Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

4 hours ago, dckey said:

Just a question for those that think Milne will get picked up from our PS!!!  What has he done outside of practice that other teams that passed on him doing the draft would change their minds?  Has he flashed during any preseason game?  I haven't seen that!!!  Do the other teams have film of our practices where he is having a good camp?  Comparing him to Sims, who actually performed on Game days, to someone who nobody has any film on!!!

I'm sure there were teams who liked Milne during the draft process, he has good hands, works hard, can block, etc.  He has many things going for him. But draft picks are a limited commodity.  So while teams may have wanted to add dax as an upgrade to their team, they had more pressing needs or higher valued players.  In contrast, waiver claims are not a limited commodity.  As long as there is a player they can cut where dax will be an upgrade, they will put in a claim. And considering dax has had his moments this summer and has gotten praise, I see no reason to think his stock has gone down, so I think it's a safe bet that at least one of the other 31 teams would take a flier on him.   And I think he will prove his worth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Position Flex...any chance Moreland becomes a surprise cut?  He seems like such a lock for CB#4, but he only plays Nickel.

My hunch is this is more about McTyre* vs Apke vs Johnson vs Reaves vs Forrest (maybe Everett* is in this mix as well), but if they truly feel undecided at the wire, Moreland might well enter the conversation.  Of course, this is me guessing that ‘position flex’ does/could include ST play as well (like Johnson returning kicks, etc).

*I’d guess these two are safer bets to make it than the others (not Moreland, I think he’s pretty safe).  Probably comes down to those other 4 vying for 1 or 2 spots.

Side note - I wonder if Apke learning/playing corner might end up helping him if he’s ever in the mix for S again.

Edited by skinny21
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

I think you can still have explosive plays while having zero turnovers.

Zero doesn't happen a heck of a lot.   Every team but three last season averaged 1 turnover or more per game.  Nonetheless, I don't think he means it that literally.  I took it as he considers himself an aggressive player and as such some turnovers will come from throwing in tight windows or whatever -- but that's fine. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Zero doesn't happen a heck of a lot.   Every team but three last season averaged 1 turnover per game.  Nonetheless, I don't think he means it that literally.  I took it as he considers himself an aggressive player and as such some turnovers will come from throwing in tight windows or whatever -- but that's fine. 

Yeah, not gonna lie, this is the type of response that I would LOVE from a starting QB, especially as a rookie.

Takes responsibility, and plays to win, not to try to not lose.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Not once this spring or summer did I think Hemingway would be TE2.

Hemingway was a bit of an obscure/dark horse type player, it was a bit of a surprise that he was mentioned weeks back as potentially TE #2 from reporters but in their defense he was getting reps with the 2nd team and had some good practices, then.  But he looked bad in the preseason game and then he had a concussion.  Apparently, fringe players like Hemingway can't afford bad preseason games -- makes sense to me.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Heminway is a bit of an obscure/dark horse type player, it was a bit of a surprise that he was mentioned weeks back as potentially TE #2 from reporters but in their defense he was getting reps with the 2nd team and had some good practices, then.  But he looked bad in the preseason game and then you he had a concussion.  Apparently, fringe players like Hemingway can't afford bad preseason games.  

Wasn't he the one who was getting into spats with Sweat and Young early on in TC?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

I think you can still have explosive plays while having zero turnovers.

When’s the last team that went through a season with zero turnovers? Wilson is making a good point, it’s all about balancing risk with reward.