Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread (Same Day Edition): WTF vs. New Orleans

KDawg

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

On another note. I think we are the worst team in the NFL.  

The Giants are starting to play better.  They beat the Saints in NO.  At least thus far they are hanging with Dallas without Jones and Barkley and B. Martinez and Slayton and Shepard.  Though they are poised to lose.  Kadrius Toney has started slowly but had a big game last week, made a nice play a few minutes ago.  Golladay looks like a good FA signing.  Andrew Thomas is becoming the player some of us in the draft thread expected him to become.  The young pass rusher they took in the last draft has been decent. 

The Eagles beating the Panthers doesn't surprise me.  The Panthers have had a soft schedule.  Some expected them to fall back to earth.  I know think Darnold has been rehabbed.  Will see I am staying skeptical until the sample size increases.  177 yards for Darnold and 3 picks.  The Eagles defense is pretty good.

Dallas looks stacked.  Though as i am tyinging this Elliot got banged up. 

Na the Jags are worse. Much worse. Texans, Lions, and Jets probably are too.

We're firmly on pace for a top 5 pick.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

This might sound weird but plays like that don't bother me. If the other guy just outplays or outcoaches you then fine, I accept that.

But the big plays are just flat out confusion/miscommunication. They are self inflicted mistakes. Those CAN'T happen. If the other guy is better than you than fine, but we are just shooting ourselves in the foot way too often.

Agree, yeah for example the Hail Mary.  I was afraid the Saints would score because I'd put my money on the opposing WR versus any of our CBs or safeties save Kam Curl on anything contested.  And the broken coverages with WRs streaking across the field wide open just look ridiculous.

Can you imagine Tyreek Hill and Mahomes against that clown show?  I'd just keep throwing deep.

3 minutes ago, clietas said:

Worse than DUVAL!!!!!? 🤨

Nope, meant to say EAST, I corrected myself, that's why I mentioned in the same post the Giants and the Eagles. 

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I mistyped it.  I meant to say East.  I talked about every team in the East for that reason in the same post.

As I am typing this, Diggs with his 6th pick of the year, I'd kill to have a player like that in the secondary.  

• Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

On another note. I think we are the worst team in the NFC East.  Lol, sorry I said NFL initially.  Meant NFC East.  Not that we are hot compared to the rest of the league but I wouldn't say they are the worst.   But worst in the East, IMO yes.   

The Giants are starting to play better.  They beat the Saints in NO.  At least thus far they are hanging with Dallas without Jones and Barkley and B. Martinez and Slayton and Shepard.  Though they are poised to lose.  Kadrius Toney has started slowly but had a big game last week, made a nice play a few minutes ago.  Golladay looks like a good FA signing.  Andrew Thomas is becoming the player some of us in the draft thread expected him to become.  The young pass rusher they took in the last draft has been decent. 

The Eagles beating the Panthers doesn't surprise me.  The Panthers have had a soft schedule.  Some expected them to fall back to earth.  I know think Darnold has been rehabbed.  Will see I am staying skeptical until the sample size increases.  177 yards for Darnold and 3 picks.  The Eagles defense is pretty good.

Dallas looks stacked.  Though as i am tyinging this Elliot got banged up. 

Toney's quickness and ability to make cuts like this at full speed is special

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Not as bad.  But it wouldn't shock me if we end up with a worse record than some of those teams because of our schedule.  We are about to hit the hard part of the schedule.  

I know some think the East will be the easy part.  Maybe so.  But I am not convinced we sweep the Giants or beat the Eagles.  I think we are totally overmatched by Dallas.   

As far as winnable games:  the 2 against the Eagles but they could easily beat us, too.  Giants?  We beat the Giants by one point at home, do we sweep them now? 

Maybe the Raiders, Panthers, Denver. All of those teams though have winning records so they are no gimmies. 

The Texans have Miami, the Jets and the Jaguars still to play. 

The Jets schedule doesn't look hard, among other things they got the Jaguars, Dolphins twice

The Lions lost some tight games to the Ravens, Vikings and 49ers.  They might be able to beat some lesser opponents.

We have the toughest strength of schedule left. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 6.37.08 PM.png

• Sad 1

Yeah the schedule is rough but there is so much randomness in the NFL. The Eagles won in Carolina today. The Giants won in New Orleans last week. It wouldn't shock me if we won in Green Bay for example(not that I'm expecting it).

I think we'll finish 5-12. But I have no idea who we'll beat.

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah the schedule is rough but there is so much randomness in the NFL. The Eagles won in Carolina today. The Giants won in New Orleans last week. It wouldn't shock me if we won in Green Bay for example(not that I'm expecting it).

I think we'll finish 5-12. But I have no idea who we'll beat.

Agree about the randomness.   But I can't recall a schedule this daunting.  I think they will steal a game in this mix but I doubt we steal a few unless they start playing much better.  

But I personally don't think the Saints are good or Carolina.  Carolina looked great against the Jets and the Texans, heck I think even this team might have as well.  

With Golladay and Toney hitting their stide it seems, I think the rematch with the Giants will look more daunting than it did round 1.  I dount Jones is going to be out forever.  Looks like a concussion, I'd guess 2-3 weeks. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, dyst said:

L4. Our WRs once again are weak. Beside Terry, we have no one. Curtis needs to be shelved. Dyami is a one trick pony without a trick. Humphries is missing in action and Sims has been hurt.

I thought Humphries had his best day today.  Made some good plays.  He wouldn't be on the list of problems today.  He came to play.

27 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I’m bummed about Cosmi going down.  Hopefully he’s week to week.

They need to play Everett, Curl, and Reaves at safety next week.   I’m done with Collins and McCain. You can print that, Bobby.

JP Finlay Mitch and Pete were saying this also.  I’m all for putting in Reaves and Everett.  They can’t do any worse.

50 minutes ago, dyst said:

L4. Our WRs once again are weak. Beside Terry, we have no one. Curtis needs to be shelved. Dyami is a one trick pony without a trick. Humphries is missing in action and Sims has been hurt.

I thought Humphries had his best day today.  Made some good plays.  He wouldn't be on the list of problems today.  He came to play.

3 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Not necessarily a problem but more he’s been a waste signing so far.

Our offense had this game on a silver platter in the first half. If I’m not mistakes they had 2 turnovers from the defense and started at the opposing 40 twice and got 6 points. And 2 more drives reaching the saints 35 and came up with zero on those 2 drives. Then the Hail Mary which sucked all the life out of them.