Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2022 (Dems in charge of Senate. Reps take the House. Herschel Walker headed back home to ignore his children )

Cooked Crack

Have you voted yet?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Have you voted yet?

• By mail
    • Early voting
    • Not yet
    • can't vote/not voting

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I just read that Chuck Grassley is 89 years old.  This makes him older than the chocolate chip cookie. Chocolate chip cookies hadn’t been invented at the time

of his birth. 

Yes, that’s true.  Read that and then read it again. 

He gets to serve another SIX YEARS. 

You guys. C’mon. 

Chocolate chip cookies weren’t on the ballot.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I just read that Chuck Grassley is 89 years old.  This makes him older than the chocolate chip cookie. Chocolate chip cookies hadn’t been invented at the time

of his birth. 

You guys. C’mon. 

Strom Thurmond served until he was over 100.  

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Chocolate chip cookies weren’t on the ballot.

That’s right! Cookies aren’t on the ballots because they would stomp all over the Repubs and Dems! Chocolate Chip Cookies know all about being thrown in the oven to be softened up! But, they hit hard with their beige crumbs and chocolate morsels! Suck it!

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

50 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

of his birth. 

You guys. C’mon. 

he was born on Pangaea 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Haha 5

‘Cucked’: Gab users in full antisemitic meltdown over Doug Mastriano’s loss

Users on the far-right social media platform Gab reacted with anger on Tuesday after Republican state Sen. Doug Mastriano lost his race for Pennsylvania governor.

Mastriano, a 2020 election denier who was present at the U.S. Capitol during the January 6, 2021 riot, became a favorite of the far-right after being endorsed by former President Donald Trump earlier this year.

The state senator also earned the respect of users on Gab after paying CEO Andrew Torba $5,000 to help promote his campaign on the social media website. Torba, a self-described Christian nationalist who regularly spreads antisemitic content, also donated $500 to Mastriano’s campaign.

Mastriano later attempted to distance himself from Gab by deleting his account and claiming that Torba “doesn’t speak for me or my campaign.” Now, Gab users are blaming Mastriano’s reversal for his election loss.

A user with references to the white nationalist Groyper movement in their name argued that Mastriano would have won had he kept his Gab account active.

“Doug Mastriano shouldn’t have cucked and deleted his Gab account months ago,” the user wrote. “He could’ve beaten the voter fraud in Pennsylvania if he kept it.”

Others made antisemitic remarks about Mastriano’s opponent Democrat Josh Shapiro, the state’s two-term elected attorney general turned governor-elect.

“Say Hello to your new Jewish Governor, Josh Shapiro!” another user wrote.

“Thank goodness Doug Mastriano cucked to the Jewish elite and got rid of his Gab account, it sure saved him in the Governor race,” said one.

Click on the link for the full article

Pennsylvania state representative reelected despite being dead

A Pennsylvania state representative who died last month was reelected during the midterm elections, reports say.

Democrat Anthony "Tony" DeLuca died Oct. 9 "after a brief battle with lymphoma, a disease he twice previously beat. He was 85," the Pennsylvania House Democratic Caucus wrote. 

DeLuca was Pennsylvania's longest-serving state rep, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

"While we're incredibly saddened by the loss of Representative Tony DeLuca, we are proud to see the voters to continue to show their confidence in him and his commitment to Democratic values by re-electing him posthumously. A special election will follow soon," Pennsylvania House Democrats said in a tweet.

DeLuca's opponent, Green Party challenger Queonia "Zarah" Livingston, reportedly ran on a decidedly left-wing platform, putting her three main priorities on her website as "environmental justice," "ending the war on drugs," and "reducing gun violence."

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, tshile said:

Does anyone actually believe that’s the first time musk voted for a Republican?

No. I suspect P.W. Botha received his first vote for a Republican.

15 hours ago, tshile said:

Sure. 

but if you don’t understand that internally the Republican Party is fractured, and there is a piece that is part of trumpism and a piece that rejects it and thinks it’s destroying the party, and if you can’t see that one part of that fracture performed one way and the other performed a different way… and you don’t see how all of this plays into 2024… I don’t know what to tell you. You’re taking an incorrect, high level look at something that isn’t what you think it is. 

Disclaimer: I simply don't have the time to read the rest of the thread right now, so please accept my apologies in advance if my points have already been made.

I can't entirely tell from the tone of your posts whether you're glad we dodged a bullet or if you're just gloating over the alleged return of the establishment wing of the Grand Oligarch’s Party, or perhaps a bit of both. That said, I'll just throw this out there. Off the top of my head, IIRC, the Tя☭mp wing of the Grand Oligarch’s Party makes up perhaps a third. However, even the most clownish of the candidates were either competitive or just short of it. To my knowledge, none of them scored in the 30-40% range. So, either there's significant crossover voting between the parties, or most likely, the vast majority of the non-Tя☭mp Republic voters voted for the clowns anyway.

What this says to me is that the schism you're talking about isn't nearly as much of a thing as perhaps you think it is. First, with only a few exceptions, the establishment Republics were all happy to get on board with trying to overturn the will of the voters, violently or otherwise. Moreover, based on the performance of the candidates you yourself agree were 💩💩, outside of the Tя☭mp cult, the vast majority of Republic voters weren't turned off enough by authoritarianism to not vote for these people. If the schism you speak of were really a thing, the establishment Republics would have formed a bloc to oppose the attempt at hijacking the election and the 💩💩 candidates wouldn't have even been remotely competitive. In other words, most Republics want a more competent version of Tя☭mp who doesn't say the quiet stuff out loud, but nonetheless pursues similar policies. Enter DeathSantis. If you examine what he's done in Florida, e.g. election police, downplaying COVID and the firing of Rebekah Jones for whistleblowing, pushing the critical race theory red herring, trafficking undocumented immigrants to other states to score political points, political favoritism in who received COVID vaccines first, and so on, his landslide victory in Florida and the competitiveness of most of the 💩💩 Republic candidates points to major Grand Oligarch’s Party support for a Tя☭mp-like agenda, just without Tя☭mp himself. Most likely, DeathSantis will be the next POTUS. So yeah, U.S. democracy narrowly dodged a bullet in the midterms...maybe. However, over the intermediate to longer term, the arrow is still pointing to fascism. That's nothing to crow over.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1. I hear Trump was going to announce his run, now the GOP not only doesn't want him to run, but they're asking him to wait to announce until after the Georgia run off. Yeah, GOP, keep kicking the can down the road. We need Trump to announce his run ASAP before Ron grows a pair and decides to throw his hat into the race.

2. The GOP dies with the boomers and well...they're dying. Its only going to get worse for them as time goes on, thats why I find Florida funny. GOP sees it as some kind of bell wether, some kind of seed that need to be planted for the future. No, this is a last stand. Florida is the last bastion for the GOP, two days ago I said "**** Florida! Let the GOP have it. Now I say "**** Florida! Stomp it and the GOP out once and for all".

3. I find it funny that so many people (on this board even) thought that abortion right, not have a say over your own body, having rights that you were born with taken away because...fun? Wouldn't push people to vote, but the price of gas and bread will. Sure, people will vote for the GOP because they don't want to spend the extra dough on dough, **** my personal, civil rights. I'm going to vote for the party that is causing the inflation and taking my rights. Why some of you thought that would overtake the midterms is beyond me. A lot of this thought came for the older voters, even more reason for you all to step aside.

4. Millennials and Gen Z saved democracy. I find it funny that the groups this country ****s on the most, seem to be the ones that are always coming through for this country. Blacks vote to save democracy, women, millennials/gen z, etc yet its always the older, white conservatives that this country needs to be saved from. Thank your voters, give them credit and continue to reward them, they will continue to reward you.

Edit:

5. I forgot to mention that the GOP also (for whatever reason) believed their own, skewed polling. I mean, its one thing to lie to your constituents, but what do you get from lying to yourselves? Apparently, not a red wave.

Edited by Simmsy
  • Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

I don’t think DeSantis benefits from jumping out there and locking horns with Trump 23 months before the next election. He can build his organization and wait and see what happens with Trump’s legal issues. Trump attacked him right before this 2022 election to tell him to get out of the way and DeSsntis essentially brushed it off as he had an election to win.

My guess is when DeSantis is ready to fully engage, he will. And I imagine that’s when many in the party will have enough momentum to fully separate themselves from Trump, especially with him mired in the legal issues to come. 

• Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I don’t think DeSantis benefits from jumping out there and locking horns with Trump 23 months before the next election. He can build his organization and wait and see what happens with Trump’s legal issues. Trump attacked him right before this 2022 election to tell him to get out of the way and DeSsntis essentially brushed it off as he had an election to win.

My guess is when DeSantis is ready to fully engage, he will. And I imagine that’s when many in the party will have enough momentum to fully separate themselves from Trump, especially with him mired in the legal issues to come. 

Not that I'm rooting for Rhonda here but he should.  

Trump's at the end of a Mortal Kombat fight and someone's gotta come up with a good finishing move.

ColossalWanDegus-size_restricted.gif

Yeah, I spent like 5 minutes looking at Mortal Kombat fatalities and I thought this one was the best.  Cause it's Scorpion and Sub Zero.  So like, DeSantis and Trump are kinda the same, you know?  

Good times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

When DeSantis became governor, he got inaugurated in early Jan 2019. I assume he has to go through another inauguration after his reelection, and given he ran for the position, would think he's going to wait at least until after that before announcing whether he throws his hat in.

Edited by hail2skins
  • Like 1