Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randal 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Fromm battle for QB2 and so begins the Handsome Harem for Hartman

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Well technically I think he'll be a free agent unless the Giants tag him.

They’ll tag him for a year and look for a replacement. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Reading the NY sports page often, I get the strong sense they will do whatever they can to keep Daniel Jones.

I personally don’t envy their position. You have a QB who is obviously very flawed but he’s better than playing QB roulette. 

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Reading the NY sports page often, I get the strong sense they will do whatever they can to keep Daniel Jones.

That's insane, everyone in that organization should be drug tested if they do something as clinically insane as tag that dude.

By all means, though...

shooting-yourself-foot-cartoon-humor-concept-illustration-saying-proverb-40092718.jpg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, zCommander said:

It is great all these QBs are available. But is anyone even thinking it takes time to get used to a new offense? Wouldn't Wentz be the better deal if he wants to stay and you can build around him instead?

I think fans always assume every QB is going to have NO issue digesting the playbook.  Jason Campbell and Al Saunders was a rare peak inside the QB room.  They purged the 800 page playbook for Jason's 2nd year lol.

Regardless we can expect to have a new OC or a new QB every damn year until we get lucky and start drafting QBs every year until we land one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Regardless we can expect to have a new OC or a new QB every damn year until we get lucky and start drafting QBs every year until we land one.

We have always been in win now mode thanks to Dan and his ego. Hopefully the new owner will allow the coach to take his time and build. Are we close? The way our D is playing and adding to O should make us a real contender next year and you can still do that with Wentz. 

Carr is such an up and down QB and so is Wentz but at least Wentz will be year 2 in the same offense. I give the edge to Wentz here. 

Howell should be the backup and I still want to see what he can do before casting him off. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, zCommander said:

It is great all these QBs are available. But is anyone even thinking it takes time to get used to a new offense? Wouldn't Wentz be the better deal if he wants to stay and you can build around him instead?

I was making that point in the private QB thread earlier.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

16 hours ago, Chump Bailey said:

On Sabah:

Sheehan let slip that she's almost always the first caller. I imagine hours before the show she starts dialing in to talk up Heinicke.

Don't know if they put her on hold or she just repeatedly calls until someone answers.

They probably let her on just to appease her. I bet she calls in all day to complain to management or anyone that will listen when she doesn't get on the show.

Edit: quoted the wrong text and couldn't remove it. So I just deleted what I could.

blockquote widget

Edited by CommanderInTheRye