Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Its basically like Alex Smith all over again. He doesn't actually play particularly well but somehow the team wins when he's in.

In a way, yeah - but Alex would never just throw the ball up and let a guy go get it.  Heinicke, sometimes to his detriment sometimes positive, will just chuck that thing in the vicinity of a player and pray.

The common theme though is relentlessly running the ball, even at 3 yards per attempt, sticking to it and converting checkdowns.

• Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

@TMK9973

I checked your posting history, nowhere to be found during or after the Vikings game.  You didn’t post because your takes looked turrible last week.  It’s a bad look.

Well I never post during a game (watching it). 

But thanks for being a fan! 

I've thought about why I've been more of an Alex Smih fan than a Heinicke fan despite the similar wins they put up. I think it's that in Alex, he was the prototype of your standard QB. He had good height, a very good arm, and before his injury he had good legs. The frustrating part of Alex was that he rarely put his very good arm to use on deep plays. It kept me on edge, hoping that Alex would shift into gear like he did in 2017 with Tyreek Hill when he started chucking it deep and winning. He never did in Washington, and so the end results look the same as what Heinicke does. Alex played to the minimum his physical skill needed. Heinicke plays to the maximum his physical skill allows.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

Well I never post during a game (watching it). 

But thanks for being a fan! 

You also didn’t post after it, like you are this morning.  

What I find wild is all of us who aren’t big on Heinicke, don’t really take any pleasure or brag when he stinks.  But the guys who love him so much, always come in beating their chests about the “haters”.  It’s odd behavior.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

What I find wild is all of us who aren’t big on Heinicke, don’t really take any pleasure or brag when he stinks.  But the guys who love him so much, always come in beating their chests about the “haters”.  It’s odd behavior.

You doing that weird awkward thing again 

you should stop

its weird and awkward 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This fanbase suffers from a cosmic scale case of PTSD, while I frequently disagree with some I try to be understanding of their mental state.

If "Once bitten, twice shy" then what are we supposed to be after 23 years of LilDannyBoy gnawin our bones? It's a wonder we haven't all gone bat****...... more than we have

1 minute ago, tshile said:

You doing that weird awkward thing again 

you should stop

its weird and awkward 

You say that like it's a bad thing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Gregg Williams turned this defense around eons ago.  Then one season it collapsed.  then it bounced back again and was good.

The main reason why I turned on Shanny was his defenses in Denver were bad, yet he liked to by reputation micro manage that side of the ball.  He got here and this defense turned bad, too.  The defenses under Jay for the most part weren't good either.

We finally have a good defense.  A few want to define the defense based on last year.  But I don't see it.  They've played well against good offenses, too.  And it's not hard to see the why.

Darrick Forrest is good -- didn't play last year.  St. Juste is good -- didn't play last year.  William Jackson is bad -- adios.  Jamin Davis as to plenty of other young LBs took a season to develop and he's good now.  Daron Payne is having his best season.  Who would think but Obada and Toohill >> Settle and Ionnadis.  This defense is legit good.

The playmakers on this team are legit good.  Like I said yesterday and this weekend they need to improve Qb and O line and this team ends up really really good.  Cooley said 11-12 win team if they do so, I agree.

i am not saying EVERY position has a star or above average play right now.   But what team has that?  Yeah I'd love to have above average play at EVERY position but that's fantasy.  I'd love for example to upgrade over Kendall Fuller but the dude isn't exactly a train wreck.  Ditto Holcomb, etc.  You aren't going to have 8 out of 10 level players at every spot.  No team does.   This defense is good without fortifications.  

I want to upgrade the O line as bad as anyone but obviously we don't need to use 7 picks on the O line and every dime of cap space next year.    We get rid of Dan Snyder we can spend like the big boys on FA and actually attract talent. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Bless their hearts some people are trying to make something outta that game.

Grasping At Straws GIFs | Tenor498 × 271

Man put up a hair above Tebow numbers for an offense that did everything in its power to not utilize the concept of a forward pass.

There is not a lot to celebrate there in regards to personal performance other than the fact that he was once again game-planned around by his own coordinator, which was and always will be the correct move.

Nothing to see here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Also I’m still convinced wentz couldn’t read the defense 

Taylor makes risky throws and trusts his receivers 

He may also struggle to read the defense. Hard to tell what’s a ballsy throw to give your dude a chance and what’s a bad throw cause you read the defense wrong 

But wentz looked completely lost all the time. Taylor just looks like he’s missing a thing or two that keeps him from being potentially top 1/3 of the league. 

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Ah, such a pleasure you’ve graced us with your loud and wrong takes in the Stadium again.  Said nobody ever.  Be gone, peasant.

😂 

Captain try hard over here 

good luck with your forum war 😆 

@BatteredFanSyndrome is so butt hurt over things he’s come in here after last nights amazing win just to be negative and cause problems. 

super awkward and weird for an adult but here he is, just being himself. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Ahhh…. It’s nice to be neutral and at peace with QB position this time around. 

Jump on the Heineke experience, it’s much more fun. Be present and don’t worry about the past or future…. Just take the ride. Dare I say, ride to playoffs!?. 

I promise you’ll like it!

Edited by wit33
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The thread title has been changed multiple times by OP to purposefully mock Heinicke, and was changed again after the loss against Minnesota.  And just like the Hive disappears when he has a bad game, OP is nowhere to be seen now.

1 minute ago, wit33 said:

Ahhh…. It’s nice to be neutral and at peace with QB position this time around. 

Jump on the Heineke experience, it’s much more fun. Be present and don’t worry about the past or future…. Just take the ride. Dare I say, ride to playoffs!?. 

I promise you’ll like it!

Who would think the ultimate nerd, Kirk, would be a cool trend sender?  

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Gregg Williams turned this defense around eons ago.  Then one season it collapsed.  then it bounced back again and was good.

The main reason why I turned on Shanny was his defenses in Denver were bad, yet he liked to by reputation micro manage that side of the ball.  He got here and this defense turned bad, too.  The defenses under Jay for the most part weren't good either.

We finally have a good defense.  A few want to define the defense based on last year.  But I don't see it.  They've played well against good offenses, too.  And it's not hard to see the why.

Darrick Forrest is good -- didn't play last year.  St. Juste is good -- didn't play last year.  William Jackson is bad -- adios.  Jamin Davis as to plenty of other young LBs took a season to develop and he's good now.  Daron Payne is having his best season.  Who would think but Obada and Toohill >> Settle and Ionnadis.  This defense is legit good.

The playmakers on this team is legit good.  Like I said yesterday and this weekend they need to improve Qb and O line and this team ends up really really good.  Cooley said 11-12 win team if they do so, I agree.

i am not saying EVERY position has a star or above average play.   But what team has that?  Yeah I'd love to have above average play at EVERY position but that's fantasy,  I'd love for example to upgrade over Kendall Fuller but the dude isn't exactly a train wreck.  Ditto Holcomb, etc.

I want to upgrade the O line as bad as anyone but obviiusly we don't need to use 7 picks on the O line and every dime of cap space.    We get rid of Dan Snyder we can spend like the big boys on FA and actually attract talent. 

This is part of the elite returns Ron was expected to provide as a coach. So young everywhere on defense is encouraging on top of seeing results. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

The thread title has been changed multiple times by OP to purposefully mock Heinicke, and was changed again after the loss against Minnesota.  And just like the Hive disappears when he has a bad game, OP is nowhere to be seen now.

I’m sure he’s still asleep, last night had to be tough for him.

Most of the “haters” though show up and give credit where it’s due.  

• Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Who would think the ultimate nerd, Kirk, would be a cool trend sender?  

I was thinking the same thing! Respect to Taylor for probably giving the “nah, I’m good” response when asked by team to take off shirt. Be you Taylor. Kirk was ready to floss that sneaky six pack lol