Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

12 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Don't count on it.  I would hope that fans are smarter than that, seeing that there is a possibility that the Browns will give up and quit if they're down on Sunday since they're eliminated.  The Cowboys will most likely be resting a lot of their starters in Week 18, once the Eagles clinch the NFCE and the #1 seed.  I would like to think that fans wouldn't get hyped for beating two teams that they should beat, both resting starters, but stranger things have happened.

Once we get beaten to a pulp by Minnesota or San Francisco in the playoffs, and reality sets in about the team's QB situation going forward, any hopium will have worn off and subsided at that point.

Smarter than that?

There’s a large contingent of this fan base that truly believed that the team plays harder for Heinicke and were talking about Super Bowl a month ago.  Hell, most of them are still pissed off today believing that Turner and Rivera never gave him a chance and refused to play to his strengths, whatever those might be.  There are still dudes mumbling about bootlegs and read option and we’ve seen first hand the poor results of going that route.  We’ve had multiple folks refer to the defense Wentz faced on Sunday as “prevent defense” even though that couldn’t be further from the truth.

If Taylor Heinicke was the starting QB that beat the quitting Browns and the Cowboys backups as you’ve claimed we’ll be facing, the Hive would start a GoFundMe to place a statue outside of FedExField in his honor.  

The fans aren’t that smart.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Smarter than that?

There’s a large contingent of this fan base that truly believed that the team plays harder for Heinicke and were talking about Super Bowl a month ago.  Hell, most of them are still pissed off today believing that Turner and Rivera never gave him a chance and refused to play to his strengths, whatever those might be.  There are still dudes mumbling about bootlegs and read option and we’ve seen first hand the poor results of going that route.  We’ve had multiple folks refer to the defense Wentz faced on Sunday as “prevent defense” even though that couldn’t be further from the truth.

If Taylor Heinicke was the starting QB that beat the quitting Browns and the Cowboys backups as you’ve claimed we’ll be facing, the Hive would start a GoFundMe to place a statue outside of FedExField in his honor.  

The fans aren’t that smart.

We have one of the lowest football IQs amongst our fan base in the league. That's what a generation of losing does.

• Thumb down 1

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We have one of the lowest football IQs amongst our fan base in the league. That's what a generation of losing does.

I’m not so sure that’s true, as I’ve encountered endless amounts of ignorance on the internet from all football fans in general.

That said, we definitely have mental illness specifically related to the QB position.  The trauma over the years has run it’s toll in conjunction with never actually solving the problem and that’s how we get threads like this one.

• Like 2

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m not so sure that’s true, as I’ve encountered endless amounts of ignorance on the internet from all football fans in general.

That said, we definitely have mental illness specifically related to the QB position.  The trauma over the years has run it’s toll in conjunction with never actually solving the problem and that’s how we get threads like this one.

This board is an oasis in a see of bat **** passionate imbeciles. 

7 minutes ago, Conn said:

Many fans were literally not smarter than that just 4 short weeks ago when we were going to sweep the Giants, coast into the playoffs, and challenge for the NFC off the power of Heinicke’s undeniable moxie. 

I was one of the people that thought we’d pull off a sweep of the giants (but i knew even if we did, this team isn’t going to be close to making the super bowl), but I feel like those hopes of sweeping the giants were largely due to people being happy about being (after the falcons game), 7-5. That’s just what winning does to fans, doesn’t mean those that said it aren’t smart. 

And I hope that after the way this past month has gone, nobody will get TOO excited about beating two teams with nothing to play for (browns cause eliminated, Dallas cause resting players for playoffs). 

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Don’t fool yourselves.  If Wentz comes in from the cold and plays two good games to get this team into the playoffs, and a decent playoff appearance, you will change your tune.

😩😩 Then next season, we'll find out that Wentz and the new mascot are tailor made for each other.

fools-gold-from-angus-and-oink-Drogheda.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The team is in transition since we are for sale.  No long term solution at qb will happen next year.

I doubt will be active in early free agency. Dan’s not going to want to spend much money since he’s selling the team.  Our big spending next offseason is likely tied to only resigning Payne.  Any other free agents will be lower tier.  We will trying to fix the o- line with lower tier free agents and the draft.

2024 when the team is under new ownership and the new owner has his people in place; is when we likely make the move for a long term qb. I doubt whatever Ron does at qb in 23 will be the long term solution.

I also doubt Ron will be here long term anyway; so when we make that move for the long term qb, Ron won’t have a say in it.

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It’s very wishful thinking that the Browns will lay down because they are out of the playoffs and that the Cowboys will rest their guys in week 18.

You’re right. It’s very wishful thinking. 

and you bet I’m wishing both things happen 100%, because I want at least one more January game to watch :D (if this stupid team can take advantage of it, which, I doubt…….)

Seems like the Browns teammates really liked Brissett and how they played with him and aren't too happy with Watson and especially his play. I don't know if they're going to lay down, but they have lost their moxie and if we can get on top early, especially with some Watson turnovers, should be a run away (literally) second half. If Watson gets some big runs off, we could get in trouble.

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It’s very wishful thinking that the Browns will lay down because they are out of the playoffs and that the Cowboys will rest their guys in week 18.

I think the Browns players are tired of Stefanski, and they're annoyed at the fact that they're throwing the ball a lot, when they have a top 2 running back in Nick Chubb, who they don't utilize nearly enough.  If we go up 10 or 14 in the first quarter, they're going to fold, and check out.  I think the Cowboys will definitely rest some of their starters in Week 18, since they're locked into the 5th seed.  If they lose tonight, or Philly wins their game on Sunday against NO, the Cowboys will have nothing to play for.  It would be smart of them to rest guys who need some rest, and get them ready for Tampa Bay.  They might play some of their starters for a quarter or a half, and then shut them down.

Pay attention to tonight's game.  Any starter who gets banged up, likely won't play in Week 18.  Why risk more injury in a meaningless game next week

Edited by samy316
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

One playoff game win wouldn't be enough?  The last time we won a playoff game was 15 years ago.  

I remember the exact bar and location in Seattle where I watched that game. It's been a really long a terrible journey since that day hasn't it? There were some ups, but mostly downs.

sad rainy day GIF

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

We won a playoff game in 2007?! News to me

Yeah 2005 not 2007, so 17 years ago. I also went to our playoff loss to the Seahawks the next week. Seahawks fans suck. Funny thing is I knew a couple of Seahawks fans that travelled to Chicago a few years back for a playoff game only to be accosted and abused in the same fashion I was and they were so taken aback. As if Bears fans are the only asshole fans. 

Edited by CobraCommander

Just now, CobraCommander said:

Yeah 2005 not 2007, so 17 years ago. I also went to our playoff loss to the Seahawks the next week. Seahawks fans suck. Funyn thing is I knew a couple of Seahawks fans that travelled to Chicago a few year back for a playoff game only to be accosted and abused in the same fashion I was and they were so taken aback. As if Bears fans are the only asshole fans. 

Technically the playoff game was January 2006, so 16 years ago (17 seasons ago). 

i watched the playoff game at the house of these twins I knew in elementary school (I was in 6th grade that year. Jeez it’s been a LONG time. 

11 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Technically the playoff game was January 2006, so 16 years ago (17 seasons ago). 

i watched the playoff game at the house of these twins I knew in elementary school (I was in 6th grade that year. Jeez it’s been a LONG time. 

Was that the rogers dropped the clear pick six, that could have changed our trajectory potentially