Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Jon Gruden used racist comment in referring to NFLPA head DeMaurice Smith in 2011 email

zCommander

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32362483/report-jon-gruden-used-racist-comment-referring-nflpa-head-demaurice-smith-2011-email

Gruden can blame Dan for his demise... 😂

"Gruden’s alleged email was discovered during an investigation of more than 650,000 emails by those in and around the NFL after the recent workplace misconduct investigation of the Washington Football Team."

Edited by zskins
  • Haha 3

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/11/sports/football/what-did-jon-gruden-say.html

When the vaunted N.F.L. coach Jon Gruden was confronted with a racist email he had sent in 2011 to insult the head of the players’ union, he said he went too far but didn’t have “a blade of racism” in him.

But league officials as part of a separate workplace misconduct investigation that did not directly involve him have found that Gruden, now the coach of the Las Vegas Raiders, casually and frequently unleashed misogynistic and homophobic language over several years to denigrate people around the game and to mock some of the league’s momentous changes.

Gruden’s messages were sent to Bruce Allen, the former president of the Washington Football Team

Brucifer still dishing dirt methinks. 🤣

• Haha 2

It was probably the POS owner Dan's attorneys that leaked the emails to throw the spotlight off of him.

And, surprises me ZERO that Bruce was involved in this.  The corruption of our owner is just sad.  I say that because Dan hired, him, kept him here and let him do whatever he wanted.  And, Dan knew.  Bruce probably came into his office and talked to him about the emails.

Edited by Fred Jones
  • Like 1

Obviously he had to go because those emails are unacceptable but let’s not pretend like the NFL or NFLPA are a moral compass.  We’ve had animal abusers, murderers, sexual offenders, domestic abusers, etc remain in the league.  

side note they mentioned Bruce Allen.  We’re not even playing and we’re getting embarrassed on prime time. 

• Like 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

If I set my entire carrer on fire and basically 100% made it impossible to ever coach/broadcast/etc. in the football world again, I'm sure as hell not leaving 70 million on the table and resigning.  I'm forcing the owner to fire me and collect checks the next 7 years.

He had to go, no doubt, but I am very suprised he didn't force them to fire him.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Fred Jones said:

It was probably the POS owner Dan's attorneys that leaked the emails to throw the spotlight off of him.

And, surprises me ZERO that Bruce was involved in this.  The corruption of our owner is just sad.  I say that because Dan hired, him, kept him here and let him do whatever he wanted.  And, Dan knew.  Bruce probably came into his office and talked to him about the emails.

What spotlight?  Is anyone even talking about the WFT investigation anymore?

15 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

If I set my entire carrer on fire and basically 100% made it impossible to ever coach/broadcast/etc. in the football world again, I'm sure as hell not leaving 70 million on the table and resigning.  I'm forcing the owner to fire me and collect checks the next 7 years.

He had to go, no doubt, but I am very suprised he didn't force them to fire him.

I’d bet that him resigning was part of a quickly negotiated settlement.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Other a settlement or he generally felt remorse for his comments.  Maybe both.  I’m fully convinced the league knew.  Hell even the NFLPA and owners.  Someone leaked it and they all distanced.  Look at what the league, NFLPA, owners, etc have protected.  They totally knew. 

23 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

7 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I’d bet that him resigning was part of a quickly negotiated settlement.

I'd bet they walked up to him and told him he could save face and resign, or he could be fired under conduct detrimental to team which would absolve the Raider's from paying him.

He is not gonna see any more $$$ from the Raiders

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

I'd bet they walked up to him and told him he could save face and resign, or he could be fired under conduct detrimental to team which would absolve the Raider's from paying him.

He is not gonna see any more $$$ from the Raiders

I wonder if, after the past two years, Davis didn’t have buyer’s remorse and is fine with this result.

• Like 1