Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

8 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I have a feeling Samuel is going to feast with Taylor. Whats the deal with our TD machine Dotson. I remember his very first target - Carson sailed it way over his year. Maybe he can thrive on a wet noodle arm since he seems to adjust to the underthrown ball well.  I think. I do think DBs in tight coverage are so ripe for PI's on underthrown balls but will Turner shelf all the deep calls because he cant throw that far?

They’ll all feast with th. And if he gets hurt they’ll feast with Howell. We’re in a good situation right now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It'll be one big party. Somehow I fear TMC will be the odd man out.  I have yet another theory - when a backup QB comes into the game, they target the guys they know best. Most chemistry with - WR 4-6. Look for Dyami 'YaMe' Brown to have a career game this week if Dotson doesn't render him inactive. Maybe he passed Cam Sims on the depth chart heh.

Edited by RandyHolt

This is what it's like to be a true bottom feeder of a team and as a fanbase: that people create reasons to look forward to watching th under center. It should make you want to cry, instead. 😓

That is not to ignore how the wentz gamble has gone so far, or how Howell might develop.

The team is going nowhere meaningful with even a repeat of last seasons heinie performance, the "upsides" of which I don't think is likely to repeat at all.  

Worse, IF "fortunate" under th and/or a returning, healed wentz, it all may lead us to another year of just enough wins to cost a higher drafting position.

I don't hate th, but I do weary of people who can actually be fans of players who neither have sufficient playing ability or "personality" to merit the level of (I'll be kind here) "enthused support" th gets from a handful here.

I think even the oft posted attraction to his persona is born of very questionable, and even fantasy, reactions more made up than being a solid take on his actual personality.

Signed, the Grinch.🙂

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

This is what it's like to be a true bottom feeder of a team and as a fanbase: that people create reasons to look forward to watching th under center. It should make you want to cry, instead. 😓

That is not to ignore how the wentz gamble has gone so far, or how Howell might develop.

The team is going nowhere meaningful with even a repeat of last seasons heinie performance, the "upsides" of which I don't think is likely to repeat at all.  

Worse, IF "fortunate" under th and/or a returning, healed wentz, it all may lead us to another year of just enough wins to cost a higher drafting position.

I don't hate th, but I do weary of people who can actually be fans of players who neither have sufficient playing ability or "personality" to merit the level of (I'll be kind here) "enthused support" th gets from a handful here.

I think even the oft posted attraction to his persona is born of very questionable, and even fantasy, reactions more made up than being a solid take on his actual personality.

Signed, the Grinch.🙂

I’m very confident in Terry, Samuel, and Dotson. I think an offense can succeed with an average qb when you have weapons like that. Th is just average. Howell is probably average right now but could become a franchise qb, who knows. Both are better qbs than Wentz at this point in his career. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I was just having this conversation with a few friends of mine that were also unfortunate enough to choose this team when they were younger.

The #1 sign of an awful team, aside from being owned by Dan Snyder, is the fanbase constantly clamoring for the backup QB.

General amnesia when it came to all the bad we’d seen from the backup in the past coupled with very generous descriptions of what positives he offered.  

I don’t even think some folks realize they are doing it, but the descriptions for why the backup is the better option, are very generous to say the least.  To the extent if they were really as good as described, they would be starting somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

This idea that Taylor will help open up the playbook when it was an open secret he was forcing plays out the playbook he couldn't execute with his arm makes me officially realize we are not in a better situation then we were 3 years ago...if there was ever a question, this "conversation" settles it, it's not a Year 3 conversation.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

I see the FO has finally solved the QB issue - They just saigned Jake Fromm!!!  It's all over folks! We finally have a franchise QB!  Just can;t believe our luck! Sure he was a 5th draft pick in 2020 that is on his 3th team but we are the team to bring that chamionship level play out of him!  What a brilliant move!!  

https://www.commanders.com/news/commanders-sign-jake-fromm-to-practice-squad#:~:text=The Washington Commanders have signed,three games with two starts.

• Haha 1

I don't hate Heinicke, but I'm starting grow extremely ****ing tired of the fans that think he's some sort of an answer.  

The most popular QB in DC for the past 30 years has perpetually been the guy on the bench no matter who the guy on the bench was.  It's lazy, unoriginal, obnoxious and exhausting.  

• Like 3
  • Thumb down 1

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This idea that Taylor will help open up the playbook when it was an open secret he was forcing plays out the playbook he couldn't execute with his arm makes me officially realize we are not in a better situation then we were 3 years ago...if there was ever a question, this "conversation" settles it, it's not a Year 3 conversation.

I agree with you about the bolded statement but I am not sure I saw anyone actually say this. Maybe they did. I mean the TH love is radiant right now. His uber fans (bless them for thier optimism) are over the moon with him projected to be the starter. But I am not sure even they are not delusional enough to think the playbook opens up. It gets significantly smaller with him in. It's not that he doesn;' know the plays, he is severaly limited in what he can actually do physically. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't hate Heinicke, but I'm starting grow extremely ****ing tired of the fans that think he's some sort of an answer. 

They always hedge the bold proclamations with “I know he’s not a franchise QB, but…” and then go on to explain his play in ways that make him sound like he could be a franchise QB.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, goskins10 said:

I agree with you about the bolded statement but I am not sure I saw anyone actually say this. Maybe they did. I mean the TH love is radiant right now. His uber fans (bless them for thier optimism) are over the moon with him projected to be the starter. But I am not sure even they are not delusional enough to think the playbook opens up. It gets significantly smaller with him in. It's not that he doesn;' know the plays, he is severaly limited in what he can actually do physically. 

This came from an Albert Breer tweet, he made the statement but didn’t quote it from anyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Gotta love your optimism.  LOL

I’m just going off what I saw last year. He played some solid football when he had a semi healthy skill player group and we won some games. It was also pretty much his rookie year. So if you add a year of experience+ better weapons+ an easier schedule then I think it equals better results. The 49ers went to the super bowl with Jimmy G, who I consider an average qb. I’m not saying we’re gonna have those results but yeah I could see our offense improve a lot and be in playoff contention in December with th or Howell if we stay somewhat healthy. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

They always hedge the bold proclamations with “I know he’s not a franchise QB, but…” and then go on to explain his play in ways that make him sound like he could be a franchise QB.  

Exactly.

He's a great backup.  He had every chance to show last year that he could be a franchise guy and couldn't do it.  

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I explain his play as average. I consider Wentz below average. That’s why I think our offense will be better with th. I’m not promoting th as a franchise qb, I just think Wentz is that bad. 

36 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

First place I saw it was a tweet a couple pages ago in this thread...

5 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

<blah blah blah just kidding I agree with all of it just FML>

I think the normalization of failure here has set the bar so low that we'd need an excavator to find it.

There seems to be a cognitive dissonance of changing to or being the underdog. Like, "This'll turn things around" despite nearly a quarter-century of repeated versions of this. People perverting a false memory of Doug Williams coming in to save the day.

We've never, and won't ever, have a Tom Brady. It just won't happen. Tom Brady wasn't a moxie-filled not-so-good-Al the first couple times he came in; he was a backup and then the GOAT instantly.

The infatuation of the Sonny/Billy duplication of the guy on the bench is the one I want, is grossly unhealthy when repeated de facto for more than 20 years.

As the late Chris Cornell wrote, "The grass is always greener where the dogs are 💩ing."

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This came from an Albert Breer tweet, he made the statement but didn’t quote it from anyone.

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

First place I saw it was a tweet a couple pages ago in this thread...

Thanks. I was focusing on someone in here saying it. Thanks for the clarification. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Jds0912 said:

I’m very confident in Terry, Samuel, and Dotson. I think an offense can succeed with an average qb when you have weapons like that. Th is just average. Howell is probably average right now but could become a franchise qb, who knows. Both are better qbs than Wentz at this point in his career. 

Despite your recent attempts to equivocate on your formerly lofty impressions of th, you are the definition of a fanboy. Your user page demonstrated that from the get go and that's not against any rule here nor does it preclude you from being able to make solid points on football when your boy is not a central feature.

But I prefer you not to quote me and use my post as a vehicle for you to make a vapid fanboy reply, no matter how you try to "soften" it.🙂

• Haha 2