Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Preseason 2021 - Football Team vs. Ravens

zCommander

22 minutes ago, Hdf561 said:

You do you, but I’ve made more money off this team betting against them then for them, you don’t bet with your heart you bet with your head. 

As for you policing the posts for “fans” I’ve been a loyal fan forever I actually have been alive for the super bowl years, so to see a once proud franchise stripped of its dignity, is disheartening to say the least. I’ll be glad if I am wrong, but I won’t be surprised when I’m not. 

I’m gonna say this with absolutely no respect - you are an awful fan. You’re not rooting for the team you’re rooting for yourself. Somehow you’re an embarrassment to an already embarrassing franchise.

21 minutes ago, -JB- said:

They do have backups yes.  Do we have the depth to withstand losing Chase Young or Antonio Gibson?

You are correct, Skins and Ravens are apple and orange comparison.

12 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

I’m not saying dobbins = Gibson. But you would’ve rather won that game and lost a player like him for the year?

Gibson is a whole lot important to us than Dobbins is to them. 

Until we have that kind of depth and talent the Ravens will continue to dominate us.

31 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

My argument is injuries happen. Win games… any and all that keep score.

Even the ones that literally don’t count? I think that’s silly personally but we all have our opinions. 

I would never play for a coach with that attitude after something like this. I’m sure I can’t be alone in that. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 3

15 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

You are correct, Skins and Ravens are apple and orange comparison.

Gibson is a whole lot important to us than Dobbins is to them. 

Until we have that kind of depth and talent the Ravens will continue to dominate us.

I’m not arguing that the ravens are a better team. But do you think it was more important to win that game than to keep our RB1 healthy. To be clear Dobbins was their RB1. They have great depth and yet they have already used up an important card in that deck for a game that counts for nothing.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

3 hours ago, Riggodrill44 said:

The Ravens played (and had an important piece lost for the year) STARTERS.  This game mattered to them. We did not approach it in the same way, at all. None of our starters sniffed the field. Big difference. 

Edited by Riggo'sRangers
  • Like 5

Just so some of you know (who were curious), I went to Raven's board to see how they felt about Dobbin's injury in a preseason game. Here are some excerpts:

NFL needs to ban turf fields as well as knee and lower leg tackles. But they would rather band taunting…

It absolutely sucks, but I am confident in our backups and our scheme. We will still have success on the ground, but I'm sad not seeing JK becoming a top 5 back this year.

Was this a dirty low hit, or am I just bitter?

Basically, they seem like they really don't care or it was somehow our fault.

14 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Just so some of you know (who were curious), I went to Raven's board to see how they felt about Dobbin's injury in a preseason game. Here are some excerpts:

Ban turf fields ?

That happened on grass, not turf

• Like 4

That was a ridiculous comment by the Baltimore poster.  Banning low blocks makes sense and has been done to a degree, but banning low tackles?  Aw, come on.  Maybe they should just play two-hand touch.  And his turf field comment was obviously irrelevant to this injury.

49 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Even the ones that literally don’t count? I think that’s silly personally but we all have our opinions. 

I would never play for a coach with that attitude after something like this. I’m sure I can’t be alone in that. 

You wouldn’t be playing for a lot of coaches. I believe someone just got lost for the season in practice. Injuries unfortunately happen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

Unfortunately injuries are a part of football…always has and always will.  If anything get rid of the preseason all together.  Who honestly gives a **** about winning 20 preseason games in a row? 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

Unfortunately injuries are a part of football…always has and always will.  If anything get rid of the preseason all together.  Who honestly gives a **** about winning 20 preseason games in a row? 

John Harbaugh, obviously.

• Haha 6

51 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

You wouldn’t be playing for a lot of coaches. I believe someone just got lost for the season in practice. Injuries unfortunately happen. 

No I specifically mean when we are playing a team with no starters in and for a meaningless record with the attitude of “we have depth, who cares”. I don’t mean the broadened any injury in preseason. 

I basically mean specifically the Ravens at this point 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

The Ravens played (and had an important piece lost for the year) STARTERS.  This game mattered them. We did not approach it in the same way, at all. None of our starters sniffed the field. Big difference. 

You need to adjust your thought process. We need to be more like the Ravens.

The RB, got hurt. Would it matter if he got hurt in pregame warmup before the first game? 

Trying to avoid injury is futile.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

The RB, got hurt. Would it matter if he got hurt in pregame warmup before the first game? 

Driving is dangerous, but we all do it. Might as well drive drunk since crashing happens. 

Thats how your logic sounds. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

How would it feel if Antonio Gibson played and was injured last night in a meaningless game? Would you feel less optimistic about the upcoming season? Would you be pissed at the coaching staff for playing a key player in a game that means nothing?  I know I would be.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

Pregame warmups and even practices have more control to them. In live game action anything can happen. I'm 100% in agreement with Rivera. In fact I would never play any established starter ANY snaps in preseason. They are completely pointless and there is NO correlation between pre season and regular season.

There was no preseason at all last year and you saw the same guys put up the big #s.

Edited by Warhead36
  • Like 1