Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to Washington Jamin Davis LB Kentucky

PCS

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I say inflated because I think your true draft value should be based on your tape.  If you visualize a player's cost like a stock price, there will be peaks and valleys and the true value will be the average factored over time.  For me that average should match up with what they put on tape.  Jamin's cost shot up after his crazy pro day even though it came after the season was over and didn't pertain to his actual play.  We had to buy him at his peak.

It's ok, you still own a valuable security buying stocks near their peak if the stock is fundamentally good.  I think we "made money" buying low on Cosmi, you could swap their draft slots and I would feel that we got good value at both picks.  And we perhaps bought a little low on Dyami Brown too.  And I'm not sure, but think we may have bought super low on Shaka Toney, his film has surprised and impressed me like Cole Holcomb and Khaleke Hudson did the previous two drafts.  Kind of feels like he's the type of player you look back on and can't understand why he made it to the seventh.

I don't disagree with the idea that tape can be the most important indicator.  I am sure there are a lot of scouts who would agree with you.  Honestly I have no idea what is the best indicator, I just try to add all the pieces up and see where it takes me.   I think you can argue a hypothetical inflation of value from that perspective, but the true value or cost of the player can only be determined by NFL performance. So its just an opinion, no matter the spin.   NFL performance does not naturally proceed from college tape, like a stock continuing to follow its past chart path. It can, but its far from reliable. Someone might choose to value a stock purchase using this method, but its just one method of valuation, and while some others might share it, its still yours. Really you are just valuing somebody else's stock purchase relative to your opinion of value.  However accurate you might end up being, there is no way to word it as anything other then conjecture. 

• Like 1

IMO game tape is the base you use to evaluate physical traits and ground your projections of future development based on how those traits can be upgraded with scheme fit and detailed coaching. It’s not just about grading guys as is. 

You have to marry up their current level with what their ceiling could be if they played faster and continued whatever growth curve they were showing from game to game. 

That’s why I like this class the more I look at it from scheme fit and future projection versus just looking at what guys have done so far in college. Most of our guys are on the upswing of their growth curve and are still growing into their bodies and position. They’ve also each shown a clear role via a top end skill they possess that bears promise for the long term. Very few guys from this draft class can be said to have only depth level ceilings. 

A lot of the guys are raw no doubt and have hurdles to reaching that top end projection, but that’s where the coaches show their worth and I have faith in quite a few of our position coaches even if I still have questions about Scott Turner. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I like that Cosmi chose 62. 

I wore 62 in HS. If he's anything like me...he's going to regret most of his life choices by his mid-40s...

48 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Thank God jamin Davis is sticking with the traditional linebacker number... I cannot stand single numbers for linebackers or safeties or corners or wide receivers

Louis Nix, I think, big 330 lb NT. Wore #2. I loved it.

I saw a highlight of Brown in the rookie camp wearing #2. Hope he hits, I'll get that jersey. I love the new single digit rule.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

41 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I wore 62 in HS. If he's anything like me...he's going to regret most of his life choices by his mid-40s...

Louis Nix, I think, big 330 lb NT. Wore #2. I loved it.

I saw a highlight of Brown in the rookie camp wearing #2. Hope he hits, I'll get that jersey. I love the new single digit rule.

Haaaaate it

25 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Dyami Brown rocking #2 and you’re gonna love that ****!

Noooope already cant stand it...looks like a qb throwing to a qb

5 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Haaaaate it

Noooope already cant stand it...looks like a qb throwing to a qb

AncientLeftCopperbutterfly-size_restricted.gif

It's fine, we can have different opinions. Yours is just wrong, that's all. 😆

Edited by Riggo#44
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 13

I’m not always a fan of non traditional numbers, but Dyami in #2 is pretty slick. Deuces!

image.jpeg.14b9662f523b90d603f6166251bd9690.jpeg

We need a numbers thread LOL. I like Jamin in #52. I’m kind of surprised he went with a traditional LB number. But 52 is a good “captain of the defense do-it-all LB” number. 

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Would Cosmi have been allowed to keep 52 by rule?

Feels right that it go to a LB though.  It's Ray Lewis's number.

I don’t think anything changed for OLs, so no. Double standard!

16 minutes ago, -JB- said:

OL can wear 50-79.

You very rarely see offensive guards or tackles wearing a number in the 50s (just centers) but I’m struggling to confirm if that’s actually part of the rulebook or just tradition. 

The best # i've ever seen on a guard is 68.  ;->. My favorite on a LB is 55.  Wasn't that the Hangman?  If the NFL isn't going to stick to a rigid # policy, then open the whole thing up.  Hell, use their driver's license #, and if they don't have one, then their chauffeur's license, and if they don't have that, they're probably driving illegally.  Get a #!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, terpfan said:

You very rarely see offensive guards or tackles wearing a number in the 50s (just centers) but I’m struggling to confirm if that’s actually part of the rulebook or just tradition. 

I’m guessing since LB’s always wore #’s in the 50’s OL would usually leave those alone.

4 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Would Cosmi have been allowed to keep 52 by rule?

Feels right that it go to a LB though.  It's Ray Lewis's number.

According to the 2020 rule book, no.

2631379C-E5DC-4730-A0FF-40AD660FD13D.thumb.jpeg.3ca812bf7bc0744b61d24b9364565826.jpeg

Having said that... the 2021 reported rule changes seem to suggest any OL can wear 50-79 now (more like high school/collegiate rules though not quite). But without the official rulebook I can’t say. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Burgold said:

Not aimed at you at all (I think you knew that) It's just I thought it was an awesome quote related to the "opinion" sub-thread you were having.

Did not know that and I have noooooo clue what your talking about..