Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Preseason 2021 - Football Team vs. Ravens

zCommander

14 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

The highlight of the game was that girl dancing in the stand (I assume you got the same coverage as me). We were laughing so hard, I said wait until you see the Dance Team. Camera turned to them, we could hardly breath for laughing. Are they not professionals anymore? They look like they literally came in off the street.

And those uniforms!

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

The highlight of the game was that girl dancing in the stand (I assume you got the same coverage as me). We were laughing so hard, I said wait until you see the Dance Team. Camera turned to them, we could hardly breath for laughing. Are they not professionals anymore? They look like they literally came in off the street.

And those uniforms!

I think it will take a little while before top dance talent finds it’s way back to Washington. I mean, cheerleading does have nice perks, but the pay is awful, the hours are long, and given the cloud Snyder caused why would anyone want to be part of that unit?

35 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

And those uniforms!

I  

We went to the Cincy game and that "Dance Team" to which you're referring is called "WET"   Washington Entertainment Team.  It's much, much worse, in person.

When they trotted out and started off with that discombobulated St Vitus dance, uncoordinated flopping around on the field in those sad "uniforms", I had to look away in embarrassment.

I don't do awkward well.   That was extremely awkward and embarrassing and I sincerely hope that the ****-can the whole thing.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Hdf561 said:

More worried about the guys on the team looking mediocre. Even if they just were not doing anything crazy so other teams can’t scheme against us, history says this team comes out flat for week 1. 

Im all out of optimism over half my life of losing football that’s long gone…with the lack of depth this team is 1 or 2 injuries away from a less than 5 win season 

I think you're going to see a copy of week one from last year. We're going to come out slow and off beat and hopefully get it together by the second half. If they can get it together with Haskins, we can do it with anybody.

27 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

This may have been discussed but I don't want to through all 25 pages, game was bad enough. If Fitz is the presumed starter why no Heiny?

I guess because he has been chosen as the backup to Fitzpatrick, so no reason to play him a lot if there is no longer competition between him and Allen.

27 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

This may have been discussed but I don't want to through all 25 pages, game was bad enough. If Fitz is the presumed starter why no Heiny?

Though Heiny the beerman has good hops, he is not considered stout. I think they like him enough not to risk him to injury. The coaches saw what they needed to see out of him and I really think there is some question in their head about who they would prefer as the third guy.

17 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

I guess because he has been chosen as the backup to Fitzpatrick, so no reason to play him a lot if there is no longer competition between him and Allen.

Yes, and to add to that, it's because the only players who played were players who had not secured their position on the team.  Fitzy is starting, Heinek-eeeee is the backup. Allen's spot on the team and role is not secure, so he played.  (And looked like garbage.)  

Some with the RBs.  Gibby and McKissic didn't play. Barber and Patterson did.  Why?  Because while both MIGHT make the team, it's not certain, and their roles are not set either.

They are probably keeping 4 DTs: Allen, Payne, Ioannidis, and Settle.  None of them played, as far as I can recall.

The list goes on and on.  The guys who were either competing for a role or a position on the team played.

The Raven's treated the game differently.  That's fine.  They treated it more like the traditional 3rd preseason game as more of a dress rehearsal.  That's totally fine and fair.  

Ron treated it as a traditional 4th preseason game.  That's also fine and fair.

Is there one right way of doing things?  No.  At the end of the day, if Ron had trotted out the starters for a few series, would it really have mattered in preparing for the Chargers?  The answer is, nobody knows, and nobody ever will know.

Personally, I really would have liked to have seen Fitzy and the starters get a full half at some point, because I think competition against other players/schemes is helpful.  Shrug.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Joe Gibbs had one flavor in preseason: vanilla.  American vanilla, none of that fancy French stuff.

When you win every year, you get a pass. The Marv Levy Bills never won in preseason. Nobody cares what TB and KC does in preseason. I would have liked to have seen our 1st team offense get some work in because they have not looked particularly good. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Painkiller said:

One of their star players was also seriously injured in a game that could not have less meaning to anyone who isn't trying to make a roster.  I can see both sides of the coin on this one.  Maybe you go into the season firing on all cylinders taking their approach.  Maybe a significant contributor gets hurt in a game that has absolutely nothing to do with how things have shaped up in February.  Maybe if you sit all your starters and play guys who will be working the cash register at Safeway this time next week...you go into the season flat.

I guess we will find out Week 1.    

The Ravens practice and play to win always. We don’t need to wait until week 1. Check out the Ravens records the last 12 years. Now check out ours. 

11 minutes ago, mistertim said:

What depth do they have? They have Gus Edwards who is ok but far from anything special, Justice Hill who is a nobody, and a couple of UDFAs.

Did you not watch every back that touched the ball gash us?

Im not even saying they won’t miss Dobbins but, I’m confident that if Lamar had gotten hurt last night, the Ravens would still have a winning season.

9 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

Im not even saying they won’t miss Dobbins but, I’m confident that if Lamar had gotten hurt last night, the Ravens would still have a winning season.

Cool. So as long as the teams they play only trot out 4th stringers they should be set at the running back position.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

51 minutes ago, -JB- said:

For anybody complaining about all starters sitting.  Dobbins is likely out for the season.

“But we got the record, right coach!?”

21 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

So what’s your argument? That the injury was worth the record setting performance? 

10 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Wait, you bet against them in a preseason game and that’s the only joy you get? Man, you better not be posting around here when they’re riding high. I’m gonna make it my personal mission to never let you forget your pathetic allegiance.

Don’t worry, I’m keeping tabs on all the “fans” that have already basically thrown in the towel.

You do you, but I’ve made more money off this team betting against them then for them, you don’t bet with your heart you bet with your head. 

As for you policing the posts for “fans” I’ve been a loyal fan forever I actually have been alive for the super bowl years, so to see a once proud franchise stripped of its dignity, is disheartening to say the least. I’ll be glad if I am wrong, but I won’t be surprised when I’m not. 

3 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I think you're going to see a copy of week one from last year. We're going to come out slow and off beat and hopefully get it together by the second half. If they can get it together with Haskins, we can do it with anybody.

I hope that’s true….I hope they win the super bowl! I just have been watching this team my entire life and since the late 80’s and right at the early 90’s we haven’t gotten it done and it’s been a calamity of errors, a few flash in the pans but nothing remotely consistent or signs of consistent winning. 

31 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

I watched every back on a team that was basically treating this as a regular season game gash 3rd and 4th stringers who will mostly be out of work on Tuesday.

Settle actually played the whole game. I thought he played well and will definitely make the 53 IMO.

Others who I thought raised their stock (in no particular order);

DL: Toney, Bada, Rotimi.

LB: Kunaszyk, Walker, Norris.

DB: McTyer, Everett, Reaves, Roberts.

TE: Bates.

RB: Williams.

WR: Gandy-Golden, Milne.

McTyer played well and I will be surprised if he doesn't make the team (hope he's OK).

I've read quite a lot of criticism for Kunaszyk, but I thought he played well. He did take a few bad angles to the ball, but still made ten tackles.

I hope that the big German Bada hangs around, he had a sack, and tipped both a pass and a FG attempt.

Bates blocked OK, caught his only target for 13 yards and also played FB for a play.

Norris, Everett, Reaves, and Roberts were making tackles all game.

I think Williams may lose out due to the numbers game, but he had over five yards per carry (is he PS eligible?)

AGG and Milne both make the team; AGG is the big target Fitz likes and Milne is a good WR and looks comfortable as a PR.

Overall it wasn't a good game so when I say that a player did well, it's obviously relative.

• Like 2

Some of my take-aways:

If Kyle Allen or Montez are playing, this team is in serious trouble.

Patterson's pass blocking was pretty good - Barber's is non-existent.

Patterson needs to put some serious time on the jug machine.

AGG and Milne had good games.  AGG a touch better in receptions, Milne a touch better in blocking.  

The level of LB play is frighteningly bad in the depth LB's.

I question the choices of not bringing in a kicker and only signing one UDFA RB after the draft.

:229:The Rook