Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things defense

ThomasRoane

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Norman was at least good for a couple of years here. Randle El didn't suck either, he was at least a productive player(overpaid for sure but he wasn't a net negative like Collins).

Norman was paid like the best corner in the league, had one good year where he was average. 

Randle El was a slot receiver before it was a staple of the offense - not on the field that much - and the ST impact never carried over outside a couple nice plays. 

Collins is worse, but he and Norman are comparable to me. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Silvernon said:

To be fair he squeaks in. 

Deion

Haynesworth

Archuleta

Landon

Norman

Trotter

Jeff George

Randle El

Barrow

Brandon Lloyd Bruce Smith

Who am I missing?

Stubbleworth?  Wasn't he the highest paid DT or something at the time of his signing?  Like a record breaking contract?

Jason Hatcher, good when healthy, but signing a 32 year old to that much money and expecting health is just a boneheaded move.

Paul Richardson.  Super injured WR that had one decent season playing scramble drill with Russell Wilson...then went immediately back to being super injured.

Jammal Brown, traded a 3rd rounder for him, immediately gave him a too rich contract...and he was coming off a bad knee injury and never looked the same.  Still a solid player, but nowhere worth a 3rd rounder and that contract.

Norman was elite for 1.5 seasons, then got hurt, came back too soon and his play started falling off.  So it feels weird putting him on there.  He was as advertised for a bit, which is different from others on that list who were busts from Day 1 or near enough.

2 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Stubbleworth?  Wasn't he the highest paid DT or something at the time of his signing?  Like a record breaking contract?

Jason Hatcher, good when healthy, but signing a 32 year old to that much money and expecting health is just a boneheaded move.

Paul Richardson.  Super injured WR that had one decent season playing scramble drill with Russell Wilson...then went immediately back to being super injured.

Jammal Brown, traded a 3rd rounder for him, immediately gave him a too rich contract...and he was coming off a bad knee injury and never looked the same.  Still a solid player, but nowhere worth a 3rd rounder and that contract.

Norman was elite for 1.5 seasons, then got hurt, came back too soon and his play started falling off.  So it feels weird putting him on there.  He was as advertised for a bit, which is different from others on that list who were busts from Day 1 or near enough.

Stubblefield was the 90s. 

Hatcher and Richardson are two good additions to the list. 

1 minute ago, Silvernon said:

Collins is worse, but he and Norman are comparable to me. 

There is no way that Collins and Norman are comparable.  This is Collins 3rd season.  We can't even point to a stretch of good play from him.  He was a Day 1 bust.

Just now, Silvernon said:

Stubblefield was the 90s.

Oh was he?  Everything gets blurred together from way back when.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Obviously, athletes at this level have a lot of pride, but I'm thinking it's a better look to just take it on the chin and say you'll do whatever for the team vs. express your displeasure.  When you've been on the losing end of so many plays all season long, I would guess your pride has already taken a huge hit - why make it worse by telling all the people who have watched you stink at safety, that you should be playing safety.

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Can someone correct me on where Jeremy Reaves is? Is he unemployed, on our practice squad, or signed by somebody else?

On his couch running a twitter.

5 minutes ago, Silvernon said:

I'd take him on the field on that Hail Mary vs the Saints over Collins. 

I was just kidding about Apke, but you're right on that one.

• Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, Silvernon said:

To be fair he squeaks in. 

Deion

Haynesworth

Archuleta

Landon

Norman

Trotter

Jeff George

Randle El

Barrow

Brandon Lloyd Bruce Smith

Who am I missing?

Who was the CB that we had that kept getting suspended for pot or some ****, that didn’t even play 1 down? 

also, Robert Royal. There wasn’t even an update after his dinner at that steak place with Snyder and vinny. That was just sad 😂 (rumor has it he’s still waiting there to this day) 

10 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Who was the CB that we had that kept getting suspended for pot or some ****, that didn’t even play 1 down? 

also, Robert Royal. There wasn’t even an update after his dinner at that steak place with Snyder and vinny. That was just sad 😂 (rumor has it he’s still waiting there to this day) 

Are you thinking of Tanard Jackson, the safety?

Who was the Falcons rb Gibbs II traded a 3rd for (IIRC)?  Was it a washed up Jamal Anderson?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I think we're good sticking with zampese and Turner for a while. Good stability to grow with.

I am not concerned with them... more RR and JDR.

And I think we can all finally admit Bill Callahan sucked ass here. It was hard to watch during his entire tenure here, our OL would get consistently beat on almost every stunt. Never trusted him after I heard about his superbowl "game plan". Equally hard to watch, our DL never trying stunts while seeing it working on our OL weekly.

Edited by RandyHolt

6 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I am not concerned with them... more RR and JDR.

And I think we can all finally admit Bill Callahan sucked ass here. It was hard to watch during his entire tenure here, our OL would get consistently beat on almost every stunt. Never trusted him after I heard about his superbowl "game plan". Equally hard to watch, our DL never trying stunts while seeing it working on our OL weekly.

Ron just let's his offensive guys do their thing which I like. He's not calling plays on either side. I was never a Callahan fan.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Are you thinking of Tanard Jackson, the safety?

Who was the Falcons rb Gibbs II traded a 3rd for (IIRC)?  Was it a washed up Jamal Anderson?

Yes tanard that’s who i was thinking of. 

jamal Anderson....hmm. Well, couldn’t have been him, since he played from 1994-2001, all in Atlanta. i do remember a washed up Chiefs RB being with us, maybe 2010? He was awful though. Larry Johnson. 

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yes tanard that’s who i was thinking of. 

jamal Anderson....hmm. Well, couldn’t have been him, since he played from 1994-2001, all in Atlanta. i do remember a washed up Chiefs RB being with us, maybe 2010? He was awful though. Larry Johnson. 

Duckett 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After large amounts of alcohol over long periods of time and a few years of psychological reconditioning a person can train their mind to forget about “stuff” like those horrible acquisitions…… 

y’all are making me start drinking again because I now remember them all like it was yesterday 😢 🍻

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1