Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath


Cooked Crack
 Share

Recommended Posts

I can't (yes, I really can, but you know what I mean) believe that Ashli Babbitt is becoming a ****ing folk hero to these assholes.

 

She got what she deserved, I have no problem saying it.  She busted through a window at the Capitol on Jan 6th.  **** Donald Trump Jr. with a rusty crowbar in the ass for trying to equate her death to George Floyd.  It's not even on the same planet as far as a comparison goes.  

 

Play stupid games, you get stupid prizes.  

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

House Jan. 6 committee issues subpoenas for Trump aides and advisers, including Meadows and Scavino

 

The House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol has issued subpoenas to two top Trump White House officials, former chief of staff Mark Meadows and former deputy chief of staff Dan Scavino, as well as to Kash Patel, who was serving as chief of staff to the acting defense secretary that day. An additional subpoena targets longtime Trump adviser Stephen K. Bannon.

 

The subpoenas were announced Thursday evening by the committee, which has moved its inquiry into a new, more aggressive stage after requesting White House records last month and sending preservation requests for records to telecom and social media companies.

 

Trump and his team have condemned the select committee’s inquiry since it began, vowing to fight its demands for documents and interviews with claims of executive privilege. A debate about a former president’s ability to restrict access to information and individuals has already begun in Washington — and is likely to become dramatically more intense now that these first subpoenas have been issued.

 

Along with asking Meadows, Scavino, Patel and Bannon to hand over records, the committee is instructing the four men to appear for depositions in mid-October.

 

Click on the link for the full article

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Biden decides it would be inappropriate to assert executive privilege in January 6 investigation

 

President Joe Biden generally does not expect to assert executive privilege to shield Trump-era records from being seen by a congressional committee investigating the January 6 insurrection attempt, the White House said on Friday.

 

"We take this matter incredibly seriously," White House press secretary Jen Psaki said in a Friday press briefing. "The President has already concluded that it would not be appropriate to assert executive privilege."


"We will respond promptly to these questions as they arise," Psaki added. "And certainly as they come up from Congress and certainly we have been working closely with congressional committees and others as they work to get to the bottom of what happened on January 6, an incredibly dark day in our democracy."

 

Click on the link for the full article

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 million Americans say Biden is ‘illegitimate’ and Trump should be restored by violence, survey finds

 

A recent Washington demonstration supporting those charged with crimes for the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol fizzled, with no more than 200 demonstrators showing up. The organizers had promised 700 people would turn out – or more.

 

But the threat from far-right insurrectionists is not over.

 

For months, my colleagues and I at the University of Chicago Project on Security and Threats have been tracking insurrectionist sentiments in U.S. adults, most recently in surveys in June. We have found that 47 million American adults – nearly 1 in 5 – agree with the statement that “the 2020 election was stolen from Donald Trump and Joe Biden is an illegitimate president.” Of those, 21 million also agree that “use of force is justified to restore Donald J. Trump to the presidency.”

 

Our survey found that many of these 21 million people with insurrectionist sentiments have the capacity for violent mobilization. At least 7 million of them already own a gun, and at least 3 million have served in the U.S. military and so have lethal skills. Of those 21 million, 6 million said they supported right-wing militias and extremist groups, and 1 million said they are themselves or personally know a member of such a group, including the Oath Keepers and Proud Boys.

 

Click on the link for the full article

 

Edited by China
  • Thumb down 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/19/2021 at 9:40 PM, China said:

Capitol rioter screams and says she has right to ‘self determination’ as judge sends her to jail

 

A Pensylvania woman who allegedly threatened to “hang” Nancy Pelosi during the 6 January Capitol riots has been ordered back to prison ahead of her trial.

 

Federal prosecutors had reported that Pauline Bauer was refusing to follow court orders, which led a judge to revoke her pre-trial release at a court hearing on Friday.

 

Ms Bauer has allegedly refused to surrender her passport, confirm her address, let pretrial services inspect her home or call to check in once a week, all conditions of her release, reports Courthouse News.

 

NBC 4 Washington’s Scott McFarlane posted on Twitter that Bauer claims she is a “sovereign citizen” ie one of the growing movement of people who believe that laws do not apply to them. During the hearing, she told the judge that she is not subject to the court’s supervision and denied its authority to hold her in custody. “I have a right to my self-determination,” she told the judge, adding: “I do not agree to any tacit agreement that puts me back in the water. I am on the land.”

 

Click on the link for the full article

 

 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

‘They Look Like Tourists’: Tucker Carlson Downplays Capitol Riot, Then Suggests It Was an Inside Job

 

Tucker Carlson attempted to completely rewrite the history of the January 6 Capitol riot by severely downplaying it on his show Thursday night, saying those who breached the Capitol looked like “tourists.”

 

He also suggested that federal agents played a key role in storming the building.

 

Carlson selectively showed footage of Capitol breachers engaged in nonviolent behavior. One clip he aired depicted people milling about in the Senate wing of the building.

 

“You don’t see people hiding bombs, or using bayonets, or firing weapons trying to take over the country with an insurrection,” said Carlson. “You see people walking around and taking pictures. They don’t look like terrorists, they look like tourists.”

 

The Fox News host’s “tourists” remark calls to mind Rep. Andrew Clyde (R-GA), who, despite the fact that he helped barricade a door in the Capitol that day, said the breach looked like a “normal tourist visit.”

 

Only for a fleeting few seconds did Carlson air any violent acts, doing so in one grainy piece of footage as part of a split screen. There is ample footage of rioters engaged in violence against police, but he declined to include any of those in the segment. He also did not note that the mob had chanted, “Hang Mike Pence” as a makeshift gallows stood outside the Capitol. He noted the death of Brian Sicknick of a stroke the day after the riot, but failed to mention that the 42-year-old was sprayed by a rioter with an unknown substance the day before he died. Since there is video of that incident, Carlson could have chosen to air it, but he did not do so.

 

He also did not air footage of Officer Daniel Hodges of being crushed in a doorway by a violent mob trying to force their way further into the Capitol. 

 

Click on the link for the full article

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/23/2021 at 11:39 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

I can't (yes, I really can, but you know what I mean) believe that Ashli Babbitt is becoming a ****ing folk hero to these assholes.

 

 

Both sides need better heros....lets be real.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/21/2021 at 1:24 AM, China said:

Memo shows Trump lawyer's six-step plan for Pence to overturn the election

 

A conservative lawyer working with then-President Donald Trump's legal team tried to convince then-Vice President Mike Pence that he could overturn the election results on January 6 when Congress counted the Electoral College votes by throwing out electors from seven states, according to the new book "Peril" from Washington Post journalists Bob Woodward and Robert Costa.

 

The scheme put forward by controversial lawyer John Eastman was outlined in a two-page memo obtained by the authors for "Peril," and which was subsequently obtained by CNN. The memo, which has not previously been made public, provides new detail showing how Trump and his team tried to persuade Pence to subvert the Constitution and throw out the election results on January 6.

 

The Eastman memo laid out a six-step plan for Pence to overturn the election for Trump, which included throwing out the results in seven states because they allegedly had competing electors. In fact, no state had actually put forward an alternate slate of electors -- there were merely Trump allies claiming without any authority to be electors.


Under Eastman's scheme, Pence would have declared Trump the winner with more Electoral College votes after the seven states were thrown out, at 232 votes to 222. Anticipating "howls" from Democrats protesting the overturning of the election, the memo proposes, Pence would instead say that no candidate had reached 270 votes in the Electoral College. That would throw the election to the House of Representatives, where each state would get one vote. Since Republicans controlled 26 state delegations, a majority could vote for Trump to win the election.

 

Click on the link for the full article

 

Maybe We Should Be Talking More About the Trump Coup Memo

 

Why did TV networks ignore it?
 

There was big news this week on what is known ominously and euphemistically as “the democracy beat,” and like all such news, it was bad. On Tuesday, CNN published a two-page memo written by a lawyer for then-President Donald Trump’s re-election campaign during the run-up to the January 6 certification of the Electoral College results. In six concise bullet-points, the memo outlined a process by which Vice President Mike Pence could use his powers on January 6 to throw out the electors from seven states that President Joe Biden won in the 2020 election. The plan counted on Republicans in those states to submit competing sets of electors, based on the false and fabricated premise that Trump had somehow won those states.

 

The memo’s author, John Eastman, is a lawyer—at the time, he was even a tenured professor at Chapman University School of Law—but what he created is not a legal document. It is by its nature extra-legal: It is a blueprint for a coup.

 

Eastman anticipated the possibility that some people would be mad. “Howls, of course, from the Democrats,” he predicted in bullet-point four, immediately following the line, “Pence then gavels President Trump as re-elected.” Yeah, man, no kidding.

 

It is a little weird to read all these months later about something that was also plain as day at the time. Thursday marked the one-year anniversary of a Barton Gellman article in The Atlantic that laid out the strategy that Trump, with Eastman and others’ help, would pursue. Mother Jones and others covered closely the efforts from the Trump campaign to throw out votes in courts and disenfranchise entire states. My colleague Becca Andrews was even in Atlanta on December 14 when Georgia Republicans showed up at the Capitol to endorse their own pretend slate of Trump electors—a bizarre sideshow that was nonetheless part of a scattershot, collective pretext for the strategy Eastman spelled out. January 6 happened on live TV. But what was described on those couple of pages is what all the stunts and subterfuge were building up to—notes, as it were, on a criminal ****ing conspiracy.

 

There have not been a lot of attempts to depose elected American presidents in my lifetime, though I’m only 34. Not knowing for sure what happens when you dissociate “peaceful transfer of power” from “a society entirely predicated on it,” I sort of think this is a pretty big deal. This is a break-the-glass moment, as some have said, only someone else already broke the glass and took the axe and is running around with it.

 

But it is not such a big deal, apparently, if you watch network TV news. On Wednesday, Media Matters’ Matt Gertz reported that the total number of minutes devoted to the story on either the morning or evening editions of ABC, NBC, or CBS News in the first two days after the memo was published was zero. “In fact,” Gertz wrote, “the only national network broadcasts to mention Trump’s coup memo were the late-night variety shows hosted by Jimmy Kimmel, Stephen Colbert, and Seth Meyers.”

 

Click on the link for the full article

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

^ ^ ^ A cornerstone of that strategy is sowing doubt on the election results.  Trump has done that.  He laid the groundwork. And it came from his pathological aversion to rejection. He didn't win, so like a child he cried "Cheaters." Over and over again, absent evidence and to the detriment of the country. We were warned about it by the people who know him best. 

 

Listen again to Tony Schwartz , who wrote "The Art of the Deal" for Trump and who spent countless hours with him, seeing of all his pathologies first-hand, about the prospect of Trump losing an election. From 2016.  How prescient:

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just pointing out, about the coup. 
 

It's tempting to reference this in terms of Trump. Or Trump's lawyer. 
 

But it's not. It's the entire GOP. With amazingly few exceptions. 
 

The memo outlined Pence throwing out seven states based on the fact that said state's legislatures had appointed alternate electors. And those states did so. Without a single Republican dissention .   
 

It relies on the assumption, if Pence stays on script, that the entire Republican Congress will go ahead with the coup. Without a Republican dissention. 
 

Before the election, both Trump and Skippy stated that they were intending to try to overturn the election by throwing out hundreds of thousands of ballots. 
 

Part of that plan was to encourage Republicans to vote using a particular method, so that after there election, there would be a pile of mostly Republican ballots and a pile of mostly Democrat ones. And every element of the Republican Party went along with the effort to set up this situation. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Larry said:

Just pointing out, about the coup. 
 

It's tempting to reference this in terms of Trump. Or Trump's lawyer. 
 

But it's not. It's the entire GOP. With amazingly few exceptions. 
 

The memo outlined Pence throwing out seven states based on the fact that said state's legislatures had appointed alternate electors. And those states did so. Without a single Republican dissention .   
 

It relies on the assumption, if Pence stays on script, that the entire Republican Congress will go ahead with the coup. Without a Republican dissention. 
 

Before the election, both Trump and Skippy stated that they were intending to try to overturn the election by throwing out hundreds of thousands of ballots. 
 

Part of that plan was to encourage Republicans to vote using a particular method, so that after there election, there would be a pile of mostly Republican ballots and a pile of mostly Democrat ones. And every element of the Republican Party went along with the effort to set up this situation. 

 

This is all true.  But it is also true that had the de facto leader of that party had said before the election "I commit to a peaceful transfer of power" and after the election "Congratulations to Joe Biden on a hard-fought victory" - like every Presidential loser in history has done, none of this would be going on. 

 

But this what happens when you anoint a psychologically disordered man-child as the leader of your party.

  • Thumb up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

 

This is all true.  But it is also true that had the de facto leader of that party had said before the election "I commit to a peaceful transfer of power" and after the election "Congratulations to Joe Biden on a hard-fought victory" - like every Presidential loser in history has done, none of this would be going on. 

 

But this what happens when you anoint a psychologically disordered man-child as the leader of your party.

 

The Republicans have been more overt since the Supremes decision of 2000. The Supremes throwing out key provisions of the Voting Rights Act opened the floodgates of election fraud. I know some people won't agree, but the low percentage of votes to Trump in those few states over Clinton that weren't contested or recounted is highly suspicious. It reminded me of Kerry not asking for some recounts in 2004, and conceding too soon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Data from Oath Keepers leaked online after alleged hack

 

A hacker claims to have stolen and leaked reams of data from the Oath Keepers, the far-right militia group whose members were present at the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

 

The roughly 5GB of data, which was provided by the hacker to the journalist and transparency collective Distributed Denial of Secrets (DDoSecrets), contains everything from emails and internal chats to details on the organization’s members and donors.

 

Composed of current and former military and police who believe they are defending the U.S. Constitution against a tyrannical government, the Oath Keepers have become a focal point of the ongoing federal investigation into the Capitol riot after at least 19 members were charged for their alleged involvement.

 

The hack includes, among other things, the militia’s Rocket.Chat server, an open source communication platform where members coalesce. An older archive details messages made in June 2020 while a second cache shows messages sent from March 2021 up until Sept. 19.

 

More than 10,000 emails from the inboxes of high-profile members including state chapter leaders were also found in the breach, with dates ranging from Jan. 13 to Sept. 19.

 

The Department of Justice (DOJ) has accused Rhodes of helping coordinate the attack on Jan. 6 while outside the Capitol, according to USA Today. Specifically, prosecutors say Rhodes advised his militiamen on what weapons to bring and which entrances would be easily breached. Rhodes, who has not been charged thus far, denies that the group had made plans ahead of time to storm the Capitol.

 

DDoSecrets co-founder Emma Best told the Daily Dot that the hacked data will help shed new light on the inner-workings of the paramilitary group.

 

Click on the link for the full article

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...