Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2022 (Dems in charge of Senate. Reps take the House. Herschel Walker headed back home to ignore his children )

Cooked Crack

Have you voted yet?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Have you voted yet?

• By mail
    • Early voting
    • Not yet
    • can't vote/not voting

4 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I’m still somewhat optimistic on the midterms. I think this could just be a crazy year that isn’t captured in polls. All the special elections to this point show an untracked momentum for Dems, especially following Dobbs and the early voting data looks really good. 

Hoping you’re right, man. Being on a college campus, I wonder every day if the polls adequately represent pissed off young women on TikTok.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, China said:

I don't really like to use the Uncle Tom thing too often but got damn man. I know he's standing in front of a group of mostly white males looking down at him while he does this. And I know he knows that **** too. How embarrassing for him. And his family. 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Pro-Kemp Georgia sheriffs furious at Stacey Abrams for 'good ole boy' remarks: 'Vile and disgusting'

Georgia sheriffs supporting Gov. Brian Kemp, R., are angry at Stacey Abrams' debate remarks suggesting they're "good ole boys" who target African Americans and think the media's demonization of law enforcement played a role in her comments.

Abrams, the Democrat challenging Kemp in the gubernatorial election, retorted to him touting his sheriff endorsements on Sunday night by declaring, "I’m not a member of the good ole boys club. So, no, I don’t have 107 sheriffs who want to be able to take Black people off the streets, who want to be able to go without accountability."

In northeastern Georgia, Jackson County Sheriff Janis Mangum, the second elected female sheriff in state history, told Fox News Digital she found the comments "disgusting" and indicative that Abrams didn't care about law enforcement.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, China said:

Pro-Kemp Georgia sheriffs furious at Stacey Abrams for 'good ole boy' remarks: 'Vile and disgusting'

Georgia sheriffs supporting Gov. Brian Kemp, R., are angry at Stacey Abrams' debate remarks suggesting they're "good ole boys" who target African Americans and think the media's demonization of law enforcement played a role in her comments.

Abrams, the Democrat challenging Kemp in the gubernatorial election, retorted to him touting his sheriff endorsements on Sunday night by declaring, "I’m not a member of the good ole boys club. So, no, I don’t have 107 sheriffs who want to be able to take Black people off the streets, who want to be able to go without accountability."

In northeastern Georgia, Jackson County Sheriff Janis Mangum, the second elected female sheriff in state history, told Fox News Digital she found the comments "disgusting" and indicative that Abrams didn't care about law enforcement.

It's not that Stacey Abrams doesn't care about law enforcement. It's that she doesn't care for white supremist good ole boys. I guess these guys don't like hearing the truth about themselves.

• Like 1

University makes new review of Mastriano's doctoral research

A Canadian university that granted a doctorate in history to Doug Mastriano nearly a decade before he became the Republican nominee for governor of Pennsylvania is investigating a fresh complaint about his work that makes multiple allegations of academic fraud in his recently public dissertation.

University of New Brunswick President Paul Mazerolle told The Associated Press in a phone interview Saturday that the school is also bringing in a team of outsiders to review its policies and procedures for graduate study, including issues raised by how Mastriano's research was handled and evaluated.

“Being subject to a complaint, I need to let that process run its course,” Mazerolle said, “recognizing that there's a time issue, and this is almost 10 years ago this was all propagated. And that's why we need to have this looked at through our complaint processes.”

He said the school's lead integrity officer, chemistry professor David MaGee, is performing an initial review to decide if a full investigation is warranted and who should conduct it. There is no time limit.

• Haha 2

WE’RE WITNESSING THE POST-TRUTH MIDTERMS

On Friday, in the middle of the night, a 42-year-old man broke into the San Francisco home of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. “Where is Nancy?” David DePape yelled. His intended target was in Washington, DC, but her husband, Paul Pelosi, was home. Pelosi managed to get into the bathroom and call 911. The police arrived at 2:27 a.m., in time to witness DePape assaulting the 82-year-old Pelosi with a hammer. DePape is said to have also had a second hammer, along with a roll of tape, white rope, a pair of rubber and cloth gloves, and zip ties. His plan, he reportedly told authorities, was to hold Nancy Pelosi hostage; he’d let her go if she told “the truth,” and break her kneecaps if she “lied.”

The reality of what happened seems clear: A man consumed by conspiracy theories, ranging from the 2020 election to Covid vaccines, targeted the female speaker of the House, a political figure who had been long demonized by the right. It looks like violent rhetoric, alongside rampant misinformation, led to actual violence. But on a corner of the internet—the right-wing echo chamber—the most rational explanation for events was quickly drowned out by wild and reckless claims. And there’s potential for the conspiracies swirling in that chamber to get an even bigger audience now that Elon Musk is running Twitter.

On Sunday morning, around 8:15 a.m., Musk responded to one of Hillary Clinton’s tweets by sharing a story from the Santa Monica Observer, a site “notorious for publishing false news,” as the Los Angeles Times has described it. The story Musk shared, according to The Washington Post, “unspooled a lurid tale about nudists and a tryst gone terribly wrong” and “speculated about Pelosi’s medical condition and the security at the home he shares with the House speaker in San Francisco’s tony Pacific Heights neighborhood.”

Such is the trajectory of information today: The world’s richest man, using a global communications platform he just bought for $44 billion, promotes a story featuring baseless claims to his more than 112 million followers. Musk wasn’t alone in muddying the waters around the Pelosi assault, with Senator Ted Cruz of Texas using Twitter to cast doubt on the motivation for the attack, thus entering the murky post-truth zone where the GOP base operates in its own alternate reality. (Meanwhile, DePape faces several state charges, including attempted murder, residential burglary, and assault with a deadly weapon, to which he’s pleaded not guilty. He’s also facing federal charges, including attempted kidnapping, to which he has not yet entered a plea in court.)

Perhaps it was NBC’s Ben Collins who said it best earlier this week: “Reality can't even exist anymore because it cannot catch up to lies on the internet.”

Many Republican candidates running for the office this midterm cycle have embraced this post-truth ethos, with the majority of those on the ballot this Tuesday having denied or questioned Joe Biden’s victory two years ago. For Republican candidates, it seems, there’s increasingly no incentive to tell the truth.

Take a recent Senate debate in Ohio, where this post-truthfulness was on full display. “We are running for the United States Senate,” Representative Tim Ryan, the Democratic candidate, said onstage. “This is the highest office you could get in this country except for president. And he’s running around backing these extremists. The most extreme people in the country. A guy who denied Sandy Hook. He’s like, ‘No, he’s credible.’”

J.D. Vance, Ryan’s Trump-backed Republican opponent, shot back: “This is a complete fabrication. I never said that.” To which Ryan responded, “You’re on tape, man. It’ll be like 30 minutes, and we’re all going to know you’re lying.”

Perhaps the most absurd case of Republicans operating in a post-truth environment is the lie about kitty litter being provided to children who identify as cats.

The kitty litter story has been popular on the stump this year, with NBC News finding at least 20 conservative candidates and elected officials having pushed it.

Re: The Litter Box Story:

Joe Rogan Admits There Was No Proof Behind His Story About an Angry Parent Forcing Her Daughter’s School to Install a Litter Box

Joe Rogan says the story he told to Tulsi Gabbard about public schools allowing students to use kitty litter boxes in the bathroom, had no proof behind it.

Early last month, Rogan made headlines when he interviewed former congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard and discussed a bizarre incident he claimed happened to his friend’s wife who is a public school teacher.

“My friend, his wife is a school teacher and she works at a school that had to install a litter box in the girls room because there is a girl who’s a furry,” Rogan said.

“Her mother badgered the school until they agreed to put a litter box in one of the stalls. So this girl goes into the litter room or to the girl’s room and urinates or whatever,” he added.

On last Wednesday’s edition of The Joe Rogan Experience, Rogan addressed the story with author Michael Shermer.

A clip from the episode circulated via Reddit user u/Otherwise-Fox-2482 and showed Shermer discussing how the story Rogan told about the kitty litter boxes went viral.

It “got spread around as a meme cause it kind of fit the conservative view of, you know, liberals and their confusion about gender and sex,” Shermer said.

“The kitty litter boxes is a weird one,” Rogan said.

“It’s like an urban legend,” Shermer proclaimed.

“I fed into that and let me — I should probably clarify that a bit. I have a friend and my friend’s wife is a school teacher and she told him that there was discussions in the school that a mother wanted to put a litter box in one of the bathrooms,” Rogan began.

“And he told me this and I talked about it on here and then people were saying, ‘That’s not true, it’s an internet rumor.’ So I contacted him again and I said, ‘Tell me exactly what she said and contact her and find out.’ She no longer works for that school. She works for another school. She contacted the other school. She didn’t get a response,” Rogan added.

“I don’t think they actually did it. I think there was discussions about doing it because there was one particularly wacky mother, but there is — it doesn’t seem that there’s any proof that they put a litter box in there,” he clarified.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

13 minutes ago, China said:

Re: The Litter Box Story:

Joe Rogan Admits There Was No Proof Behind His Story About an Angry Parent Forcing Her Daughter’s School to Install a Litter Box

Joe Rogan says the story he told to Tulsi Gabbard about public schools allowing students to use kitty litter boxes in the bathroom, had no proof behind it.

Early last month, Rogan made headlines when he interviewed former congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard and discussed a bizarre incident he claimed happened to his friend’s wife who is a public school teacher.

“My friend, his wife is a school teacher and she works at a school that had to install a litter box in the girls room because there is a girl who’s a furry,” Rogan said.

“Her mother badgered the school until they agreed to put a litter box in one of the stalls. So this girl goes into the litter room or to the girl’s room and urinates or whatever,” he added.

On last Wednesday’s edition of The Joe Rogan Experience, Rogan addressed the story with author Michael Shermer.

A clip from the episode circulated via Reddit user u/Otherwise-Fox-2482 and showed Shermer discussing how the story Rogan told about the kitty litter boxes went viral.

It “got spread around as a meme cause it kind of fit the conservative view of, you know, liberals and their confusion about gender and sex,” Shermer said.

“The kitty litter boxes is a weird one,” Rogan said.

“It’s like an urban legend,” Shermer proclaimed.

“I fed into that and let me — I should probably clarify that a bit. I have a friend and my friend’s wife is a school teacher and she told him that there was discussions in the school that a mother wanted to put a litter box in one of the bathrooms,” Rogan began.

“And he told me this and I talked about it on here and then people were saying, ‘That’s not true, it’s an internet rumor.’ So I contacted him again and I said, ‘Tell me exactly what she said and contact her and find out.’ She no longer works for that school. She works for another school. She contacted the other school. She didn’t get a response,” Rogan added.

“I don’t think they actually did it. I think there was discussions about doing it because there was one particularly wacky mother, but there is — it doesn’t seem that there’s any proof that they put a litter box in there,” he clarified.

Surprise. Joe Rogan full of ****. I hear he is popular in some circles though. 

“My friend’s wife is a schoolteacher and she says…” is a lead-pipe lock that a right-winger is about blow a St Helen’s of smoke up your ass.  

I’ve seen this exact trope happen in this forum on multiple occasions.  It’s just part of their programming…no way for them to avoid it.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Surprise. Joe Rogan full of ****. I hear he is popular in some circles though. 

5 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

“My friend’s wife is a schoolteacher and she says…” is a lead-pipe lock that a right-winger is about blow a St Helen’s of smoke up your ass.  

I’ve seen this exact trope happen in this forum on multiple occasions.  It’s just part of their programming…no way for them to avoid it.

Pretty safe bet. 

I'd bet $1,000, right now, that Joe Rogan can't find a single "friend's wife" who's welling to say "I told him that". 

Rogan knew it was a lie when he said it. He said "A friend's wife" so he could pretend that he didn't knowingly lie. 

---

And they won't even drop it now. They'll just transition to "lots of people believe". Or "it's still controversial". 

• Thumb down 1

“I’m in no rush”: Voter apathy takes hold of early voting ahead of Texas midterm election

Heading into the Lufkin Walmart on Friday morning, Faye Whitefield did not sound too enthusiastic about this midterm election.

“It is what it is,” said Whitefield, a Democrat who planned to vote later that day. “There’s always going to be something to complain about no matter who is in office, whether a Democrat or Republican.”

Another shopper, Atiba Nicholson, was unsure whether he would vote at all.

“I don’t trust the government, anyway,” he said as he left the store. “It doesn’t really matter.”

After two election cycles of record-breaking turnout, Texas’ major political parties are confronting such apathy this early-voting period, which has seen smaller numbers compared to this point during the 2018 midterm election. It has caused Democrats and Republicans to contemplate whether overall turnout will be lower than expected — and whether 2018 was a new baseline or more of an aberration.

15 minutes ago, Larry said:

And they won't even drop it now. They'll just transition to "lots of people believe". Or "it's still controversial". 

Worse yet they will believe the next outlandish bull**** rumor that his buddies cousin told him (or his contemporaries) indirectly as fact, too. Wont really matter how stupid it is. Though, I admit it will be harder to beat comical irrationality of litter boxes in schools....i have confidence they will try their level best. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Thumb down 1

52 minutes ago, China said:

“I’m in no rush”: Voter apathy takes hold of early voting ahead of Texas midterm election

Heading into the Lufkin Walmart on Friday morning, Faye Whitefield did not sound too enthusiastic about this midterm election.

“It is what it is,” said Whitefield, a Democrat who planned to vote later that day. “There’s always going to be something to complain about no matter who is in office, whether a Democrat or Republican.”

Another shopper, Atiba Nicholson, was unsure whether he would vote at all.

“I don’t trust the government, anyway,” he said as he left the store. “It doesn’t really matter.”

After two election cycles of record-breaking turnout, Texas’ major political parties are confronting such apathy this early-voting period, which has seen smaller numbers compared to this point during the 2018 midterm election. It has caused Democrats and Republicans to contemplate whether overall turnout will be lower than expected — and whether 2018 was a new baseline or more of an aberration.

I look at our county's voting record every day and it's true that voter turnout is lower than 2018. They record number of votes per voting site and then total it up, daily and cumulative. 

Even if Obama wasn’t born in this country, he is a citizen because his mother was one when she birthed him. According to our laws, that allows him to be president. Same with Raphael Canada Cruz. His father was a U.S. citizen. That allowed him to lose the nomination and forced him to go back to his ugly wife. 

Shoot, if RGIII wanted to run for president he could, even  though he was born in Japan. 

I think it’s really sad that we allow people such as Herschel to even attempt to have a voice in our politics. It’s really dangerous for this country.

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Thumb up 1