Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

17 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

There's legit use for Curl & Collins on the field at the same time. Works particularly well in multiple TE sets and where you have a shutdown CB. 

I'd also say Samuels can definitely take the top off a D opposite McClaurin at a Z.  He's sub 4.4 and can run the whole route tree. 

Those are legit packages in that tweet.

She didn't list packages.  She gave a specific lineup.

What I said was:

A.  She lists one of the three starting WRs as Cam Sims.  IMO "meh".    And yes Sims likely would play Z, I presume.

B.  I am not sure Curl is a FS but a nickel-slot defender or SS.  Your point is Curl with Collins could be on the same field at the same time in double TE sets.  OK.  But it has nothing to do with my point that we might need a FS.   We play some single high.  Having a FS who covers deep would help. 

C.  We could use another receiver.  Whether you switch Samuel to outside (where he didn't play as well in Carolina) or slot, that doesn't take that point away.  OK, lets make Samuel the Z for argument sake.  If so then we could use a slot WR. 

D.  We could use a MLB.  And another TE. 

I am not trying to rain on her parade or yours if you think we are stacked at FS and at Z WR or whatever, that's cool.  i am just giving my opinion.  I like our roster.  but yes I don't think we are stacked everywhere, I think we got more work to do.  But I have faith in the people who are running this team.   

Just listing my points of concern.  IMO its not like this roster has no weakness.  I am as giddy as anyone about FA thus far.  But we got more work to do IMO. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

Just now, PartyPosse said:

Oh right Darby. Where did SDH go?

Lions

Just now, Fresh8686 said:

Don’t know how credible...

They are often right when quoting others but when they go off on their own not sure if they are reliable.  They were contending we wanted Anthony Harris but didn't see that anywhere else.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

I know you were trying to be funny but there is actually a lot of truth to this. We used to work out our differences. Some of my best lifelong friends were people I had fights with growing up. Social Media is the absolute worst invention in human history. All people do is yell at each other in cyberspace. I use Twitter only for football news now. The place is an absolute cesspool of hate.

Was not trying to be funny at all.

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I’d be happy if we brought another DB in. Even Nelson who is being shopped by the Steelers. We’re clearly drafting LBs. 

Seems like there are plenty of fish in the ocean at CB in FA.  So it might be the better way to go.

At LB IMO you got a B level player left and two C plus ones in FA. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

She didn't list packages.  She gave a specific lineup.

They're basically the same thing. LOL...I'm not busting your balls.

Obviously they're not skipping the draft and there's more holes to fill but FA is adding pieces. 

I think you're drilling a bit deep into that tweet.  The point was the legit personnel on both sides of the ball and what a base looks like at this point, I think.

So yeah, a MLB'er is paramount.  OT is a concern imo.

All the other holes can be addressed along the road to a competitive camp.  I'm not a draft guru but they got a few who are up there. 

I'd imagine they'll get a few starters in the draft once again. 

11 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Oh right Darby. Where did SDH go?

https://overthecap.com/free-agency/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I disagree, nothing wrong with Facebook at all. My family has Facebook accounts (my grandpa, who doesn’t text, so it’s how we keep in touch with him). Our cousins are all on Facebook, we have a family reunion Facebook page (for our annual reunion) 

social media isn’t all bad 🤷🏻‍♂️

Communicating and what have ya via Facebook I support %100...have no issues with anyone using Facebook to stay in contact with friends and family..I dont use it but to each there own...cooley fan..what I'm talking about is...wellllll...well..its..its just for example..haaa...

I got a whole new living room set today and I have the kids take the old lamps to the dumpster in the alley...I ****ed up two ways... I picked out the living room set without my wife being with me.. then I have the kids throw the lamps away that had very expensive light bulbs in them I guess,  well the pieces of ****s down stairs are hoarders and had those lamps out of the dumpster within minutes of throwing them away, my wife comes home pissed that I threw her expensive bulbs away so I had the kids go back out and get the bulbs out of the lamps well the piece of **** hoarder down stairs had the lamps..so I pounded on the door demanding them back...he wanted 10 for each of them...we had some words and I got my bulbs back...for free.

Point is.. 99% of you or people out there would have went on Facebook or something and complained about it and not done anything about it my **** Cooley is people need to learn how to talk to people in person again

Edited by bakedtater1

3 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Point is.. 99% of you or people out there would have went on Facebook or something and complained about it and not done anything about it my **** Cooley is people need to learn how to talk to people in person again

Yup!

I'm a 85 yr. old Italian woman from Jersey on social media just so I can complain in peace!

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

They're basically the same thing. LOL...I'm not busting your balls.

Obviously they're not skipping the draft and there's more holes to fill but FA is adding pieces. 

I think you're drilling a bit deep into that tweet.  The point was the legit personnel on both sides of the ball and what a base looks like at this point, I think.

So yeah, a MLB'er is paramount.  OT is a concern imo.

All the other holes can be addressed along the road to a competitive camp.  I'm not a draft guru but they got a few who are up there. 

I'd imagine they'll get a few starters in the draft once again. 

https://overthecap.com/free-agency/

Cool, got it.   She was riding on the current lineup as it stands today and touting it.  I pointed out the weaknesses in that lineup, that's all.  

As for the draft, if they don't take a QB then LT is stacked in the first round -- that would be my guess as where they'd go -- Cosmi-Darrisaw?  You can likely get a good TE in the 2nd, i've talked about it plenty on the draft thread.   WR and LB perhaps in the third.  I hate leaving major needs to the draft and I am a big BPA guy.  But BPA and needs might converge in our favor more than the typical year.

Addressing QB-LT-LB early in the same draft might be tricky.  Having said that every team has weaknesses.  Some spots will end up weak.  It's just reality with the cap. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Seems like there are plenty of fish in the ocean at CB in FA.  So it might be the better way to go.

At LB IMO you got a B level player left and two C plus ones in FA. 

Agree. I think we should draft a couple of LB’s and go from there. 

@bakedtater1 @Cooleyfan1993 and others discussing Social Media - Can you please move your conversation to the Tailgate or pretty much anywhere but here? This is really for free agents. Would like to keep the conversation to just that as much as we can.  

Thanks! 

Good signing for the Giants in Golladay. But that's a lot of money for a guy coming off that kind of injury. Wonder what the gauranteed money is. May make more sense.

Also not sure they have the right QB. Jones to me is a really nice back-up. 62% comp - lots of TOs, esp fumbles. And TDs went way down last year from his first year. Maybe he gets better but I would not bet on it. And have they ruined Barkley? How much #1 juice does he have left? 

I know we lost to the giants but we still won the division. If we lose to the giants twice a year but win the division every year, OK I can live with that. I do think they are better than people think. That D can play when their play calling is good. But their Oline is suspect and like I said, not sure Jones is the one to lead them to the SB. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1