Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 ES GM's Mock Draft....

COWBOY-KILLA-

As we head into the draft, a few notes, mostly for newbies but also a reminder for others: 

1. Make sure to Follow This thread. You can do this from the drop down on the for right. See screen below. This way you know when someone posts. This will come in handy as we get into the later rounds and we are not all on every minute... 🙂  See screen capture below. 

2. Once @COWBOY-KILLA- posts the draft order tomorrow, all rosters and draft positions are locked down. Meaning any trades, signhiings, releases etc made by the real teams has zero impact to this draft. At 12 Noon tomorrow we freeze everything.  The only changes can come from internal trades. And there will be plenty 🙂  

3. If you have not done so already, get a list of prospects and put them in some kind of file you can manage (I use Excel). As players are picked remove them from your list. You do NOT want to be that guy who picks someone who has already been picked! You could lose someone you want. Once you make your pick, the next GM can pick. It is not their responsibility to make sure you pick someone available. Sounds harsh but honestly that's real world. At there very least it will be very embarrassing. 

4. Make sure your PM box is cleaned out so you can recieve messages. You will get typically 3 messages, one saying your two picks out, one that you are on deck and one you are up. Also check your notifications as you will be mentioned in the thread when it's getting close to your pick.  Again, this is not a problem in the early rounds when everyone is all over it. But around the 4th or 5th round, it gets a little sloppy. 

5. If it looks like you are not going to be there for your pick, please send someone you trust 3 or 4 options in order so they can make your pick for you. This really helps keep the process going. We have always finished on time. Let's not make this year the first time we don't make it. 

6. The time allotted is to account for bad timing on people's picks coming up - like they are around the other side of the world. It is yours to use how you see it. But please let's not wait the entire 8 hours because you want to trade out of a spot and no one is really giving you any offers. It really slows things down. 

7. If for some reason you have to drop out in the middle - life happens! This is afterall just a game - please let @COWBOY-KILLA- or myself know as soon as possible so we can get a replacement and so we know you are OK. 

8 Read the rules one more time just before we start, especially about time to pick and consequences of missing your pick. Ask us questions if you re not sure how it works. 

Note: Please remember all rules from the stadium still apply in here. You can get a time out or worse banned if you do not follow the site rules. Strictly no politics!! No personal attacks - except the fun ones like razing someone for reaching 3 rds deep for someone (where is @Gibbs Hog Heaven when you need him???)  But no angry personal attacks. That also means don't do anything silly in other parts of the forum to get banned either. We want to see you make it to the end. It's much more fun for everyone. I repeat this we have a few banned and it just takes away from the experience.  

Know that the mods are watching this just like any other thread and will take action if they feel it's necessary. 

Last but not least, a special thanks to @COWBOY-KILLA- for taking on the commissioner duties for a 2nd year in a row! I am helping a little but he has to keep the OP up to date which is a chore I can tell you having taken my own turn as commish. 

Ok, now that's that's out of the way. Have a great time! Draft starts at 12 noon tomorrow!!  

image.png.afa0c2f3aa53089507bd5a62dbe8dae0.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We are Set! 

Please check the OP and you will find the complete draft order, as well as some draft insights based on FA and team needs, below the draft order. 

Please reference the OP as the draft selections will be updated hopefully rather quickly.

Rosters are set, draft order is set, intel is set. It's time for selecting.. Good Luck. 

• Like 2

If y'all could leave Ja'Marr Chase until the 3rd round when I select, I'd greatly appreciate it 🥺

Edit: We just received rumors...Ja'Marr Chase was seen kicking puppies, stealing candy from children, and taking money from the offering plate....he's a bad apple that teams should let fall...

Edited by thelongestbreath
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, thelongestbreath said:

On a completely related note but overly confused.  How come my picks for the Texans are not lining up with what they have on the OP?  Are we taking into account previous years ES draft trades?

If there is a mistake you see please lmk. I created the order from info that was online. espn I believe. I'm not above making a mistake, so lmk what you see.

I just double checked Houston and It looks good. but by all means lmk if I've missed something...

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-

1 minute ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

If there is a mistake you see please lmk. I created the order from info that was online. espn I believe. I'm not above making a mistake, so lmk what you see.

I am looking right now - the OP list does not match mine  but I would not be sure which is right   Let me check and see if I can verify which is correct

8 minutes ago, Owls0325 said:

Jaguars will keep listening for any trade offers for the next little while, otherwise will go ahead with what is a very tricky pick.....

Cousins and our first? 

deal. Cool. Commish lock it up. I have the first pick. No takebacks.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

I just double checked Houston and It looks good. but by all means lmk if I've missed something...

2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I am looking right now - the OP list does not match mine  but I would not be sure which is right   Let me check and see if I can verify which is correct

I agree, it depends which list is accurate, I'm basing mine off PFN Mock Simulator which would give me 3 different picks from what was stated.  ESPN your list is correct.  I'm not sure if you're confused...I'm confused...PFN is confused...ESPN is confused?

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

I got my list Tankathon which has generally been up to date @thelongestbreath  From tankathon I have Houston with the picks shown below. Is that what you have?

:

image.png.aa4d8e4dd0b3fbeaeb37834d20c3d5db.png

I got mine from PFN which has me:

RD 3 Pick 67

RD 4 PICK 109

RD 4 PICK 122

RD 5 PICK 147

RD 5 PICK 158

RD 6 PICK 195

RD 6 PICK 203

RD 7 PICK 212

RD 7 PICK 233

The only thing I can figure is they included potential comp picks and hadn't updated to the correct draft order when I put together my war room(and by war room I mean 3 pieces of paper on an excel spread sheet and the lazy work I've done on certain positions Texans need).

This discussion does have me wondering and I cannot see a clarification in the rules as posted.  If you make a trade for future picks will those future picks be honored in next years mock draft or is it just for laughs?  I know you can only trade away future picks once but if you receive future picks do you keep them?

using NFL .com  these are the texan picks...and unless I need glasses, very possible, its what is in the OP.

• Round 3: No. 67
  • Round 4: No. 109
  • Round 5: Nos. 147, 158 (from Patriots)
  • Round 6: Nos. 195 (from Cowboys through Patriots), 203 (from Washington through Raiders, Dolphins), 212 (from Saints)
  • Round 7: No. 233 (from Bengals)

@thelongestbreath

• Like 1