here. If Daniels is the pick I will cheer just the same as I would for either of the other guys. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

Daniels is completely calm under pressure too and has the accuracy/release to be elite at the next level. He’s improved every single season. Yes he has to get better at protecting himself because he will not survive trying to play Superman at the next level so he had to add some lbs but I trust a NFL strength and conditioning program to get him where he needs to be. Clown on me all y’all want but even if I weren’t a LSU alum, Jayden still had a historic season and has all the tools to succeed at the next level.  I think Maye will be elite too. Penix is Mr. Glass unfortunately. I think Bo, JJ, and Caleb all end up being busts. Look forward to revisiting this thread in the future. 

Joe Sloan is going to turn Nussmeier into the next great QB too which is wild considering how terrible the stretch of LSU QBs had been for years.
Jayden will be a better Lamar that can actually pass. 

Edited by BayouBrave86
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Quinn dropped a line in his presser that I have been pushing over and over again in this thread

Mike Shannahan believed in something similar. He always said he liked to look at a guys highlight film and make it his mission to get THAT guy on the field in whatever capacity he could. Find out what a guy is exceptional at and then find a way for him to do it consistently. That's why he went with Trent Williams when everyone said that it was a bad move.... to the point where he has to literally say this a few times in Trent's defense. 

17 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Daniels is completely calm under pressure too

This is wrong. I watched some of his all 22 and it can’t be further from the truth. I said it before, but it’s not a huge negative for me since most QBs especially young ones all struggle with pressure. 

That being said, I think the takes on his arm strength being a knock on him are just as wrong. He can make all the necessary throws from what I saw. Also, he’s got a real quick release and it’s almost effortless watching him throw. JD is deserving of being in the conversation at #2. My biggest issue is if he’s not taking off running, he often just throws to his first read. that’s mostly due to his receivers being so good as many state which makes it harder to evaluate.

44 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Mike Shannahan believed in something similar. He always said he liked to look at a guys highlight film and make it his mission to get THAT guy on the field in whatever capacity he could. Find out what a guy is exceptional at and then find a way for him to do it consistently. That's why he went with Trent Williams when everyone said that it was a bad move.... to the point where he has to literally say this a few times in Trent's defense. 

Belichick took that philosophy to its limits. He'd find guys who could only do one thing well and would wash out otherwise, and then get great results asking them to only do that one thing. It takes a lot of planning and coordination to build a roster that way, for sure.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

That would be incredibly stupid and I say that as a big Howell fan and a huge fan of the trade back.

We have the #2 pick in a great QB draft. We hopefully won't be drafting this high for a long time.

If Howell is the goods and we draft Maye or whoever and they're great too, we have a Brees/Rivers situation and that's even better.

Whoever the new rookie QB is, it's probably important to have Howell start at least the first 4 games so that they can make sure the OL is solid enough to protect the youngster. There's no rush so might as well not throw something into the fire until it's seasoned enough to be cooked.

1 hour ago, mh86 said:

This is wrong. I watched some of his all 22 and it can’t be further from the truth. I said it before, but it’s not a huge negative for me since most QBs especially young ones all struggle with pressure. 

That being said, I think the takes on his arm strength being a knock on him are just as wrong. He can make all the necessary throws from what I saw. Also, he’s got a real quick release and it’s almost effortless watching him throw. JD is deserving of being in the conversation at #2. My biggest issue is if he’s not taking off running, he often just throws to his first read. that’s mostly due to his receivers being so good as many state which makes it harder to evaluate.

:lol: it is not wrong. Jayden had ZERO interceptions….again, ZERO under pressure this season. He knew the perfect times to run too. He’s not quite as calm as Burrow, but the big moments never phased him. He is extremely calm. People just making up stuff in this thread. Unbelievable. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

:lol: it is not wrong. Jayden had ZERO interceptions….again, ZERO under pressure this season. He knew the perfect times to run too. He’s not quite as calm as Burrow, but the big moments never phased him. He is extremely calm. People just making up stuff in this thread. Unbelievable. 

Oof, okay boss

Yeah, what would I know? I only watch every LSU game. 

anyway I’ve said my piece with regards to Jayden and realize it probably has come off as pompous, but I’m legit stoked for the possibility we may get him and think he can be the franchise QB this team has been looking for the last 30+ years. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but there are some false narratives being thrown around. 

• Like 2

People need to stop with the "get him into an NFL strength and training regimen and he'll blow up" non sense regarding Daniels. You act like a major college like LSU doesn't have top notch strength and training. I would argue that they probably have BETTER strength and training/conditioning program than we do, and many other NFL teams for that matter.

Its one thing if he were coming from like Montana State, but LSU is basically akin to an NFL franchise when it comes to their resources.

His body type is what it is. Its going to be a big time issue in the NFL when you got guys like Micah Parsons and Kayvon Thibodeaux who can run almost step for step with him while having like 50 pounds on him. RG3 didn't last. Anthony Richardson got hurt like five games into his first season. And both those guys were bigger.

• Like 13

23 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

People need to stop with the "get him into an NFL strength and training regimen and he'll blow up" non sense regarding Daniels. You act like a major college like LSU doesn't have top notch strength and training. I would argue that they probably have BETTER strength and training/conditioning program than we do, and many other NFL teams for that matter.

Its one thing if he were coming from like Montana State, but LSU is basically akin to an NFL franchise when it comes to their resources.

His body type is what it is. Its going to be a big time issue in the NFL when you got guys like Micah Parsons and Kayvon Thibodeaux who can run almost step for step with him while having like 50 pounds on him. RG3 didn't last. Anthony Richardson got hurt like five games into his first season. And both those guys were bigger.

I don’t think it’s a matter of lack of staff and facilities, as much as it is not something LSU cared about.  They likely preferred him slim and fast as lightning.