Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

10 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Wut? Jackson was, at very very best, a mediocre passer at Louisville. 

not sure i can agree with this. That guy flicked some crazy tds during his time at school. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Wut? Jackson was, at very very best, a mediocre passer at Louisville. 

I think this is more anti-Daniels than pro-Lamar. 

Klassen has had some pretty strong takes over the years, but he's made a lot of good calls.  Recently, he had Stroud QB1, Richardson QB2 and Young QB3. 

He's doing an AMA right now.

Edited by HTTRDynasty

3 minutes ago, illone said:

not sure i can agree with this. That guy flicked some crazy tds during his time at school. 

Sure, he had a few highlight passes, but overall he was pretty inaccurate. His superpower has always been running, not passing.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

17 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Lol, don't talk trading back in this thread or people will lose their minds. 😂

Funny thing is I wouldn't even take it as an endorsement of Howell as the long term solution if they decided not to draft a QB, only that they don't view the top choices as long term options either.  Like I said, if Peters and his team think one of the QBs available can be that guy eventually, sure draft the guy, but #2 is way to high a pick to pass up elite talent in favor of someone you think might turn into something eventually.  I also understand that it would be the case regardless of who you draft, but I think missing on a QB that high is bigger detriment than any other position because in most cases elite skill position players start to impose their will immediately where as a lot of elite QB's will look up and down their rookie year. 

I just think Peter's track record suggests that he sees building a solid roster, then dropping a QB into the mix afterwards as a valid option. 

• Thumb up 2

14 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Sure, he had a few highlight passes, but overall he was pretty inaccurate. His superpower has always been running, not passing.

I don't think he's primarily referring to accuracy based on the below:

11 minutes ago, mistertim said:

He played 3 years and this was his completion percentage:

2015 - 55.7%

2016 - 57.6%

2017 - 60.4%

Also I like Lamar but his issues in the postseason aren't really a huge surprise. In college he was never able to beat good teams. In his 3 years at Louisville, he only beat ONE ranked team. One in 3 seasons! He kind of folded under the brightest lights back then too. 

• Like 2

Just now, ThatNFLChick said:

He played 3 years and this was his completion percentage:

2015 - 55.7%

2016 - 57.6%

2017 - 60.4%

Also I like Lamar but his issues in the postseason aren't really a huge surprise. In college he was never able to beat good teams. In his 3 years at Louisville, he only beat ONE ranked team. One in 3 seasons! He kind of folded under the brightest lights back then too. 

Hm. I saw slightly lower completion %

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/lamar-jackson-1.html

Either way, yeah I actually recall that argument being made about him in the runup to the 2018 draft. That he was an ultra talented runner but had accuracy issues when passing and didn't seem to play well in big games.

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Hm. I saw slightly lower completion %

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/lamar-jackson-1.html

Either way, yeah I actually recall that argument being made about him in the runup to the 2018 draft. That he was an ultra talented runner but had accuracy issues when passing and didn't seem to play well in big games.

That's probably more accurate, I just glanced at ESPN but I knew it was low. 

99% chance our next QB in not a munchkin. That's just super.

and Lamar was not a good passer in college.

He said he pulled out of the 40 at the combine after the Chargers asked him about switching positions and he didn't want to give teams the data to play around with.

The hope with Lamar has always been if he can develop into a decent NFL passer and marry that with his running game he would be special, and that has panned out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

99% chance our next QB in not a munchkin. That's just super.

and Lamar was not a good passer in college.

He said he pulled out of the 40 at the combine after the Chargers asked him about switching positions and he didn't want to give teams the data to play around with.

The hope with Lamar has always been if he can develop into a decent NFL passer and marry that with his running game he would be special, and that has panned out.

Yeah the wide receiver talk was pretty disrespectful. It was like draft him as a QB or don't but asking him to basically test and run routes like a WR was insane.

29 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Funny thing is I wouldn't even take it as an endorsement of Howell as the long term solution if they decided not to draft a QB, only that they don't view the top choices as long term options either.  Like I said, if Peters and his team think one of the QBs available can be that guy eventually, sure draft the guy, but #2 is way to high a pick to pass up elite talent in favor of someone you think might turn into something eventually.  I also understand that it would be the case regardless of who you draft, but I think missing on a QB that high is bigger detriment than any other position because in most cases elite skill position players start to impose their will immediately where as a lot of elite QB's will look up and down their rookie year. 

I just think Peter's track record suggests that he sees building a solid roster, then dropping a QB into the mix afterwards as a valid option. 

I doubt the new FO is willing to make the fans suffer through yet another terrible season.

These guys need to come out swinging.

That means drafting the best possible QB and #2. No fancy trades. Just draft a guy to build the roster around.

I think most fans would be very happy with than simple logic, since we'll get to see the future NOW.

Elite talent, as you say, is a very difficult thing to find at the QB level. There's huge error rate.

But, again, the expectations around this new FO have grown so high they "cannot not" deliver a small ray of hope, at the very least.

15 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

I doubt the new FO is willing to make the fans suffer through yet another terrible season.

These guys need to come out swinging.

That means drafting the best possible QB and #2. No fancy trades. Just draft a guy to build the roster around.

I think most fans would be very happy with than simple logic, since we'll get to see the future NOW.

Elite talent, as you say, is a very difficult thing to find at the QB level. There's huge error rate.

But, again, the expectations around this new FO have grown so high they "cannot not" deliver a small ray of hope, at the very least.

What if they watch film, do all the interviews, talk to everyone and decide they REALLY like JJ McCarthy. He fits Johnson's scheme, he's taken the most snaps under center, etc. 

Are you opposed to them trading down to get him?

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

Not standing, but sitting. Maye definitely looks significantly bigger than Sam in general.

TABLE_MayFundraiser_2023_WEB-152-1080x675.jpg

Oh, my God. Is that the, 'My Pillow' guy?! Also, Sam's facial expression and body language looks like someone just stole his GF there. 

49 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

What if they watch film, do all the interviews, talk to everyone and decide they REALLY like JJ McCarthy. He fits Johnson's scheme, he's taken the most snaps under center, etc. 

Crime does not rest so neither can I.

Me and Batman are alike in this matter.

ioewsdodmso.jpg.96241c77c248d882c7cd64cd2ba7fae1.jpg

3 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Lamar, like Manning, is an exceptional regular season QB who has had the misfortune of playing in the same era and conference as a top 3 QB of all time.

The Titans team Manning lost to was qb'd by Steve McNair and came a yard from tying the Greatest Show on Turf Rams in the SB.  

I'm not sure I buy the comparison or attempt to put these playoffs records on being in the same conference as Brady/Mahomes.