Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to Washington Benjamin St-Juste, CB Minnesota

zCommander

1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Yeah, Brown has a path. He can be the Z WR while Samuel is in the slot. It's truly going to be interesting to see how Samuel is utilized. He is the type of player that will have high variance in production depending on how he's used. Meaning he'll be just average (around 600 to 700 yards) or he can blow up for 1200 total yards. 

I think he's going to be the featured weapon of the offense.  He's got history with Turner and Turner views him as an ascending and versatile player and I think they are going to design most of their schemes and game plans around him.  We've kind of assumed that guy would be Gibson or McLaurin, but Turner is pass happy, Fitzpatrick is pass happy, and I don't think they'll lean on Gibson the way Carolina did on McCaffrey.  He's not that kind of player.  And Terry isn't necessarily the kind of high volume or highly specialized receiver where you need to scheme for him in particular.  He fits into a passing offense in a lot of general ways, plus he's a blocker who is going to be used to block for the horizontal elements of our passing and run game.  And as good as he is, he's not as dynamic and fast as Samuel.  He was overshadowed by Samuel at Ohio State too, where Samuel was the more featured weapon and I could see a similar dynamic taking shape here.

IMO Brown and McLaurin are going to get lesser opportunities than perhaps their talent says they should get, and they're going to do a lot of outside blocking compared to most at their position.  They're going to have to be efficient and make the most of their receiving opportunities, which I expect them to do. They're going to get space because defenses will have to play up for Samuel and Gibson.  They're the types who have the concentration and play making ability to capitalize on open fields and one on one coverages.

That's why I've been thinking that McLaurin might put up worse receiving numbers and get way less targets this year, but actually play way better football and be more valuable and get way more AV.  I expect him to get more scoring opportunities.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think he's going to be the featured weapon of the offense.  He's got history with Turner and Turner views him as an ascending and versatile player and I think they are going to design most of their schemes and game plans around him.  We've kind of assumed that guy would be Gibson or McLaurin, but Turner is pass happy, Fitzpatrick is pass happy, and I don't think they'll lean on Gibson the way Carolina did on McCaffrey.  He's not that kind of player.  And Terry isn't necessarily the kind of high volume or highly specialized receiver where you need to scheme for him in particular.  He fits into a passing offense in a lot of general ways, plus he's a blocker who is going to be used to block for the horizontal elements of our passing and run game.  And as good as he is, he's not as dynamic and fast as Samuel.  He was overshadowed by Samuel at Ohio State too, where Samuel was the more featured weapon and I could see a similar dynamic taking shape here.

IMO Brown and McLaurin are going to get lesser opportunities than perhaps their talent says they should get, and they're going to do a lot of outside blocking compared to most at their position.  They're going to have to be efficient and make the most of their receiving opportunities, which I expect them to do. They're going to get space because defenses will have to play up for Samuel and Gibson.  They're the types who have the concentration and play making ability to capitalize on open fields and one on one coverages.

That's why I've been thinking that McLaurin might put up worse receiving numbers and get way less targets this year, but actually play way better football and be more valuable and get way more AV.  I expect him to get more scoring opportunities.

It's definitely possible that they get lesser total opportunities, I can see Samuel getting plenty of carries and other things like that so we can utilize his playmaking abilities. It makes sense because of how electric he is with the ball in his hands in comparison to the rest of the guys on offense. I never really thought he was a great route runner, that's something I feel like he needed to work on a lot to take that next step. McLaurin should get a lot less underneath stuff this year so I expect his numbers to stay close but his YPC is going to go way up. He should be around 17 YPC this year. Carolina was utilizing him correctly towards the end of last season, he really started putting up a lot of numbers in the tail end of the season. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

16 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

If St. Juste ends up balling out his rookie year I'll fully be on board trading our 1st rounder for 3 3rd rounders every year "lolol"

It's funny, but this year is the first time I ever tried doing mock drafts and I consistently found myself trading my first rounder for multiple 2nd and 3rd round picks. Now, granted I didn't have the luxury of film and interviews like the scouts had, but I could see the value in a lot of good players vs 1 supreme player.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

He was on BMitch and Finlay earlier today.  What an impressive kid.  I tuned in during the middle and was trying to figure out who they were talking to.  Try to find that interview if you can.

https://www.audacy.com/thefandc/podcasts/bmitch-finlay-46665

Listening to it.  He likes being called "Juice" by everyone, and is eager for the fans to yell it if he makes a big play.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Ball Security said:

He was on BMitch and Finlay earlier today.  What an impressive kid.  I tuned in during the middle and was trying to figure out who they were talking to.  Try to find that interview if you can.

It should be available on the Audacy app, where they re-air the whole show as recorded segments.

2 hours ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

Wow... if Cosmi, Jamin, St-Juste, and D Brown all hit from this draft, this could be an all-timer....

#HTTWFT

I’m tempering my expectations for all of these guys, but… I think there’s a very good chance the above guys all contribute significantly this year, and that by next year 1) they are all solid (or better) starters*, 2) Forrest is our starting SS or Buffalo nickel, 3) Bradley-King gets rotational snaps and 4) Toney is a quality backup for Holcomb/Davis.

*Brown as our #3 receiver

21 hours ago, Xameil said:

If he buys a white bronco....

Ill sacrifice what I have to too him if it makes him a HOF'er i swear I will 

3 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Call me crazy but we probably need to maybe play a game first before we start anointing this the greatest draft class in sports history.

Do we though? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

At this point you can say this about every team's draft class. I'm sure if I go to their message boards they're saying the same thing.

Movie quote just popped into my head and went with it. 

But I could see it. 

New-era Prototypical MLB

Super-athletic LT

New-era Prototypical CB

Possession/deep threat WR

Cooley-esque TE that blocks well

Cosmi, St. Juste and Brown are all question marks. If they all got, it is all time...but, I wouldn't be betting on it even as a hopeful dude.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Only seen limited highlights but it looked like he continues to impress. Is that right?

Yes, but it’s a qualified yes. 

On the plus side, Rivera sat both Fuller and Jackson so St Juste was taking on the Bengal’s number ones. 

On the downside, Cinci sat Burrow, so the QB he was going against wasn’t all that great. 

• Thanks 2

On 8/6/2021 at 10:31 AM, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

Wow... if Cosmi, Jamin, St-Juste, and D Brown all hit from this draft, this could be an all-timer....

#HTTWFT

“If Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly & Fred Davis all hit this could be the GOAT receiver draft in history” - Someone Circa 2008

• Like 2