Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

Piecing together reports, it kinda feels to me like the Samuel is already a done deal and the hold up is how their firm is handling Golladay.  I can see a scenario where they want him signed first.

Just seems like a foregone conclusion that Samuel is coming here.

1 hour ago, Jericho said:

Did you just call Hilton a #1 receiver for 2021?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47grplw5xw289t6qltxq

Colts 2020 WR depth chart:

1. T.Y. Hilton

2. Michael Pittman

3. Parris Campbell

So yeah, based on most recent gameplay, he's a WR1.  Whether or not he's one of the top WR1s in the league is a different conversation.  And whether or not he could come here and be an effective 1A/1B lined up across from McLaurin is another conversation.  He dealt with Luck retiring, and noodle-arm Rivers throwing him the ball the last 2 years with defenses keying on him. 

He's a great buy low candidate with tons of experience, great hands, no diva attitude, and probably willing to take a lower, prove it deal to show he can still play at a high level.  Id rather have a proven guy like him with good work ethic who we can rely on for 2 years without breaking the bank or jepordizing a future deal for McLaurin.

He's a perfect bridge Wr 

27 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Golladay is a tough one, he’s not a real separator. You’d like an $18-20mil guy to be an elite separator. He makes a loooot of tough catches, how does one project that? Marvin Jones has experienced great production in the scheme as well .

Kind of like all the discussion about paying above average QBs elite money. Golladay is good, but is he top 10 good? 

I don't think 18 million is in play for him.  Finlay talked about this point this morning which is Schefter said Golladay turned down 18 million a year from Detriot before FA and now its looking like he might have to take a lot less.  Finlay speculating that maybe his agent (same one represents Samuel and Fuller) might be trying to save face on this and they are holding up the market looking for a big payday that might not happen.  Some speculate the domino on Golladay needs to fall becauseit will help set the market for others. 

Right now the contract to me that sticks out like a swore thumb is Agholor at 13 million.  I like Agholor apparently more than most on this thread but that was because I envisioned him as a cheap WR.  I thought he'd get a contract similar to the one M. Jones ended up getting.   13 million is nuts IMO. 

Golladay among others deserve IMO more than Agholor.  But it doesn't sound like he's getting those type of offers, yet.  If so I wonder how FO's go about discounting what the Pats paid for Agholor as an anchor for other contracts -- do they just say that's Belichick and the dude spends like a drunken sailor and he doesn't count since he operates differently?  It's weird how Belichick overnight has switched from being frugal in FA to Cerrato on steroids.   

• Like 1

Just now, Chris 44 said:

Not understanding the Sundberg move. Anyone have any idea why they would move on from him?

Vet minimum is tied to number of years played in the league. My guess is they think they can get the same production at half the cost. Sad to see him go.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

What’s the purpose for not bringing him back?  I can’t recall any bad snaps over the years.

Have to assume it's money.  Honestly there are so few bad snaps on special teams around the league.  That should be a min salary position.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't think 18 million is in play for him.  Finlay talked about this point this morning which is Schefter said Golladay turned down 18 million a year from Detriot before FA

I think the underlying message there is that he simply wanted out of Detroit, first and foremost.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chris 44 said:

Not understanding the Sundberg move. Anyone have any idea why they would move on from him?

I think it’s because it was the final year of his contract and he’s getting up there in age. Team probably wants to get younger there. 

i interned with the equipment staff at training camp in 09 and one of my duties was to work the JUGS machine for the special team, so i hung around nick, and suisham and Hunter The Punter. Sundberg was a class act, a really friendly person. Gonna miss him 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

He played well for sure but is it sustainable? Remember Chris Horton? The league is filled with unheralded guys who flash for a year but then get figured out. I think Kam Curl is legit but I'm not sure about Reeves.

Did everyone forget about Deshazor Everett? Did he leave Via Free agency?  I thought he was playing better then Reeves.

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I think it’s because it was the final year of his contract and he’s getting up there in age. Team probably wants to get younger there. 

i interned with the equipment staff at training camp in 09 and one of my duties was to work the JUGS machine for the special team, so i hung around nick, and suisham and Hunter The Punter. Sundberg was a class act, a really friendly person. Gonna miss him 

Thing is he's like 33.  LS can play until their 40.  He's had injuries the past several years of some sort so maybe that has something to do with it. 

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

not sure that would matter, it’s still Detroit without Stafford.

I think it would have matter somewhat that if the new regime made the offer that would tell me that they believed in him but if it was the old regime well that would be under stable in why he turned it down.