Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2022 (Dems in charge of Senate. Reps take the House. Herschel Walker headed back home to ignore his children )

Cooked Crack

Have you voted yet?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Have you voted yet?

• By mail
    • Early voting
    • Not yet
    • can't vote/not voting

Can't believe its been two years already...

Anyways, how are you guys watching this thing? I've now got two tvs in the room, I'm going to put one on MSNBC and the other on David Pakman (I assume he'll be streaming) and switching between the "Pod Save America" guys. The computer will be used for this thread, of course.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

You know what's ****ing dumb? The electoral college. Only a dozen countries use it that's how dumb it is.

Othee countries with electoral college systems include Burundi, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Madagascar, Myanmar, Pakistan, Trinidad and Tobago and Vanuatu. 

Good company no doubt. 🤭

I'm pretty sure we have an EC thread.  Take that stuff there.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I used to plan a barcrawl with friends in college (turn of the millenium, so 20-25 years ago).  It was good-natured fun to watch the results come in state by state regardless of party.  Now it feels like severe pain to even follow the election and its results.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Can't believe its been two years already...

Anyways, how are you guys watching this thing? I've now got two tvs in the room, I'm going to put one on MSNBC and the other on David Pakman (I assume he'll be streaming) and switching between the "Pod Save America" guys. The computer will be used for this thread, of course.

I’m not. 

Putting Spifftavious to bed, watching some Sopranos with the wife, taking a shot of NyQuil, and going to bed. 

Will check everything out in the morning and see what’s what. But I ****ing can’t deal with night of election coverage anymore.  It’s exhausting. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

21 minutes ago, tshile said:

@Simmsy

in a big conference room surfing channels and everyone’s checking twitter and various sites. 

Conference room? Are you having an election party?

14 minutes ago, balki1867 said:

I used to plan a barcrawl with friends in college (turn of the millenium, so 20-25 years ago).  It was good-natured fun to watch the results come in state by state regardless of party.  Now it feels like severe pain to even follow the election and its results.

I used to get several pounds of crabs legs, grab a ton of booze, take Wednesday off and do it all night long. I can't afford crab legs and I don't drink anymore. Instead its iced tea, bong hits and trip to Sheetz.

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I’m not. 

Putting Spifftavious to bed, watching some Sopranos with the wife, taking a shot of NyQuil, and going to bed. 

Will check everything out in the morning and see what’s what. But I ****ing can’t deal with night of election coverage anymore.  It’s exhausting. 

I can't not watch, I have to watch until I HAVE to go to bed.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Conference room? Are you having an election party?

I used to get several pounds of crabs legs, grab a ton of booze, take Wednesday off and do it all night long. I can't afford crab legs and I don't drink anymore. Instead its iced tea, bong hits and trip to Sheetz.

I can't not watch, I have to watch until I HAVE to go to bed.

Well, enjoy. Sheetz has some good grub. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I just don’t see things (key Senate elections) getting called tonight.  I’ll watch the returns some, but could see myself tuning out.

NPR was trying to tell me that the D’s 2024 Presidential chances will be greater if they lose the house.  Not sure I buy that, but there’s some logic there.

5 hours ago, tshile said:

Pew says federal annual reports (cdc and fbi) aren’t available but goes on to discuss other types of reports that are. 

I can’t read the article and it’s not in the part you copy/pasted. Is their data from the annual reports from cdc/fbi? If not then there’s no conflict there 

Note: 2021 and 2022 rates are estimates.Source: AH Datalytics, F.B.I.

• Thanks 1