Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

15 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

What about 3x 1st for Haskins... think we could pry him away from the Steelers?

Haskins 😂 what an embarrassment. I was so mad when we drafted him I tried to be a Vikings fan. That lasted about 5 hours. 

• Haha 4

@clskinsfan

Cool write ups.  I watched most of those players except for Purdy and Glass.  I am a bit gun shy still giving definitive takes on them, yet.   But I've spent so much time watching QBs that i am way behind on other spots, usually I am much deeper in the evaluation process at this point.

If I had to guess right now comps and rank them.  My ranking will almost for sure change post senior bowl.

1.  Matt Corral.  Comp:  a mix of Zach Wilson and Derek Carr.  More undersized than them but faster

2. (tie) Sam Howell:  Baker Mayfield at his best

2. (tie) Pickett:    a mix of Davis Mills, Tua and Daniel Jones at their best

3.  Malik Willis:  Trey Lance with more upside

4.  Carson Strong:  Joe Flacco

5. Desmond Ridder:  Jalen Hurts

6.  Zappe:  Andy Dalton

7. McKee:  physically looks like Herbert plays more like Mike Glennon

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 7

God those comps are awful. If that's the case I wouldn't draft any of them, except maybe Willis and hope you shoot the moon. 

There is no difference to me between someone who's mediocre and someone who straight up sucks. I want a guy I can build a championship contender around for a decade. Anything less and they're all just as good as Heinicke to me.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If I understand the rules while our SOS hurts all our tie breakers in the first, everything flips, alternates from round to round so we'd have the 8th pick in the 2nd round.

Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 7.49.08 PM.png

Nope.  We’d ‘move’ up a slot in the 2nd round.  We’d pick 10th in the 2nd, 9th on the 3rd, 8th in the fourth and 11th in the fifth and so on

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

God those comps are awful. If that's the case I wouldn't draft any of them, except maybe Willis and hope you shoot the moon. 

There is no difference to me between someone who's mediocre and someone who straight up sucks. I want a guy I can build a championship contender around for a decade. Anything less and they're all just as good as Heinicke to me.

Thing is our comps dont really matter. It is fun to look at tape and see something that reminds you of another player. But it is up to Ron and his guys to see their own comps. I dont know if there is a true superstar in this QB class. Maybe Pickett. And Willis might have the most upside. If you have a great OL Strong can shred you. But I dont think I am reaching by saying all of those guys, and add Corral, are far more talented than Heinike IMO. 

• Like 1

Extremely early mock (until 11, projecting Carolina trades for Watson (sending 2022 1st, 2023 1st, 2024 1st and 2023 2nd)

1). Jax-A. Hutch

2).  Det-K. Thibs

3). Hou-Hamilton

4). NYJ-Stingley

5). NYG-Neal

6). Hou (from Car)-Linderbaum

7). NYG-Dean 

8.  Atl-Williams (Ridley can't be relied upon)

9). Den-Pickett

10). NYJ-Ojabo

11). Was-Corall

• Like 1

4 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Willis is going to have to sit for while. Maybe even multiple years. Ron doesnt have time for that. I think we end up trading up in the draft for either Pickett or Corral. But that is just my gut. I wouldnt hate picking Strong or Howell at 9 either. We have to come away with a first round QB in this draft. 

No QBs sits multiple years, the value is the rookie contract.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

My comps of course are just opinion.  I am purely talking about their style.  That's why I said in some of those cases those players I compared them to playing at their best.   

Edited by Skinsinparadise

4 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

No QBs sits multiple years, the value is the rookie contract.

Exactly. And today's NFL is very rookie friendly. The only guys that sit are guys that are behind already quality established QBs and the teams are winning. If the 9ers were like 3-8 they'd have started Lance.

MATT CORRAL
QB Ole Miss
Washington Football Team

Matt Corral can be the franchise quarterback of the Washington Football Team

Matt Corral is the QB1 for a weak draft class at the position in my book. However, that makes him valuable at No. 10 for Washington. Taylor Heinicke has been fun to watch but his ceiling is very well defined and not all that high. As such, the dual-threat ability and accuracy of Corral raises what the Football Team can accomplish.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, The Rook said:

Here is a strange thought - I honestly believe if Trey Lance was coming out this year, there is a boat-load of ES posters who would gladly trade 3 first round picks because "You have to go all-in for the QB". 

:229:The Rook

I’d trade multiple firsts for Lance, niners wouldn’t. Don’t understand the shock he didn’t play, they hoped he’d pull it off but it was hoped not a plan, that’s why they didn’t trade Jimmy G. 

Just now, DWinzit said:

Okay, and how about Aaron Rodgers

Again, Rodgers was sitting behind a future HOF-er who was still playing really good football. Not anywhere near the same as Taylor freaking Heinicke.

Also that was 2005. 17 years ago. The league is set up differently nowadays with rookie contracts.

Edited by Warhead36
  • Like 1

Slightly underwhelming position to be drafting

This is the off-season we have to get a QB, whether it’s draft, trade, whatever. If they try going into a 4th off season next year looking for the answer it’s just not good enough

No QB, no chance of competing. Hell even the teams with good QB’s don’t always compete

Edited by BrentMeisterGeneral

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

MATT CORRAL
QB Ole Miss
Washington Football Team

Matt Corral can be the franchise quarterback of the Washington Football Team

Matt Corral is the QB1 for a weak draft class at the position in my book. However, that makes him valuable at No. 10 for Washington. Taylor Heinicke has been fun to watch but his ceiling is very well defined and not all that high. As such, the dual-threat ability and accuracy of Corral raises what the Football Team can accomplish.

Corral is really the only QB on my radar (at least for round 1.) But I honestly don't see first QB off the board lasting to pick #11.

• Like 2

Saw a quick three round mock with us picking at 11.

Corrall and Pickett are gone.  We take Charles Cross OT.  Then Howell in the 2nd and Damone Clark in the third.  

I can’t remember.  Was Cosmi considered a possible guard because of his arm length?  If so, and we could slide him inside, that would be a very nasty line.

• Like 1

This one has Pickett and Corral go before our pick.  And we take Desmond Ridder.  This coming from the dude who pushed for Ridder in the 2nd round when it looked he would come out in last year's draft -- but I'd flip out if they took him at 11.  

Of the top 6 QBs, Ridder has to do the most work to win me over.  Having said that if he kills it in the Senior Bowl I might warm up to it.  Right now, it makes me cringe. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1