Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

1 minute ago, Bifflog said:

Anyone else feel like the practice squad, in light of COVID policy this year and Washington's improving-but-still-not-great vaccination rate, needs to have a focus on plug and play guys we would feel comfortable suiting up at a moment's notice, rather than project types?  Feels like a somehow Sammis Reyes ends up on IR, type situation.

Short answer, YES. 

On a slightly related note, are there roster and active roster changes now that there are 17 regular season games? Or is it still 53 on the roster, 45 active for gameday?

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not sure.  I listened to Keim's podcast this morning and in short he wasn't high on him as far as how he's playing so far.  Personally, i didn't pay enough attention to have an opinion about him based on the practices I watched. 

I’m not expecting much from Apke (and wasn’t high on him at safety), but he does offer more from a speed/size and maybe versatility standpoint than guys like DJ and Stroman.  As to his play so far, he’s got the most to learn/iron out with the position change, so no surprise Keim isn’t high on his overall play to this point.  If he shows an upwards trajectory to some extent, he’s a good candidate for the PS IMO - knows the D, can fill in at corner and safety (maybe both safety spots in a pinch), is still learning, and can come in as a back end STer if elevated.

15 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

Anyone else feel like the practice squad, in light of COVID policy this year and Washington's improving-but-still-not-great vaccination rate, needs to have a focus on plug and play guys we would feel comfortable suiting up at a moment's notice, rather than project types?  Feels like a somehow Sammis Reyes ends up on IR, type situation.

I think it will be a balance of both with the expanded PS roster (16 instead of 12) and the ability to PS guys with more than 2 accrued seasons (I think it’s 6 players?).  I also read that although not explicitly stated, the 2 call-ups a season for a PS player does not apply if they are being called up to replace someone put on the Covid list.

They also now have a 3 week return for IR (not sure how often this can happen though).  

30 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

They said Washington is up to 84% vaccination rate now.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, London Kev said:

@Skinsinparadise Thanks for all the info, it's really appreciated.

With a lot of focus on TEs, obviously Logan is #1, but who do you see emerging as #2 and 3?

I recall some Hemingway talk by a reporter before camp started.  Finlay seems to think he's solidfied his spot.   Reyes is raw -- big time athlete.  But I gather he has to make the squad otherwise they lose him.  I watched Bates a little in camp -- nothing killer, nothing bad.    I'd guess:  1.  Thomas. 2.  Hemingway. 3. Bates. 4  Reyes. 

When I was watching the TEs:  Seals-Jones, Bates, Hemingway were all similar as for getting open and catching the ball -- none killer but all decent.  But I wasn't really putting a lot of attention on them. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Looks like we may have put collins in the grave a tad prematurely.

This defense will be disgusting if he can regain his all pro form.

I never wanted to get rid of him or even bench him.  Did I think Curl outplayed him a little last year?  Yes, but I always felt there was a place for him on certain downs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Can someone explain the significance of this to me (dont throw Holcomb off..)?  Thanks

I can't explain it to you but I can give you my guess.

I'm assuming that he's saying if you throw him off of you he'll be able to then regain his feet and go around you for the sack but if you keep him close and tie him up he'll be neutralized.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

I can't explain it to you but I can give you my guess.

I'm assuming that he's saying if you throw him off of you he'll be able to then regain his feet and go around you for the sack but if you keep him close and tie him up he'll be neutralized.

Kind of what I was thinking reference disengaging and then losing him?  Thanks

• Like 1