Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Buffalo Football Team vs Baltimore Football Team

TK

Going to be really interesting to see what Baltimore does with Jackson. He’s a FA after ‘22... and the super mobile QBs that aren’t great as throwers can help your offense in a game where you take the lead and hinder it if you’re down. 

I’d bet they get a deal done with him but going to still be an interesting situation...

I gotta admit, last season I kicked the tires on actually rooting for the Ravens out of disgust over Dan Snyder's team.  But then I saw Ravens fans actually asking who was better between Lamar and Mahomes. I'm not kidding.

So I had to pull back, what we saw yesterday is who he is.  I agree with @KDawgonce again, the Ravens are going to have a very hard decision to make. I can't seem them not signing him to a huge deal, and that may cripple them.  

28 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I gotta admit, last season I kicked the tires on actually rooting for the Ravens out of disgust over Dan Snyder's team.  But then I saw Ravens fans actually asking who was better between Lamar and Mahomes. I'm not kidding.

So I had to pull back, what we saw yesterday is who he is.  I agree with @KDawgonce again, the Ravens are going to have a very hard decision to make. I can't seem them not signing him to a huge deal, and that may cripple them.  

As a playmaker you can’t discount Lamar. And he is improving as a passer for sure. He’s a quarterback and a good one. The problem is that with a super mobile QB like him who isn’t a strong passer... you need your backups to be similar players because the offense isn’t built around a pocket or a more pocket type...

And then you wind up with... what we saw last night. 

His next contract could cripple the Ravens. Going to be interesting.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

As a playmaker you can’t discount Lamar. And he is improving as a passer for sure. He’s a quarterback and a good one. The problem is that with a super mobile QB like him who isn’t a strong passer... you need your backups to be similar players because the offense isn’t built around a pocket or a more pocket type...

And then you wind up with... what we saw last night. 

His next contract could cripple the Ravens. Going to be interesting.

I just think players like this are fools gold. If you have a QB who can't be counted on to bring a team back late in the game through the air then you don't have a QB you can compete for a ring with year after year.  Now he's the best player in this mold, he DOES change games with his running ability. But to me a QB has to be able to hit what he's throwing at, always my issue with Dwayne before all the other stuff came out.  

Before I judge Lamar as a passer, I need to see what a more traditional QB would do with that same set of receivers. For whatever reason, the Ravens have always had a subpar WR lineup, going back to their championship days. Slow and unimpressive.

Lamar does seem to come up short in the big games, and that's a big red flag. The champion QBs all seem to have that gift for making something happen when everything else breaks down, whether it's with their arms or legs.

21 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I just think players like this are fools gold. If you have a QB who can't be counted on to bring a team back late in the game through the air then you don't have a QB you can compete for a ring with year after year.  Now he's the best player in this mold, he DOES change games with his running ability. But to me a QB has to be able to hit what he's throwing at, always my issue with Dwayne before all the other stuff came out.  

It would be interesting if a team could figure out how to use him and a pocket QB at times. He CAN throw just wildly inconsistent. You get a passer that CAN run and then use them both and it could be interesting. The economics don’t add up so... it won’t happen. But...

The Bills executed their game plan to perfection with stopping Lamar on the ground first.  Once that happened, it was basically game over.  IMO, Harbaugh or the powers that be with the Ravens are going to have to change that offense to make Lamar a pure pocket passer or move him to WR or RB and find them their franchise QB.

Archived