Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 ES GM's Mock Draft....

COWBOY-KILLA-

Bo Melton falling to the 7th round is a travesty.  

Angry Parks And Recreation GIF by PeacockTV

But hey the Commanders took two of my picks..Percy Butler and Cole Turner.  A little surprised Butler went that high but I guess after all those safeties went in the 3rd, his measurables were way better then what was left.  And he'll be a gunner day 1.

Edited by drowland
  • Like 2

Packers positions filled through the draft

WR

Real: 2nd, 4th, 7th

Mine: 1st, 3rd, 4th

OL

Real: 3rd, 4th, 7th

Mine: 1st, 5th

LB

Real: 1st

Mine: 2nd

EDGE

Real: 5th

Mine: 2nd

DB

Real: 7th

Mine: 4th

TE

Real: Undrafted

Mine: 7th

RB

LS

DL

Real: 1st, 7th

Mine: Undrafted

Overall, a pretty close fit in needs filled.  I didn't take a dedicated Defensive Lineman, but I did take a versatile EDGE rusher who can play inside.  The positions I drafted for that the Packers did not were all 7th round luxury picks having filled my biggest needs.

My results from the ES draft:

Chicago:

39) Dax Hill.  Actual pick: 31   +8

48) Daniel Faalele. Actual pick: 110  -62

71) Wan'Dale Robinson.  Actual pick: 43  +28

148) Josh Jobe. Actual pick: UDFA  -114

178) Jake Ferguson. Actual pick: 129  +49

186) Abram Smith. Actual pick: UDFA  -76

193) Jayden Peevy. Actual pick: UDFA  -69

Total draft score: -263. Horrid performance.

Hitting on Hill was a no brainer to me. I did hit on Robinson and Ferguson as well. The rest of this draft is abysmal. Having three of your seven picks go undrafted is not good. I am kind of shocked Jobe and Smith both went undrafted. Probably my worst performance ever in the ES draft in all honesty.

New England:

21) Devin Lloyd. Actual pick: 27  -6

54) Roger McCreary. Actual pick: 35  +19

85) Dylan Parham. Actual pick: 90  -5

127) Jalen Nailor. Actual pick: 191  -64

170) Bubba Bolden. Actual pick: UDFA  -92

200) Jack Coan.  Actual pick: UDFA  -62

210) Matt Araiza. Actual pick: 180  +30

Total score: -180

Not a whole lot better performance with New England. My only real hit was McCreary. I had two players go undrafted as well. I can understand Coan not getting drafted. But Bolden surprises me a little bit. We will see how these undrafted players from both teams end up doing in the league. As all of them have been signed to UDFA contracts. But overall this was a very poor year for me in the ES draft. 

I did well with Atlanta. Only big issue was Carson Strong not getting drafted. His medicals were apparently worse than I knew. I also took Treylon Burks higher than most but I stand by that pick. I did really well with my the rest of the rounds with many of my later rd picks going earlier in the real draft. 

If I were an Atlanta fan I would be very happy with this draft. I addressed needs with quality players. You can argue if Burks should go that high or later but he will produce. Big body, very good after the catch, and runs decent routes. Yes, he will need to be more consistent at route running but most rookie WRs do. I like him a lot. I am very clearly in the minority as I am with Drake London. His drops bother me. In fact everything about him (London) reminds me of Laquan Treadwell. I am probably wrong but was willing to take that chance. 

Brisker is not the fishiest but the dude just makes plays. I saw some said they were unimpressed but when you look at his reading of plays and ability to put himself in the right place and finally his versatility, I really liked him. He was a target who I thought might go late 1st. Was glad he was still there in the early 2nd. Kenneth Walker III was pretty close to a steal. He could even go 1st rd. He was clearly one of the top RBs in the draft. To get him late 2nd was awesome. Then Nik Bonitto. As Atlanta continues to change to a 3-4, Nik provides an excellent OLB. He is a bit small for DE and may be a little undersized even for OLB but it's close. He is crazy athletic with great get off and flexibility which should make up for his size. He can also drift inside and out in terms of pass rush. He will need to show he can set the edge for run D and may need to gain a little bulk. But his freakish athleticism was too hard to pass up. 

Then the wheels came off. Carson's medicals must have been worse than I say. I knew I was taking him a little early. But with 5 picks in the first 82, it was worth it take a flier. But he never got drafted. Will watch this one very closely. It may have been the worst pick I have ever made but you never know. 

The rest are all solid players who i got mostly later i nth draft. All in all i addressed all major needs and added some quality depth including a potential QB, even if he didn't get drafted. Overall I am very happy with this draft. Not worried about the numbers. 

image.thumb.png.e4c4f34ffe267805c71f7b545eb17765.png

Arizona was not as good. I ended up with several undrafted players but in fairness they are all in 6th and 7th rds. But still was not a very good draft by the numbers. I think many were surprised how far Booth dripped. But I still believe he is a first rd player. I think it was more need based than him. Max Mitchell was undervalued but I took him too early. I really felt like he is a good fit in AZ and Murray needs better protection. I went OL with the next 2 picks and am good with that. Thier Oline was ****. Kyler or whoever will be under center for AZ next year will be the benefactor of this draft. After that it's mostly nothing but again they were mid 6th or later. But it was just not good. We will see how it goes. 

Overall it was a less than average draft at best. I should have done better. But hey, it's still a lot of fun.

image.thumb.png.129ac7658b790440aed7b839c0929402.png

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 2

On 4/6/2022 at 8:39 AM, Epochalypse said:

1-3      Travon Walker went 1-1, 2 slots higher; +800 draft points

1-13    Jordan Davis went 1-13, 0 slots higher; +0 draft points

2-37    Tyler Smith went 1-24, 13 slots higher; +200 points higher

3-68    Quay Walker went 1-22, 46 slots higher; +530 points higher

3-80    Bryan Cook went 2-62, 18 slots higher; +94 points higher

4-107  Marcus Jones went 3-85, 22 slots higher; +85 points higher

4-119  Cam Taylor-Britt went 2-60, 59 slots higher; +244 points higher

5-172  Taylor Badie, RB went 6-196, 24 slots lower; -9.6 points lower 😒

6-183  Daniel Bellinger went 4-112, 71 slots higher; +43.4 points higher

6-187  Cam Jurgens went 2-51, 136 slots higher; +365 points higher

6-215  Tariq Castro-Fields went 6-221, 6 slots lower; -2.4 points lower 😐

7-245  D'Eriq King undrafted but signed, 17 slots lower; -1 points lower

7-254  Dare Rosenthal undrafted, 8 slots lower; -1 points lower

7-255  Zakoby McClain undrafted but signed, 7 slots lower; -1 points lower

7-260  Dai'Jean Dixon undrafted, 2 slots lower; -1 points lower

All told I gave the Texans +2345.4 draft points better than the real draft, I'll take it.

Obviously, the real test is to see how these players pan out.  From just a draft value perspective, however, I think I held my own.

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

BALTIMORE RAVENS  2022 ES GM's Mock Draft 

1.14  Charles Cross - OT - Miss St. ----- ACTUAL:  #9  (+250)
2.45  David Ojabo - EDGE - Michigan ----- ACTUAL:  #45  (0)  *NAILED IT*
3.76   Jeremy Ruckert - TE - Ohio St ----- ACTUAL:  #101  (-114)
3.100  Cam Thomas, EDGE, San Diego St. ----- ACTUAL:  #87  (+55)
3.102  Cole Strange - OG - Tenn. Chat ----- ACTUAL:  #29  (+548) *SHOCKER*
4.110  Darrian Beavers - LB - Cincinnati ----- ACTUAL:  #182  (-54.4)
4.134  Mario Goodrich - CB - Clemson ----- ACTUAL:  UNDRAFTED  (-39)
4.139  Mykael Wright - CB - Oregon ----- ACTUAL:  UNDRAFTED  (-36.5)
7.205  Zonovan Knight - RB - NC State ----- ACTUAL:  UNDRAFTED  (-10.4)
7.207 Otito Ogbonnia - DL - UCLA ----- ACTUAL:  #160  (+18.8)

Total Value Gained:  617.5
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

• TK unpinned this topic
  • 10 months later...

Who Is in to run it back for 2023? 

i will be reaching out individually over the next couple of days. But if you see this and reply I will take your answers early in this thread and consider you in if you respond.

Please go ahead and let us know. 

I’ll go first, I’m in. 

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Ok so we got 4/5 teams locked in. I’ll start to direct message everyone Soon, see if we can get this going. 

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I have always wanted to do this, but the curse keeps me away.

Any time I try to invest in something like the babe draft or whatever, my real life goes to ****.

If you have a change of heart kmp. It’s easy and fun man. Not too big of a deal. Nothing to stress about, we try and make it easy. 

4 hours ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Ok so we got 4/5 teams locked in. I’ll start to direct message everyone Soon, see if we can get this going. 

If you have a change of heart kmp. It’s easy and fun man. Not too big of a deal. Nothing to stress about, we try and make it easy. 

Thanks. Are the Eagles available?

Ok, the Falcons are in. I would like to propose a temporary rule change to allow player trades. I have a QB I would like to trade. He is slow (well refuses to run), can't throw very far, and is a TO machine when he gets pressured, but he has a lot of moxie and is a really nice guy. I hear thats good for a few 1st rders. Let me know if anyone is interested. 

image.png.33a8f1c477101a3b46e8002e4854f783.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

Ok, the Falcons are in. I would like to propose a temporary rule change to allow player trades. I have a QB I would like to trade. He is slow (well refuses to run), can't throw very far, and is a TO machine when he gets pressured, but he has a lot of moxie and is a really nice guy. I hear thats good for a few 1st rders. Let me know if anyone is interested. 

image.png.33a8f1c477101a3b46e8002e4854f783.png

Motion denied. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've been doing the Dolphins but alas they have no first rounder.  Last time I took on two teams forgetting the other team.  But I can do any two teams if that helps

Ty! So we’ll leave dolphins open and put you down for 2 misc teams atm. Let’s see how it shakes out w/ re-assignments. Thanks again. 

The invites have been sent to everyone, but I want to open it up to other ES members so that we can reduce the amount of teams that some of the guys on here are carrying..

Any ES'er out there that has ever wanted to do this, It's a blast and we try and make it as easy as possible. Lets go! 

• Like 1