Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Prediction Thread - 2021 - The Team vs. The Giants

zCommander

Washington - 7, Giants - 24

Offense looks inept because of an O-line incapable of pass blocking. Defense continues to shuffle out thoroughly undisciplined linebackers, safeties, and corners. Rivera is on track to lose his job, though it may start with a mid-season shuffle with Del Rio and Turner losing theirs first.

• Thanks 1

Their OL is getting 2 (or 3?) new starters this week.  Week 1 Center shifts over to LG, and the guy they traded for 2 weeks ago is now the starting Center.  I'm unsure if the week 1 RG starter is the same or if the backup got promoted.  Everything is in flux.

I know we should trust our talented DL and rush 4 a lot for more coverage on the backend.  But at the same time, I want to make life as miserable as possible for that OL and threaten 6 rushers on every play (but usually sending 5).  I want to be aggressive.

The Giants looking terrible in Week 1 would normally give most fans of the opposition confidence.  The problem is the Giants have  looked horrible ever since Daniel Jones was drafted and all they've managed to do in those two seasons is go 4-0 against WFT.  I don't know what it is about these two teams facing each other because the Giants (and Jones) usually go right back to looking mediocre the following week, however for whatever reason Daniel Jones has career games against this defense/secondary.

It will be awesome if the trend is broken tonight and once again we are looking at the teams on paper and it should be a WFT win, but I have little confidence they don't blow it.

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I'm surprised by some of these predictions. 

I'm not high on the Skins, but the Giants look AWFUL. I think the home team wins easily and starts the season 2-2 (winning this and Atlanta while losing at Buffalo). 

This team rarely wins easy. Even against bad teams. 

WTF - 24

Gstrings - 10

This team simply plays better on offense when Heinicke is in there. He'll score points. Giant's D isn't good, and their pass rush is much worse than the Chargers.

WTF D will come out and play better than last week. Gnat's O looks horid against Denver. And I don't think Denver has anything close to a elite defense.