Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Guardian: Joe Biden's gender discrimination order offers hope for young trans athletes - Discussion Thread

TD_washingtonredskins

While elite tournaments are open there are women specific championships and titles, such as

Woman Grandmaster (WGM)

Woman International Master (WIM)

Woman FIDE Master (WFM)

Woman Candidate Master (WCM).

The requirement for these titles is about 200 points lower than the equivalent open titles. e.g. 2300 rating for WGM versus 2500 for GM.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'll hold my pitty for someone not helping lead an organization that drives plenty of other people to suicide.

I'm not a fan of pity either, especially for someone who posts stuff like that on Instagram and Reddit and expects no one to figure out its him.

Having said that, I don't get the jist from this he was some massive anti-trans pushing hypocrite:

The blog reported that Copeland, a Republican, confirmed that the accounts were run by him, saying they were a “hobby” he used for “getting rid of stress.” 1819 News reported that Copeland asked them to not out him, but they did so anyway, even though it does not appear he had taken any public positions against LGBTQ issues that could be construed as hypocritical.

So, yeah, no to pity, I just can't imagine what kinda **** some trans kid in that town might be going through if that's how they did their mayor.  And reading the article, it reads more like he was cross-dressing to relieve stress then actually trans...his Wife was helping him take the photos and post them. 

I imagine the article actually accusing him of being trans that lead him to taking his life had far more details...i don't feel like reading it right now honestly, too early in am, plus he's admitted to pretty much everything except being trans...so that reads like either article was either trying to prove it or did.

Sigh...him giving advice to folks on transitioning is interesting...but cross dressing isn't a secret if somebody knows, let alone posts on social media...im not sure what he thought would happen as his position as a public figure...in this country, especially that part of the country, him being outted was likely inevitable.

The directive, which Vary provided to NBC News, stated that Vary had to change their courtesy title to comply with the Florida law that bars teachers from sharing their pronouns and titles with students if they don’t align with their birth sex. Anderson did not immediately respond to a request for comment. 

Vary did not change the title and said they were suspended on Sept. 15. They said they exchanged emails with human resources about using various gender-neutral titles, like professor, but the school said professor was a title only used in college environments and not in K-12 schools, “despite the fact that I have been using it in my career for the entire 15 years that I’ve been working,” Vary said. 

They were terminated on Oct. 24 because they would not change the title. They said they filed the EEOC complaint because their right to their preferred title in line with their gender identity is a civil rights issue. They also have the privilege to take on a potential legal battle while unemployed because they have a partner with a stable job, they said.

• Thumb down 1

On 11/8/2023 at 5:24 PM, Cooked Crack said:

This is complete bull****. Even back when Shakespeare's day where men played women in his plays, this has hatred and bigotry written all over it.

I've been married 3 times and am engaged to a woman. I have 4 children, 2 boys and 2 girls. They are well adjusted (thank God they aren't like their dad...lol). My eldest daughter is married to a Dominican,  my sons are married to white women, and my youngest daughter is engaged to a black man (a great kid that I enjoy talking to).

So why in the everloving **** does this bull**** happen?!? So cause this kid want to be different this bans him/her from participating in a play?!? This is ****ing ridiculous and is a few white folks that are scared of **** they shouldn't be scared of. Christ help us.

By the way, I'm a white man. And I don't give a flying **** what men and women do or identify as. It's their choice.

HTTR!

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, skinsfan4128 said:

By the way, I'm a white man. And I don't give a flying **** what men and women do or identify as. It's their choice.

HTTR!

Just don't dare identify as a ghost or skinsfan4128 will doxx you and put your photo up all over the internet. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

Wow now you're denying it. 

I've got the receipts right here:

https://es.redskins.com/topic/451131-post-something-creepy-the-return/?do=findComment&comment=12576435

What does a ghost sighting (or not if you don't believe it was one) have to do with the post on gender? Lol.

Think you're reading too much into that one, dfitzo. Lol.

HTTR!

Um. Definitely watched boys and girls play opposite gender roles in school plays all the way down to elementary school in the red blooded county I live in my whole life

because that’s what you do when you lack the right balance of students in drama club or whatever, or if there’s an imbalance skill wise

And it never once been a problem for anyone. Until now. 

Seems to me everyone thought it was the cutest thing little Sarah was playing the main character, which is a boy in the actual story, because she’s just that much better than everyone else and earned the main role….

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1