Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Conveniently enough you mention several players you were right about, where others were wrong, without any mention of those you got wrong.  We all get some right and get some wrong.  The best of the best that do this for a living get a lot wrong.  Again, there’s a difference between being having a strong opinion based on analysis and just outright making up narratives- which is what my point has been all along.  There are some very strong statements built on flimsy foundations running amuck in here and I’m not talking about being concerned with Daniel’s pressure to sack rate or Maye’s footwork.

No, I never said, pretended, hinted or implied that I was always right. I have said plenty of times that I have been wrong. Want me to say it agin? Fine. I am often wrong. I am a fallible human being.  Wow. Wasn't even hard to type that. Amazing.

What I did do, and I think it was pretty clear, was to ask how this logic works? That those of us who have called many decisions bad and been proven right deserve to be told over and over again that we're flawed humans for having those opinions? But anyone who said we were stupid for daring to say such things should continue to do so, and be, what, celebrated for it? Yeah, I don't take that seriously.

Personally, since this is a football message board, I would think it's main purpose is to share, discuss and debate actual football opinions, rather than using it mock people for having the gall to have said opinions. 

But maybe that's just me.  

• Like 3

I watched the clip from Get Up with Schefter saying what he did and all he did was recap what we all witnessed on Twitter with Daniel's agent. You guys did a better job on this thread of recapping the blow by blow. Did not seem like he was passing on information fed to him. Makes me think Schefty & Co. getting frustrated with not being plugged in to this org like he used to be. 

3 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

No, I never said, pretended, hinted or implied that I was always right. I have said plenty of times that I have been wrong. Want me to say it agin? Fine. I am often wrong. I am a fallible human being.  Wow. Wasn't even hard to type that. Amazing.

What I did do, and I think it was pretty clear, was to ask how this logic works? That those of us who have called many decisions bad and been proven right deserve to be told over and over again that we're flawed humans for having those opinions? But anyone who said we were stupid for daring to say such things should continue to do so, and be, what, celebrated for it? Yeah, I don't take that seriously.

Personally, since this is a football message board, I would think it's main purpose is to share, discuss and debate actual football opinions, rather than using it mock people for having the gall to have said opinions. 

But maybe that's just me.  

Audacity level: 💯 

Are you really pretending that you utilize the board solely for discussion and debate, without mocking people?

C’mon man.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Bantu said:

I watched the clip from Get Up with Schefter saying what he did and all he did was recap what we all witnessed on Twitter with Daniel's agent. You guys did a better job on this thread of recapping the blow by blow. Did not seem like he was passing on information fed to him. Makes me think Schefty & Co. getting frustrated with not being plugged in to this org like he used to be. 

He also reported that he was told that the Daniels camp was upset by the Commanders process because they basically didn't already have him penciled in as their pick at #2. Do you think he completely made that up?

Edited by mistertim

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Are you really pretending that you utilize the board solely for discussion and debate, without mocking people?

C’mon man.

Yeah but usually, Rufus and others are funny when they do it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2

9 minutes ago, mistertim said:

If so, the dude should be fired, like, yesterday because he's making his client look really bad.

FWIW, the agent who responded to Schefter today (Ira Turner) was not the same guy previously identifed as Daniels' agent and who posted the emojis/etc (Ron Butler), although both are with the same agency.

1 minute ago, Dah-Dee said:

FWIW, the agent who responded to Schefter today (Ira Turner) was not the same guy previously identifed as Daniels' agent and who posted the emojis/etc (Ron Butler), although both are with the same agency.

Yeah, that's why I think they're probably in hardcore damage control mode right now. I mean...how do you say "fake news" when the tweets are literally right there?  :ols: 

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

I don't know about all the peripheral BS. I just know that I'm 100% on board w/ Adam Peters and the boys to sift through it all and make the right decision. 

Do they go

more upside, more boom/bust, inconsistent breakout age king, future Herbert Allen clone: Drake Maye

Or do they go

Higher floor, more complete today,  possible diva injury waiting to happen... more refined Lamar: Jayden Daniels

It's proved to be a pretty fun draft season.

• Like 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Not loving the Drama surrounding Jayden Daniels and his agent/family the last couple of the days.  Wonder how the team feels about it. 

I would think there’s a good chance they don’t really care.

But imo it could be bc the drama is coming from the fact that there’s a REASON they don’t care, that Daniels’ camp doesn’t like…

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I don't know of anyone who claims to be smarter or know more than FO people. It's a completely bad faith way to belittle people's opinions. Because that's what they are, opinions. Opinions about football players. You should be able to express the opinion that a move could be a mistake without someone straw manning the claim that you think you know everything.

And, again, it's disingenuous  at that. Many of the same people who will tell you you are a fool to think you know if a draft pick is a mistake would have been perfectly fine doing the same to Rivera last year. Rivera who had access to way more information than any of us had and whole professional Front Office at his disposal. We could have called him anything we wanted, but we can't disagree with anything Peters does, because we don't have access t all the info he has? How does that work?

While we're trying to square some logic circles, how many of us were called idiots on this board for, say, thinking signing Albert Haynesworth was a mistake? How about Donovan McNabb? Jay Gruden? Dwayne Haskins? Carson Wentz? I was called every name in the book here for thinking I knew enough to call them mistakes. So were many other posters here. So, how does that work? The people who said I was stupid for thinking I knew those things were mistakes can stand up again and tell me how dumb I am for thinking something else is a mistake? Sure, I should definitely take that seriously. 

People are just simply questioning whether the move is right or wrong and what's wrong with that?  That's correct in some posts here.  But some posts go well beyond that.

When people are saying with an absolute tone that they know this player is good and that player is bad while ranting about how they'd be one foot out the door on the front office if they don't take the player they want -- that's not making the point that the FO could be wrong and they can be wrong. It's a crap shoot either way.  They are making the case that they know better. 

And in some of these cases, those same people have spoken in that same tone before.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mistertim said:

Yeah, that's why I think they're probably in hardcore damage mode right now. I mean how do you say "fake news" when the tweets are literally right there?  :ols: 

To be fair, not liking the process and thinking that the visit didn’t go well are not tied together.

I think it’s a big fat nothing burger. I think Jayden truly believes he was number 2, the agency probably would have loved if it were already in the bag, and the process wasn’t that. 

People are running with this one wayyyy too much. We wouldn’t tell Jayden or his agency he’s not the pick so it’s not that. And if he really didn’t want to go to Washington, why not just come out and say it? Are they really going to chance it to someone from the agency creating controversy by liking a couple tweets? Much better ways to sabotage yourself out of going to Washington. 

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

C’mon man.

Actually what I said is what the main purpose of the board is. And I also said mocking people for the fact of having opinions. 

I don't know what you're trying to accomplish here, and really don't care. It's ridiculous, and whatever it is you're not even attempting do it with any level of good faith. 

I actually remember having good conversations with you in the past, but this isn't one of them and it has zero purpose, so I won't bother with it any more. Have a good day. 

I now officially have diva concerns about Daniels. Whether it's him, his mom, his agent... all of those people are going to be in his ear for the long term. There is a sense of entitlement coming from his camp. It's a red flag about his willingness to compete.

Remember Nick Allegretti's press conference after he signed? This is a Super Bowl-starting champion who said he wanted to be the starting LG but that he didn't want it handed to him, he wanted to compete and win the spot. You, me, his agent, all knew he was signed to be the starting LG, but the point is he valued the process of proving himself and winning the spot outright. All he wanted was the opportunity. This is a Super Bowl champion coming to a bottom-dwelling team with a crap OL.

Contrast that with Jayden who has never taken an NFL snap feeling miffed about an open, competitive process. Whining about wanting to "go to a team that believes in him". Screw that.

Meanwhile, Maye has seen himself go from the consensus QB2 to QB3 and some say even lower. He's gone from a blue chip prospect to someone everybody in media thinks can't even start week 1. For a super competitive kid, I can imagine that would piss him off. But he doesn't have his agent or his publicist airing out rebuttals. He just keeps his head down, put 70 throws in his pro day workout, and has gone thru the process.

And the crazy thing is that Drake is younger. But to me, there is a notable contrast there demeanor-wise and I think it's meaningful.

• Like 12
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Conn said:

Schefter just reported it on national television. And he wasn’t referencing an emoji, he was reporting Daniels’ and his agent’s feelings about the visit process. Schefter is a high hit rate guy, and nobody from Daniels’ camp is disavowing any of the noise around this for two days now. It’s real. 

I heard the audio of him on McAfee. It was a hedge-your-bets moment for Shefty. #1. He's had Daniels to Washington. #2. Daniels since the outset has preferred something like playing for his old coach Pierce in LV. #3. Washington has the pick to take him if they want him. So.....go to #1.

Compared the calm and not showing their cards presser from yesterday. This feels like Shefty is hearing this stuff for sure..... just nothing from inside the org right now.

Edited by @DCGoldPants

3 minutes ago, TurningTheCorner said:

To be fair, not liking the process and thinking that the visit didn’t go well are not tied together.

I think it’s a big fat nothing burger. I think Jayden truly believes he was number 2, the agency probably would have loved if it were already in the bag, and the process wasn’t that. 

People are running with this one wayyyy too much. We wouldn’t tell Jayden or his agency he’s not the pick so it’s not that. And if he really didn’t want to go to Washington, why not just come out and say it? Are they really going to chance it to someone from the agency creating controversy by liking a couple tweets? Much better ways to sabotage yourself out of going to Washington. 

Not liking the process is ok, but whining about it publicly (even through your agent) is a really bad look and complaining about not automatically being granted the 2nd overall pick (again, even if it's through your agent) screams entitlement.

And of course you think it's a nothing burger, you basically joined this site to cheer for Jayden Daniels.  :ols:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Hardcore damage control over a 🤔

Yall are really something else

If they're not in damage control mode why did another agent from the same firm quickly get on Twitter and say "FAKE NEWS!" to something that clearly happened?

I think they know this looks pretty damn bad. Maybe they hoped it wouldn't have legs but it certainly appears to.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, mistertim said:

He also reported that he was told that the Daniels camp was upset by the Commanders process because they basically didn't already have him penciled in as their pick at #2. Do you think he completely made that up?

Was just saying what I heard him say in the clip from Get Up from this morning, which is what I thought was being referenced in the past few pages. He never said that he was told anything and his exact words were "What didn't seem to go over too well with the Agent for Jayden Daniels... who sounded off on social media last night, wasn't pleased with the process"

I might be missing the other clip/tweet where Schefter clearly said he's being told something by Daniel's camp if that is what you're referencing

Edited by Bantu

Just now, mistertim said:

Not liking the process is ok, but whining about it publicly (even through your agent) is a really bad look and complaining about not automatically being granted the 2nd overall pick (again, even if it's through your agent) screams entitlement.

And of course you think it's a nothing burger, you basically joined this site to cheer for Jayden Daniels.  :ols:

I joined the board because we are at a critical juncture in our franchises history with competency throughout the organization.

I prefer Daniels. I really like Maye. If Mayes agent did this I’d say the same thing lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I now officially have diva concerns about Daniels. Whether it's him, his mom, his agent... all of those people are going to be in his ear for the long term. There is a sense of entitlement coming from his camp. It's a red flag about his willingness to compete.

Remember Nick Allegretti's press conference after he signed? This is a Super Bowl-starting champion who said he wanted to be the starting LG but that he didn't want it handed to him, he wanted to compete and win the spot. You, me, his agent, all knew he was signed to be the starting LG, but the point is he valued the process of proving himself and winning the spot outright. All he wanted was the opportunity. This is a Super Bowl champion coming to a bottom-dwelling team with a crap OL.

Contrast that with Jayden who has never taken an NFL snap feeling miffed about an open, competitive process. Whining about wanting to "go to a team that believes in him". Screw that.

Meanwhile, Maye has seen himself go from the consensus QB2 to QB3 and some say even lower. He's gone from a blue chip prospect to someone everybody in media thinks can't even start week 1. For a super competitive kid, I can imagine that would piss him off. But he doesn't have his agent or his publicist airing out rebuttals. He just keeps his head down, put 70 throws in his pro day workout, and has gone thru the process.

And the crazy thing is that Drake is younger. But to me, there is a notable contrast there demeanor-wise and I think it's meaningful.

From what I've heard and read Daniels is a good dude.  Very likeable, humble and coachable.

But his mom clearly is a red flag though and it feels like his agent is incompetent, too.   Grant talked to an agent about Daniels agent and what he learmed was Daniels agent is a bit small time and he's breaking the cardinal rule for agents which is don't become a problem for your client.

No red flags as far as I've heard on Maye.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, Bantu said:

Was just saying what I heard him say in the clip from Get Up from this morning, which is what I thought was being referenced in the past few pages. He never said that he was told anything and his exact words were "What didn't seem to go over too well with the Agent for Jayden Daniels... who sounded off on social media last night, wasn't pleased with the process"

I might be missing the other clip/tweet where Schefter clearly said he's being told something by Daniel's camp if that is what you're referencing