Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2021 Positivity Thread

Malapropismic Depository

We had one of these threads, each of the last 2 years, so it almost started to become a tradition.

But for some reason, it hasn't happened this year. At least, I couldn't find one, when I searched.

But it's very much needed. There's a lot of negativity, for a team that's 1-2, with 14 games remaining.

So in this thread, negativity is strrrrrictly prohibited.

This is a haven for those fans to escape the doom and gloom, and into experience pure alacrity and zeal on the team's outlook.

Any negativity will be met with the severe discipline of positivity and kindness.

So to get it started, let's remember that our playoff push, just less than a year ago, was the result of a late season surge. In fact, that's how it's happened virtually every time we've made the playoffs ; a slow start, then we get things rolling in the 2nd half of the season.

The first and 2nd halves of seasons are almost like 2 different seasons, the way some teams start out fast and then fizzle, or they start out slow, and then surge at the end.

And it's usually the ones that surge at the end, that make the playoffs.

All of this, really reduces the forlorn outlook, that seems the automatic reaction whenever we start out slow.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

Season is a marathon, and not a sprint, of course. And with players with never-ending motors, like that of Chase Young, I like to think the team has the endurance for a marathon.

These guys are not quitters, as we've seen.

Maybe the tough times actually makes them better.

Maybe they just needed a wake-up call.

• Like 1

This Sunday, there's a very good chance that we're the only team in the division that wins.

The other 3 teams have very tough games, and by comparison, ours is quite a bit easier - on paper.

Philly plays KC

Dallas plays Carolina

Giants play New Orleans

By comparison, Atlanta is much more winnable, in theory.

17 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Season is a marathon, and not a sprint, of course. And with players with never-ending motors, like that of Chase Young, I like to think the team has the endurance for a marathon.

These guys are not quitters, as we've seen.

Maybe the tough times actually makes them better.

Maybe they just needed a wake-up call.

• Like 1

There's still some hope roster wise for us.  Curtis Samuel will add a lot and then we can use Dyami Brown in smaller roles more suited to his current strengths as he develops more.  Jamin Davis getting more and more snaps as Bostic gets less.

Heinicke isn't a world beater, but he's better than he looked against Buffalo...which wasn't that bad...unless it's a recurring feature.

O-line is getting better.

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Just need some tweaking.

Especially now that we're more familiar with our player's strengths, like Hopkins kickoff catch, and Heinicke's catch, too.

Hopkins could play nickel corner, and Heinicke could play some WR, on a trick play with Logan Thomas at QB, kind of like the Taysom Hill Offense

I'd like to see more fake punts with Tress Way throwing the ball. Guy is great at that too!

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

We have tested this post, and the results have come back.

It tested POSITIVE for Negativity.

So DiscoBob, remember what your Disco lyrics say about our team...

Stayin Alive, Stayin Alive. Yea, Yea. Stayin Aliiiiiiiiiiiive.

Stayin Alive GIF by Bee Gees

I'm POSITIVE that this post is awesome, and I'm POSITIVE that it is reacting to another post that is POSITIVELY correct :)

And the more accurate song to quote...

(Burn baby burn) burn that mother down y'all

(Burn baby burn) disco inferno

(Burn baby burn) burn that mother down

Edited by DiscoBob
More cowbell
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I am positive there will ****ing and moaning during the game.

I am positive that won’t happen if the team puts a complete game together in all 3 phases and wins decisively (not just talking about this game but any game). 

i bet nobody was whining in the 3rd and 4th quarter of the thanksgiving game last season :) why? Because we won decisively