Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Well I was wrong on that one. 

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It pains me to keep reading about Barnes, one of my fav players in this last draft

I really wanted to double dip at LBer. I liked Bolton, but Barnes or Cox would have been nice.

Edited by Koolblue13

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Well I was wrong on that one. 

I really wanted to double dip at LBer. I liked Bolton, but Barnes or Cox would have been nice.

As for Barber and AGG, I've taken more shots at them in recent weeks than any other player, though didn't hate either guy, but my diatribes were bound to take its toll. :ols:

Yeah I am with you on the LB spot, it was a really good draft to double down.  Barnes really jumped to me about the mid round types, he plays with so much verve. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

AGG getting cut makes me think we only have 6 WR's.

Yeah that's one the beat guys guessed wrong, they thought AGG beats Milne though they said Milne had a shot.  I am glad though they are wrong.  I didn't hate AGG but thought he was more limited than Milne.  Now if they cut Milne for Deandre Carter, I'll be upset. 

I'd add and said it at the time when Rivera asked who played well this preseason, AGG was an omission from him, and he did mention Milne -- and that might be telling?  Still I am surpised. 

I'll give props to Parras from the W.Times if Milne makes it with AGG not.   He predicted that the other day on Standig's podcast.  Standig thought he would end up wrong but saw it as possible. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

wow, I am not a big AGG guy as my posts explained plenty and I liked Milne over him but I am mildly surpised at that one. 

Had to change my response with Carter still out there.  This helps with Milne making the team, I would think.  Surprised we can't get a 7th for any of the players we are having to release but the F.O. make the right decision to keep Milne thus far and it should be with or over Carter, IMO.

Edited by RWJ

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

This all but ensures Milne makes the team, I would think.  Surprised we can't get a 7th for any of the players we are having to release but the F.O. make the right decision to keep Milne.  I am happy.  :)  

Milne's been my guy too as the one I wanted as one of the last roster spots at WR.  I presume they tried to trade AGG and got no takers. 

• Like 2

AGG has some skills that make him an enticing enough waiver grab for someone, but I wouldn’t say that he has “rare athletic traits”, this isn’t a DK Metcalf type freak who just needs to put it together. Not even a Dorial Green-Beckham type athlete. He’s tall and raw, he has some ball skills. But he doesn’t have any rare athletic traits, NFL-wise, other than his height.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd add and said it at the time when Rivera asked who played well this preseason, AGG was an omission from him, and he did mention Milne -- and that might be telling?  Still I am surpised. 

Rivera recently acknowledged (praised) Wes Martin’s progress, and he was cut. 

It don’t think everything is so overt. 😂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

AGG has some skills that make him an enticing enough waiver grab for someone, but I wouldn’t say that he has “rare athletic traits”, this isn’t a DK Metcalf type freak who just needs to put it together. Not even a Dorial Green-Beckham type athlete. He’s tall and raw, he has some ball skills. But he doesn’t have any rare athletic traits, NFL-wise, other than his height.

Agree. He's not fast.  He has poor agility.  He's tall, he has long arms and can jump well. 

• Like 3

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree. He's not fast.  He has poor agility.  He's tall, he has long arms and can jump well. 

Might have answered and I missed it but do you know how many more cuts we have to make, SIP?

1 minute ago, Die Hard said:

Rivera recently acknowledged (praised) Wes Martin’s progress, and he was cut. 

It don’t think everything is so overt. 😂

Didn't say everything was so overt.  ;)  He's complemented just about everyone at different times.  But when specifically he was asked who played well in the preseason, he mentioned Milne and not AGG.  Maybe Rivera was full of crap when he said it.  Will see.  Milne hasn't made the roster yet. 

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Might have answered and I missed it but do you know how many more cuts we have to make, SIP?

I haven't counted them

10 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

Glad we've cut AGG. We'd only be keeping him because we drafted him. Admit he's a bust and move on. Right move. 

Who reported that?  Wonder if that means Milne makes it?  If so, then these young players really need to take Special Teams seriously.  Unless you're a special talent like Dyami Brown of course.