Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things defense

ThomasRoane

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Good god no. We keep playing zone, keep blitzing and crashing the pocket and keep safeties over the top.

Agree.  Desean isn't just about his speed but he's more importantly the master of double moves and ball tracking.  Watching Jackson try to cover Terry in training camp was comical -- it wasnt even fair.  Terry owned him.  Granted training camp is different. 

But I think almost ANY CB playing tight man versus Desean and certaintly W Jackson in that mix would get destroyed for some big plays. 

I am a bit worried.  I was at the Monday Massacre game when Desean destroyed us.  I'll be at the Vegas game this Sunday.

Though I was at the Tampa games years back where they did somewhat contain Desean but it was comical how far off they played him.  They gave him 10-12 yards.  Basically making the statement that you can beat us with short stuff if so you choose but we will not let him beat us deep. 

Plenty of fast receivers, as fast or faster than Desean end up "meh" as deep threats.  Desean is special on that front for reasons that go beyond just speed. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree.  Desean isn't just about his speed but he's more importantly the master of double moves and ball tracking.  Watching Jackson try to cover Terry in training camp was comical -- it wasnt even fair.  Terry owned him.  Granted training camp is different. 

But I think almost ANY CB playing tight man versus Desean and certaintly W Jackson in that mix would get destroyed for some big plays. 

I am a bit worried.  I was at the Monday Massacre game when Desean destroyed us.  I'll be at the Vegas game this Sunday.

Though I was at the Tampa games years back where they did somewhat contain Desean but it was comical how far off they played him.  They gave him 10-12 yards.  Basically making the statement that you can beat with him short if so you choose but we will not let him beat us deep. 

Plenty of fast receivers, as fast or faster than Desean end up "meh" as deep threats.  Desean is special on that front for reasons that go beyond just speed. 

He is still pretty much uncoverable by one person. 

This game has me worried too. Carr could absolutely destroy our secondary. At least Jack knows him as well as anyone, so if he can rattle him, we will. Their Oline and run game isn't great, so we should be able to sell out against the pass and DJax is the only weapon they have right now.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

This game has me worried too. Carr could absolutely destroy our secondary. At least Jack knows him as well as anyone, so if he can rattle him, we will. Their Oline and run game isn't great, so we should be able to sell out against the pass and DJax is the only weapon they have right now.

Yeah its a tough matchup.  Crosby is a beast.  They can bring pressure well.   Hopefully Waller is out.  their offense is uber explosive -- Carr quiety leads the league in passing yards. 

• Like 3

I still don't understand why Collins is still not excited about his new role in which he's actually making plays for us. I thought Seattle was literally the best game I can remember him having in a Washington uniform.  I guess he misses the exercise of running the length of field 10 yds behind receivers for an entire game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Why did  no team want to trade for him...???  I understand him wanting a trade but no takers if "pretty much uncoverable ". His Raiders stats are spotty ..Two big games against the Cowboys and Bucs..the other are pedestrian. I'd watch those 2 games on how NOT to cover DJ....

Edited by The Hangman- C_Hanburger

50 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Juice to IR.  So it's not just Fuller playing well outside, for why Juice hasn't gotten playing time.

Man, that's one helluva a concussion he must have had.  That sucks.  He would be nice to put on Evans when we meet the Buccs in the NFC east championship.

17 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

IMO this is the crux of it, Carr rattles. If we let him settle in he can throw all over the place, but when he gets knocked early n often he gets skittish and it shows.

JDR's gotta get after him right out the gate.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Why did  no team want to trade for him...???  I understand him wanting a trade but no takers if "pretty much uncoverable ". His Raiders stats are spotty ..Two big games against the Cowboys and Bucs..the other are pedestrian. I'd watch those 2 games on how NOT to cover DJ....

Yeah, he does that. Shows up, disappears. Big game, nothing. He's older and injured now, but he can still go wild at times. He's having a better year than Samuels.

1 hour ago, Captain James said:

Landon Collins out on Sunday. Dang. Didn't even know he was hurt!

That's quite a turn-around in sentiment towards Collins.  (Not you in particular, just when was the last time anyone here was upset he was not going to play?)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

That's quite a turn-around in sentiment towards Collins.  (Not you in particular, just when was the last time anyone here was upset he was not going to play?)

It’s funny how things have changed since the bye. Credit to the coaches for making some solid adjustments and credit to Collins for buying in. 

• Like 2

On 12/4/2021 at 5:37 PM, markmills67 said:

What's the chances we give Daron Payne a LTD this off-season?. 

Had another really good game. 

Jamin Davis coming up big too. 

Like where the defense is trending overall. Health is looking like a bit of an issue.