Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 ES GM's Mock Draft....

COWBOY-KILLA-

The was a difficult decision as sadly the Bengals franchise has failed to follow my drafts on this forum over the years and so find themselves with a lot of holes to fill.  I could have saved them so much pain!

There is an obvious choice here who I won’t name as he is clearly still available but I just feel that there is real depth in this draft along the OL and so I am going to go in another direction.  Therefore, the Cincinnati Bengals select with the 5th pick in the ES Mock draft, the only mock worth reading, Kyle Pitts, TE Florida.

Pitts is a generational talent, potentially on the Travis Kelce, Tony Gonzalez level and possibly the best player in this draft.  The drop off at the position is also steep with no other TE prospects clearly deserving of a first round grade.  The Bengals need to keep Joe Burrows upright and the ability of an elite TE to act as that release valve can be just as effective a way of bearing the rush as adding beef to the OL.  The added bonus being that he is a matchup nightmare who will significantly boost the Bengals attacking options.

Cincinnati is confident that they have won the draft with this selection and is off to smoke a big fat stogie with a glass of Jameson.

image.jpeg.0268c3d15107390956dfb32d14745c05.jpeg

Edited by WelshSkinsFan
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Pitts is my favorite player in the draft, oh well.  But the consolation prize is pretty darned good, too.

With the #6 pick, The Miami Dolphins take:  Penei Sewell.

Dolphins have invested draft capital on the O line in recent years but it still stinks.  I can't pass over the best LT in this draft and arguably one of the better LT prospects of the last 10 years. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Pitts is my favorite player in the draft, oh well.  But the consolation prize is pretty darned good, too.

With the #6 pick, The Miami Dolphins take:  Penei Sewell.

Dolphins have invest draft capital on the O line but it still stinks.  I can pass over the best LT in this draft and arguably one of the better LT prospects of the last 10 years. 

I wonder if you had planned to take Pitts at #3?  Either way, Sewell at #6 is a steal. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

The was a difficult decision as sadly the Bengals franchise has failed to follow my drafts on this forum over the years and so find themselves with a lot of holes to fill.  I could have saved them so much pain!

There is an obvious choice here who I won’t name as he is clearly still available but I just feel that there is real depth in this draft along the OL and so I am going to go in another direction.  Therefore, the Cincinnati Bengals select with the 5th pick in the ES Mock draft, the only mock worth reading, Kyle Pitts, TE Florida.

Pitts is a generational talent, potentially on the Travis Kelce, Tony Gonzalez level and possibly the best player in this draft.  The drop off at the position is also steep with no other TE prospects clearly deserving of a first round grade.  The Bengals need to keep Joe Burrows upright and the ability of an elite TE to act as that release valve can be just as effective a way of bearing the rush as adding beef to the OL.  The added bonus being that he is a matchup nightmare who will significantly boost the Bengals attacking options.

Cincinnati is confident that they have won the draft with this selection and is off to smoke a big fat stogie with a glass of Jameson.

Great pick, was hoping you guys were all day drinking and pitts somehow fell to 9.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, thelongestbreath said:

I'm beyond shocked Pitts went to Cincy vs an OL.  This is why I love mock drafts and wanted to get in last year but y'all had filled up when I finally got back on.

What's nice about the draft this year is there's very likely to be some solid OL available at the top of the 2nd round, too. 

Edited by duffy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, duffy said:

What's nice about the draft this year is there's very likely to be done solid OL available at the top of the 2nd round, too. 

Absolutely but after that horrific injury to Joe Burrow, I may have added two OL with my first two picks.  Grabbed a TE/WR in the 3rd and 4th.  Excellent pick but you gotta protect the franchise pick from last year.  Deep class for sure though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thelongestbreath said:

I'm beyond shocked Pitts went to Cincy vs an OL.  This is why I love mock drafts and wanted to get in last year but y'all had filled up when I finally got back on.

The mock draft here is great because we all bring a different perspective whereas the journalists tend to lock in on a narrative and all their mocks start to look the same.  I have been drafting for the Bengals for 4 years and last year I took Chase Young over Joe Burrow which I would still defend as the right option.  This year I felt that after the signing of Riley Reiff the Bengals were moving away from taking a tackle early.  Reiff came out and said he was going to be switching to start at RT and the Bengals have Jonah Willaims at LT who is only 2 years removed from going 11th overall.  They need Guards but I didn't see the value at 5 and Kyle Pitts is a difference maker, I really do believe a great TE is every bit as important as blocking because it gives the QB an option to get rid of the ball quickly and beat the rush.  Whoever gets Pitts for real is likely to have an elite weapon for 10+ seasons and at the end of the day you don't win anything if you can't move the ball and score in the Red Zone. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

The mock draft here is great because we all bring a different perspective whereas the journalists tend to lock in on a narrative and all their mocks start to look the same.  I have been drafting for the Bengals for 4 years and last year I took Chase Young over Joe Burrow which I would still defend as the right option.  This year I felt that after the signing of Riley Reiff the Bengals were moving away from taking a tackle early.  Reiff came out and said he was going to be switching to start at RT and the Bengals have Jonah Willaims at LT who is only 2 years removed from going 11th overall.  They need Guards but I didn't see the value at 5 and Kyle Pitts is a difference maker, I really do believe a great TE is every bit as important as blocking because it gives the QB an option to get rid of the ball quickly and beat the rush.  Whoever gets Pitts for real is likely to have an elite weapon for 10+ seasons and at the end of the day you don't win anything if you can't move the ball and score in the Red Zone. 

Believe me, I'm completely with that.  Which is why I said I love mock drafts for many of the reasons you already gave.  You very well could even be right in real life, I would just wrap Joe up in bubble wrap and Teflon if I were their GM after watching what he could do and seeing what transpired.  You definitely don't need to sell me on Kyle Pitts, he's an absolute game changer that can line up in multiple spots on the field and be a threat on every play.

• Like 1