Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at The Third Forgotten NY Football Team

TK

7 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

Hasletts D were all terrible....can't believe you would even bring this man up in a positive way at all.

Didnt we make the playoffs the year he started bringing the heat after we sucked ass in passive D for the first 8 weeks? IIRC it started by attacking the Rookie Wentz and we went on a run to make the loffs. Yes, with Madieu at safety. We let him attack vs read and get abused.

12 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Yeah. I know. They're all trash and can only dominate CFL-level teams until they start beating good teams and then they will and everyone here will be all like "I love those guys" and "never doubted" and "we're so lucky to have them" wash, rinse, repeat blah blah blah. 

Well yea, why would anyone praise a bad unit? It only makes sense to praise them if they play well.

• Thumb up 1

Rivera doesn't say that "what do you do next week" quote if the next team isn't the Falcons. He knows they're going to look better than this week so it's a safe quote. The reality is, they're probably still going to look bad, but not as bad due to the talent difference between the Bills and Falcons. 

The coaching staff still doesn't think there's an actual problem with the defense and it's annoying. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

5 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Rivera doesn't say that "what do you do next week" quote if the next team isn't the Falcons. He knows they're going to look better than this week so it's a safe quote. 

It's safe in some sense.  But as much as I want to see how they bounce back next week, I also think the season is likely shot if they lose.   We beat the Giants by a point at home.  Giants lost at home to the Falcons today by 3 points.  This isn't a gimmie game.   They should win but it might not be easy.

I watched Rivera's Amazon special as for one of the Carolina's seasons, my impression from it is love him or not love Rivera, i think he's a honest dude and genuiely believes in what he says.   I doubt he's thinking for example we will eke by the Falcons and then get smoked the next 6 weeks but I just want to buy myself one week of good will before it goes all to hell. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

It's safe in some sense.  But as much as I want to see how they bounce back next week, I also think the season is likely shot if they lose.   We beat the Giants by a point at home.  Giants lost at home to the Falcons today by 3 points.  This isn't a gimmie game.   They should win but it might not be easy.

I watched Rivera's Amazon special as for the season, love him or not love Rivera, i think he's a honest dude and genuiely believes in what he says.   I dount he's thinking for example we will eke by the Falcons and then get smoked the next 6 weeks but I just want to buy myself one week of good will before it goes all to hell. 

I agree with you here. We can't confidently say we are better than any team remaining on our schedule. Right now we are on par with the Giants and Falcons but either one of them could beat us. We shouldn't be favored in any games going forward, I don't want to be negative, I think that's just being realistic though. 

I'm having a REALLY hard time believing anything good will come from this season. We don't have a QB, and now it seems we don't even have a flippin defense. The feeling of regression is extremely shocking and exhausting.

Solutions to problems never end up being actual solutions with this team.

And yet I shall return to them again next week... FML

• Like 1

Just now, Burgundy Yoda said:

You can only base an opinion off of what's being said, anything else is speculation. 

So you honestly think Ron truly believes that the defense isn't a problem right now after watching them get decimated in embarrassing fashion because he didn't come out and explicitly say it?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I agree with you here. We can't confidently say we are better than any team remaining on our schedule. Right now we are on par with the Giants and Falcons but either one of them could beat us. We shouldn't be favored in any games going forward, I don't want to be negative, I think that's just being realistic though. 

OK gotcha.  My point is I am not cynical about Rivera's integrity as for what he says and why.    On that variable specifically to me he's as good as Gibbs.  Both are really straightforward and honest.

I genuinely don't know if they bounce back and play better or not.  But I do think the players-coaching staff if they needed a wake up call, are now woken.  I had some doubts they were woken after the Giants game but I got little doubt on that front now. 

Just now, PartyPosse said:

So you honestly think Ron truly believes that the defense isn't a problem right now after watching them get decimated in embarrassing fashion because he didn't come out and explicitly say it?

I dont know what Ron believes behind closed doors and neither do you, but I do know his quote sounds like he's brushing off how bad they've been to me. These aren't "simple mistakes adding up"

5 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I dont know what Ron believes behind closed doors and neither do you, but I do know his quote sounds like he's brushing off how bad they've been to me. These aren't "simple mistakes adding up"

Ok, but do you honestly, truly believe that Ron and the coaching staff don't think there's a problem on the defensive side of the ball?

Edited by PartyPosse

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

OK gotcha.  My point is I am not cynical about Rivera's integrity as for what he says and why.    On that variable specifically to me he's as good as Gibbs.  Both are really straightforward and honest.

I genuinely don't know if they bounce back and play better or not.  But I do think the players-coaching staff if they needed a wake up call, are now woken.  I had some doubts they were woken after the Giants game but I got little doubt on that front now. 

I don't question Rivera's honesty at all. I question the schemes we run and his faith in his coordinators. I'm not an expert on schemes by any means but there seems to be issues adjusting on Del Rio's behalf. He has clearly been figured out and I get the feeling he isn't one to adjust a defense accordingly during the season.