Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

lol, i was just thinking Hansford was the most familiar name so it doesn't fit so much with the other teams signings -- but it does fit Dallas

Dang. I was happy about that one too. Lol. LB would have made sense here too

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

Wow.

The entire division is kicking our asses this draft. What an awful off-season so far.

Well our front office thinks they're smarter than the rest of the league. And they like sitting on their hands when it comes to paying money. UDFA / free agency and our own 

• Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

lol, i was just thinking Hansford was the most familiar name so it doesn't fit so much with the other teams signings -- but it does fit Dallas

I literally lol’d. Even the guys who didn’t get drafted don’t want to sign here willingly :ols:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I literally lol’d. Even the guys who didn’t get drafted don’t want to sign here willingly :ols:

From what I hear its all about money.  And Dan has the rep of being cheap.  so I am guessing Indy, Eagles, Dallas is just outbidding everyone.

As you wondered about and I have too -- Dan cash poor?  Dan for years skimped on a lot.  Standig keeps pushing Rivera on the question whether Dan has him on a budget, and it comes off like he knows something on that front.

I hope i am wrong will see.  Granted "bigger names" in UDFA might not mean squat.  But guys like Ballard and the Cowboys personnel guy are considered among the best in the business so the bigger names might mean something in this case.  Will see.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

From what I hear its all about money.  And Dan has the rep of being cheap.  so I am guessing Indy, Eagles, Dallas is just outbidding everyone.

As you wondered about and I have too -- Dan cash poor?  Dan for years skimped on a lot.  Standig keeps pushing Rivera on the question whether Dan has him on a budget, and it comes off like he knows something.

I hope i am wrong will see.  Granted "bigger names" in UDFA might not mean squat.  But guys like Ballard and the Cowboys personnel guy are considered among the best in the business so the bigger names might mean something in this case.  Will see.  

I think this is as close to a fact as possible without it actually being confirmed as one.

• Like 3

Hasn't the rest of the NFC East been just as likely to bust on high picks as us. Fans are giving them credit they aren't giving us, despite many of these teams rarely being better

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As you wondered about and I have too -- Dan cash poor?  Dan for years skimped on a lot.  Standig keeps pushing Rivera on the question whether Dan has him on a budget, and it comes off like he knows something on that front.

Snyder has no independent source of wealth and had to receive NFL's debt waiver to finance over half of the 800+ million it cost to buyout the minority partners.  It would almost be shocking if he wasn't cash strapped.  Add the increased cost of borrowing, I think it's a pretty good bet that Snyder has the football operations on a tight leash on spending in terms of cash flow.

• Like 3

Since we showed little interest in LBs in the draft, I expect/hope we have our eyes on signing someone like Alexander Johnson, Anthony Walker, or Anthony Hitchens. And, as others have said, we should hope that Landon Collins hasn't crossed us off his list of possible destinations.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think this is as close to a fact as possible without it actually being confirmed as one.

For years Dan used guaranteed cash to circumvent the salary cap.  It failed in a huge way as his financial investments in the team compounded…losses…overpaid players…dwindling fan base…horrible stadium/location.  Dan spent like new money when he first got the team.  The long game, his failed investments personnel wise, have destroyed his portfolio.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I’ll give it a C-. If some of these guys eventually become starters; the grade would improve. This feels like mostly filling  the depth draft.

B-/C+ but could be a solid B if the two additional picks are solid starters

12 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

For years Dan used guaranteed cash to circumvent the salary cap.  It failed in a huge way as his financial investments in the team compounded…losses…overpaid players…dwindling fan base…horrible stadium/location.  Dan spent like new money when he first got the team.  The long game, his failed investments personnel wise, have destroyed his portfolio.

The stadium location is not horrible . It is not great but definitely not horrible 

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I’ll give it a C-. If some of these guys eventually become starters; the grade would improve. This feels like mostly filling  the depth draft.

Ron inherited a team with so many holes, he pretty much has had no choice.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Well, the upkeep on the boat is a bit steep.

Washington Redskins Owner Daniel Snyder's 300-foot Megayacht Is An  Expensive Offseason Acquisition

Yep - that's his boat

:229:The Rook

• Like 1
  • Haha 1