Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

7 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Please stop saying generational. 

People bash the term in the Chase thread, then apply it to other draftees. 

Also, generational would mean 1 in about 10 years and you just implied there are 2 in one draft.

princess-bride.gif

Its a perception thing. I don't know if these guys will be that good, probably won't, but if the PERCEPTION is that one of them is generational, they'll go high in the draft.

14 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Wilson is an elite runner. The two are nowhere near comparable. 

I certainly wasn’t comparing Wilson to Howell skill level wise. I actually just posted about watching 2 of Howell’s games and stated that he is not an NFL runner. I was comparing what koolblue was saying about Howell’s size to what I had previously said about Wilson’s size. And maybe the size part shouldn’t matter as much as we say it does.

I watched a lot of Wilson’s “senior” year at Wisc and Howell is nowhere near where Wilson was coming out.

• Like 2

On 11/4/2021 at 10:53 AM, Koolblue13 said:

Daxton Hill, Jaquen Brisker, Brandon Joseph, Demand Richardson, McKinnley III, Catalon.

This is who I'm interested in. High second should give us a clean shot at most of them. I dont know how to scout guys like yall do, but I want a true centerfilding opportunistic FS that can get the guys in front of him lined up correctly and lock down that ****ty secondary thats wasting our kick ass front 4 that has almost 80 hurries this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I really really like Brisker a lot, but I think he's somewhere between Collins and Curl as far as style goes, not that I'm opposed to that, especially if Collins is a June 1rst cut, but I'd rather Hill if we draft early, but Brandon Joseph is probably my favorite if he falls to the 3rd.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its a perception thing. I don't know if these guys will be that good, probably won't, but if the PERCEPTION is that one of them is generational, they'll go high in the draft.

Hamilton is closer to a generational type of talent than Hutchinson and Thibs are.  It's been a long time since we've seen a safety with his combo of size, speed, strength, and instincts + his production was excellent.

I don't think anyone deserves the "generational" label this year, but Hamilton, Jordan Davis, and Tyler Linderbaum are exceedingly rare prospects for their position.  They're unicorns like Kyle Pitts was last season, but nobody really wants to spend anything on their position.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Hamilton is closer to a generational type of talent than Hutchinson and Thibs are.  It's been a long time since we've seen a safety with his combo of size, speed, strength, and instincts + his production was excellent.

I don't think anyone deserves the "generational" label this year, but Hamilton, Jordan Davis, and Tyler Linderbaum are exceedingly rare prospects for their position.  They're unicorns like Kyle Pitts was last season, but nobody really wants to spend anything on their position.

Hamilton is probably the legit closest thing we've seen to ST21. There is zero chance he makes it out of the top 5. 

Of course Jon Allen was never going to make it out of the top 10, so there is always hope. 

At 11, IMO, Lloyd and Hamilton are the only non-QB options that we could take. Stingleys health worries me, but could make for a great trade back partner.

2 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Its a shame that the positional value sucks at safety. Because I think Hamilton is the best player in the draft. 

I think Derwin James is a decent comparison. Though one of the things that James can do well but I haven't really seen much of from Hamilton, is pass rushing (though that may be because of scheme). A safety's positional value increases with the number of things he can do. A guy who can cover as a free, be a downhill tackler in the box, and also pass rush can be very valuable.

Derwin James is little compared to Kyle Hamilton.  Hamilton is more like a rich man's Isaiah Simmons.  Smarter and much more physical.  He'll spend most of his time in deep shells and man covering slot defenders I think, rather than playing a LBer type role.  But he can definitely make an impact as a blitzer from the slot.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I dont think you're that off really. I have a feeling Ridder and Strong might be the only two with decent careers, but thats a long shot. 

I think with this group it's really gonna depend on where they go. I'm not sure any of these guys are good enough to overcome a bad situation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Going Commando said:

Derwin James is little compared to Kyle Hamilton.  Hamilton is more like a rich man's Isaiah Simmons.  Smarter and much more physical.  He'll spend most of his time in deep shells and man covering slot defenders I think, rather than playing a LBer type role.  But he can definitely make an impact as a blitzer from the slot.

He's a bit smaller, but I think "little" is something of an exaggeration. James is 6'2 215, Hamilton is 6'4 220. But my point about pass rushing still stands...I think to take a Safety that high you'd need a guy who can truly do pretty much anything. I don't doubt that Hamilton has the athletic ability to pass rush/blitz, but it's not something he really seemed to do much in college from what I saw.

Edited by mistertim

31 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

There are so many videos of Matt Corral at passing camps. The accuracy isn’t always astounding, but boy can he whip it. 

The other thing that sticks out to me is - people talk so much about him playing in an RPO at Ole Miss but he played from under center not only in high school but when he was in training after he committed to USC so it's not like he has never done it. When he committed to USC and was training for the season, all his reps and things were drop backs so I think he will be fine there but will likely need some time to speed up his read/processing

Edited by VirginiaVibes
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

If the accuracy isn’t there when he is wearing a ball cap backwards then he probably doesn’t have it…

He completed about 70% of his passes both of his last 2 years and they weren’t swing/screen passes. His air yards per attempt were really up there. It was a HS passing camp. I wouldn’t make too much of it. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

He completed about 70% of his passes both of his last 2 years and they weren’t swing/screen passes. His air yards per attempt were really up there. It was a HS passing camp. I wouldn’t make too much of it. 

I don’t doubt your stats but I just watched him vs TENN 2021 and I counted 12 passes at or behind the line of scrimmage and 7 passes between 3-7 yards. Maybe that game is an anomaly but he had 19 passes travel between -2 & 7 yards in the air.

Also, his ball placement wasn’t very good either. I will say his WRs made at least 3 (maybe 4) horrific drops that would have added a lot of yardage. I wasn’t very impressed but it is the only game I’ve watched so I wouldn’t rule him out on such a small sample size. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

I don’t doubt your stats but I just watched him vs TENN 2021 and I counted 12 passes at or behind the line of scrimmage and 7 passes between 3-7 yards. Maybe that game is an anomaly but he had 19 passes travel between -2 & 7 yards in the air.

Also, his ball placement wasn’t very good either. I will say his WRs made at least 3 (maybe 4) horrific drops that would have added a lot of yardage. I wasn’t very impressed but it is the only game I’ve watched so I wouldn’t rule him out on such a small sample size. 

This was the same complaint made about both Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert. Colleges do not run pro style offenses a lot of the time but it doesn't mean the QB can't run one. 

Also I think, despite two games where he threw 5 INTs, Corral's 2020 tape is better because he was healthy. In 2021 he played the majority of the season hurt and with half his starters out

Screenshot_20220208-163737_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Love Corral, I fear we'd have to trade up to get him and it doesnt sound like we're interested in doing that. Hopefully the QB situation is a little more clear right before the draft based on FA

I don't think so. If I had to guess, he is probably QB3 after Pickett and Willis on most teams' boards

19 minutes ago, VirginiaVibes said:

This was the same complaint made about both Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert. Colleges do not run pro style offenses a lot of the time but it doesn't mean the QB can't run one. 

All great info and thanks but it doesn’t have anything to do with my post. I’m not anti-Corral and I never said he couldn’t run an NFL offense.

I just stated some facts (in the one game I watched he threw 19 passes between -2 & 7 yards from the LOS…his WRs made some terrible drops), an opinion (his ball placement wasn’t very good), and a conclusion (I wasn’t impressed but it was too small of a sample size to judge).

I stand by everything I said in my post and I think it would be very hard to refute. 

2 hours ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

I've talked about that game.  that one and Alabama IMO are his worst at least among the ones I watched a 2nd time.  His receivers were atrocious in that Tennessee game.  He had the best adjusted completion percentage (PFF grade) in this group aside from Pickett who beat him by a hair. 

His ball placement typically is pretty good.   He did throw a ton of screens by when he aired out, he was pretty accurate, PFF grades him in the 90s as for intermediate passing grade and deep balls -- which is their version of elite scores.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2