Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

1 minute ago, philibusters said:

I'd take Willis athleticism over Strong's arm in terms of elite traits amongst QB's.

I agree with you. Willis would be my pick if It were up to me. He's really the only chance there is at being an elite QB

21 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Not ala Joe Burrow?

One year wonders aren't judged on the aggregate as a positive.  Yeah there are exceptions to everything.  Josh Allen had a bad completion rate in college, yet he's killing it in the pros.  But Allen's example obviously doesn't set a new trend where having a below 60% completion rate in college in now considered > than 60% plus completion rates in colllege.  Just like one good year isn't deemed better or equal >> multiple years of good play.  That's my point.  😀

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

One year wonders aren't judged on the aggregate as a positive.  Yeah there are exceptions to everything.  Josh Allen had a bad completion rate in college, yet he's killing it in the pros.  But Allen's example obviously doesn't set a new trend where having a below 60% completion rate in college in now considered > than 60% plus completion rates in colllege.  Just like one good year isn't deemed better or equal >> multiple years of good play.  That's my point.  😀

I was just jabbing at you. I havent finished QB tape yet. Got all messed up at work this week with the snow. And I saved Pickett for last. But I am wrapping up Corral right now. I am impressed. His size concerns me. But his tape is beautiful. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

The thing that bothers me about Pickett, he was on nobody's radar until beginning of October.  

That doesn't bother me.  The key thing is broke out.  The same was true Zach Wilson last year and Joe Burrow the year before that.  The book is still out on Wilson, but I think as long as the QB has their breakthrough its not that much riskier of a bet than a guy who was on the radar for say 2 years.   What is a lot more dangerous is taking a QB who hasn't had a breakthrough yet but who has good tools (though those guys rarely go in the 1st or 2nd round).   The classic example of that is Spergon Wynn who completed 47% of his passes, averaged 5.2 yards per attempt and had 14 TD's and 13Td's and who was taken before Tom Brady who had a great senior year at Michigan because Wynn had a huge arm.  If a QB never had the breakthrough its a gamble to think they will have that breakthrough in the NFL.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

You got that source? Everything I have seen had Romo's hands under 9 inches.

For starters, his Wikipedia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Romo#NFL_career

2003 web archive of NFL.com combine results.

http://web.archive.org/web/20030625064653/http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/romo_tony

I'm sure there are others, but combine results posted by NFL seem fine enough.

1 minute ago, Zim489 said:

Joe had the best college season ever in the most difficult Dickson/conference. Pitt played in arguably the worst division in P5

And Kenny Pickett shredded Dan Marino's records in that "weak" division. There is no denying Burrow had the better season. But also had FAR better weapons on his offense. Now on the flip side Pickett had a higher rated defense than Burrow did. Do I think Pickett is as talented as Burrow? Not in arm talent for sure. But his accuracy reminds me of Burrow. And he is a better runner than Burrow as well.  I do think he is the best QB in this draft and a clear top 5 pick if his small hands check out. 

1 hour ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

For starters, his Wikipedia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Romo#NFL_career

2003 web archive of NFL.com combine results.

http://web.archive.org/web/20030625064653/http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/romo_tony

I'm sure there are others, but combine results posted by NFL seem fine enough.

Hmmm. All I am seeing for hand size on the NFL site is "37". What does that mean exactly? 37 CM would be 11.5 inch hands and I know that isnt right. 

41 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Chances we can get Nakobe Dean or Devin Loyd in the 1st and still get Sam Howell or Malik Willis In the 2d?  I’d be very happy with any combo of this

I'd say extremely, extremely low.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Ball Security said:

To get those guys in the 2nd, sure.  But they could move back into the first and grab one if you are willing to give up a 2nd along with Payne/Sweat.

I don't know that we'll be able to do that. I think Howell and Dean/Lloyd go top 15 right now. That can change, obviously. And I know mocks don't reflect that.

18 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

I'm liking Wyoming LB Chad Muma as a fit for WFT or whatever the name will eventually be. 

Same here. I've been high on him for a while. Was high on Logan Wilson last year and Muma filled in perfectly. 

Big rangy MLB who is a student of the game and comfortable calling plays.

I think Wilson went in the 4rth last year, but after a rookie year with 133 tackles, 2 sacks and I think 6 picks, Muma probably won't get out of the 2nd.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Same here. I've been high on him for a while. Was high on Logan Wilson last year and Muma filled in perfectly. 

Big rangy MLB who is a student of the game and comfortable calling plays.

I think Wilson went in the 4rth last year, but after a rookie year with 133 tackles, 2 sacks and I think 6 picks, Muma probably won't get out of the 2nd.

Wilson went at the top of the third round in the Chase Young draft.  Agree, that he’s a stud.

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

Wilson went at the top of the third round in the Chase Young draft.  Agree, that he’s a stud.

Werner in the second last year. @The Consigliere actually makes a good point in terms of LB value. I don’t follow his process and think it’s a bit too analytical, but the value at LB has shown to be in beyond the first. That’s not to say you can’t get a stud at LB in the first. You can. But you can maximize draft class value better going LB in a different round.

2 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Well I guess I was right that he was drafted.  :ols:

And that he'll go earlier day 2.

if Muma is our 2nd pick, I'm ecstatic. 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Werner in the second last year. @The Consigliere actually makes a good point in terms of LB value. I don’t follow his process and think it’s a bit too analytical, but the value at LB has shown to be in beyond the first. That’s not to say you can’t get a stud at LB in the first. You can. But you can maximize draft class value better going LB in a different round.

If you take a LBer in the first they need to play at Simmons or Parsons levels from day one. 

And great LBers generally only come from the draft. You don't see them in FA much, because it's a relatively affordable position compared to their on field value.

I wouldn't generally advise drafting LB in the first, or safety really, at least not until the very back half, unless they were incredibly special for sure.

• Like 1